Who Was Your Favourite Character And Why? (Potential Spoilers)

+

Who was your favourite character?

• Total voters
Don
YES! I love all your points and its so close to what drew me to Judy and then made her one of my favorite romancable characters (in any game). A few very small things to touch on in terms of your last sentence. Have you finished the game? Also, something I discovered which I thought was neat and could easily be overlooked was that I RUSHED through Judy's romance arc before I even did the quest with Takemura that takes place during the parade. When I called her after that quest, she commented on hearing about it and how her instinct told her you were involved. It was a neat little exchange that I think probably gets overlooked or just plain missed. I'm currently on my second (third technically but I never finished my male/2nd) playthrough and I've kept it in my mind to call her after finishing major plotpoints. On the topic of calling her, i adore her cheeky little opener to phone conversations that she uses after you've completed the romance. It's very in keeping with her personality, and just added to my admiration for how she was written. Panam does NOTHING like this. (Ok, there IS a little bit of any exchange but it takes a few sentences to get there...in the end it's REALLY down to preference and he more I keep talking about the more I appreciate how different Judy and Panam are). I know that's in keeping with Panam's character, but it feels...not intimate? Anyway. sorry that was long xD
Don't ever apologize for sharing your passion or love no matter how long it takes! I know what you are referring to in the ending, i am playing for over 130 hours now and am taking it easy with each step to enjoy every bit of it, it is just the lack of interaction past the initial intimacy that tears me down, i cry and smile each time Judy is present, one because of the beauty of her story and character and other because of lack of interaction and affection. I know about the nomad ending and the credits I had to make sure to find out what awaits past the point of no return. And i am glad I did, I haven't seen the endings or the credit sequences since i know most are heart crushing, aside from the one that keeps her happy. And i have no intention of ever seeing them since i can't handle that much depression xD
But I'll tell you that there is no greater reward for me in this game than the relationship with Judy and the events and time spent with her. I don't know what creates lasting value for other people but for me its her and all the plot and interaction with her!

Post automatically merged:

Can you only imagine if it happened like halfway through the game (or closer to the end)? Good god it would've been HEARTBREAKING

Either way I'd of found it heartbreaking, especially after trying for almost an hour to save the guy only to then realize that the story is scripted/linear and there was no saving him.

However, I'd of personally preferred it to of happened nearer to the end of the game if it had to happen at all, simply because it would of meant more people could understand the character and obviously it would give the character more depth. Rather than seeing people not really caring, which because of the current lack of content is obviously going to be a common occurrence. It was a terrible idea to cut the content really.

The story would of felt better and more complete too. I do think we will get that content back at some point but in reality it should of been there to begin with. The story needed it.

Don

Don't ever apologize for sharing your passion or love no matter how long it takes! I know what you are referring to in the ending, i am playing for over 130 hours now and am taking it easy with each step to enjoy every bit of it, it is just the lack of interaction past the initial intimacy that tears me down, i cry and smile each time Judy is present, one because of the beauty of her story and character and other because of lack of interaction and affection. I know about the nomad ending and the credits I had to make sure to find out what awaits past the point of no return. And i am glad I did, I haven't seen the endings or the credit sequences since i know most are heart crushing, aside from the one that keeps her happy. And i have no intention of ever seeing them since i can't handle that much depression xD
But I'll tell you that there is no greater reward for me in this game than the relationship with Judy and the events and time spent with her. I don't know what creates lasting value for other people but for me its her and all the plot and interaction with her!
I agree. Because of what I know now I plan to space out Judy's quest-line so I can spread it across a playthrough instead of rushing through it. I also did that research because I knew if I had to finish the game and she wasn't brought back into the picture it would borderline ruin my experience. I don't know about you, but I thought her mission right before the romance scene in the cabin was one of the sweetest/cutest bits of writing for a romance I had ever experienced. I was actually smiling like an idiot that whole time before V had to go and abruptly end it. No mission in the game for me has come close to inciting the same level of emotion I felt during that whole sequence.

1.) V (Because for me at least, she wasn't just a reflection of the player)
2.) Judy
3.) Jackie
4.) Panam
5.) Claire
6.) Kerry
7.) Rogue
8.) River (Damn his story was heartbreaking to play)
9.) Johnny

That's my personal Top 9 :)

Either way I'd of found it heartbreaking, especially after trying for almost an hour to save the guy only to then realize that the story is scripted/linear and there was no saving him.

However, I'd of personally preferred it to of happened nearer to the end of the game if it had to happen at all, simply because it would of meant more people could understand the character and obviously it would give the character more depth. Rather than seeing people not really caring, which because of the current lack of content is obviously going to be a common occurrence. It was a terrible idea to cut the content really.

The story would of felt better and more complete too. I do think we will get that content back at some point but in reality it should of been there to begin with. The story needed it.
Looking at this again, it accents something I feel is a total missed opportunity in terms of companions. Imagine Jackie going through the game with you, doing Jackie things (ahem, like blocking my view when I'm trying to sneak). And then imagine Judy throwing out quickhacks and maybe being a healer type. And Panam hanging back and sniping fools. Like Fallout where you can pick and choose companions to accompany you. Cyberpunk feels different when you're doing missions with characters. When Jackie follows you around during the intro bits it makes the game feel more alive, more dynamic, even if he actually doesn't really do much aside from offer companionship, mistimed yells, (and coordinated takedowns. holy damn can you imagine that as a mechanic?) I know it's almost like asking the game to be a totally different kind of game, but the more I think about it the more I realize that mechanic could've enhanced the experience so much.

EDIT: I'm so sorry! You're talking about Jackie and I went on an unrelated tanget. Your points just sparked that thought process.

It just occured to me...was someoneon the writing team a Ramones fan?

Evelyn and Meredith, two characters I wanted more of. Evelyn...I kiiiinda understand her circumstances were needed to propel Judy's storyline...ok fine lol. but Meredith? Huge missed opportunity there.
V's potential door opener into another corp? Hell yea! I'd have loved to do some jobs with/for her and her crew... also: Militech gear and resources.

As for Evelyn... yea, another missed opportunity for many story choices, and maybe even a nice, high class romance... and, you know, some actual erotic sh*t... like s*x in a glass penthouse pool, or in a luxury AV. ;)

Last edited:
V's potential door opener into another corp? Hell yea! I'd have loved to do some jobs with/for her and her crew... also: Militech gear and resources.

As for Evelyn... yea, another missed opportunity for many story choices, and maybe even a nice, high class romance...
take it up a notch what about an ending where she helps you (like the panam/nomads one). Or a plotline (just spitballing stuff here) where you're doing a mission for/with her and something goes horribly wrong and it gets blamed on her feelings for you compromising her decision making and she loses her position within Militech (or leaves) and you have to help her acclimate to her new lifestyle (date quest). CDPR hire me please xD j/k

My favorite is Judy. Her character is so alive in the game for what time you get to spend with her. Wish there was more though, and she has so much character and depth and you really get to know her more then any other character except maybe Johnny. Panam was a great character to and Johnny was awesome as well. But Judy drew out the most emotion for me followed by Johnny.

Rachel because she's hot.
rachel cyberpunk.png

WAIT A MINUTE who is this? I've done 2 playthroughs and I don't remember meeting her once.
She's part of a side job called sinnerman that you get about halfway through the game (forget what exact main quest) but it's around the same time you get the side jobs for elizabeth and jefferson peralez

She's part of a side job called sinnerman that you get about halfway through the game (forget what exact main quest) but it's around the same time you get the side jobs for elizabeth and jefferson peralez
Damn. I'll have to do it in round 3. Thanks for the info I remember seeing that quest pop up and kinda glazing over it.

Yea, she's nice, wholesome... but the romance roster is severely lacking a "babe", a real lady.
Which is why I made a post in the suggestions section telling the devs they should add Rachel ;)

GASP she is more woman than I can handle in real life. If you mean some pretty face that cares more about looks than getting stuff done, I don't know what to tell you.
There are other very attractive characters in the game that can get "stuff done". Not every romance option has to come from the same background.

Which is why I made a post in the suggestions section telling the devs they should add Rachel ;)

There are other very attractive characters in the game that can get "stuff done". Not every romance option has to come from the same background.

I fully agree but I don't like the idea of your stereotypical "lady". Like a housewife or model or some bull.

Top Bottom