Who Was Your Favourite Character And Why? (Potential Spoilers)

+

Who was your favourite character?

• Total voters
Just voted for Panam, but for me all the characters on this list are good. I can't choose one, I love them all

I want to note that the most emotional moments for me (at this time, I have not finished the game yet) were with Kerry and Judy - when Kerry plays his new melody on the guitar on a yacht, and when Judy and V are sitting near the water, and she says that she is going leave the city ( :giveup: ). It is also very noticeable how Vik and Misty are very worried about V, how the nomads invite you into their family, and so on. These moments are also quite emotional.

And so you can say about any character from the list - each has its own characteristics and they are all beautiful. But as said earlier in this thread, almost all of them are "dead" due to lack of interaction and time spent with them.
Why is it all so sad? Even in such a strong aspect of the game as characters, we still find so many flaws

Jackie being the likeable tragic character who introduces us to the world is amazing storytelling. Just before we leave the vehicle where Jackie is dead, we see Delamain staring back at us for a moment. A cold stare as the rain pours down on us. In that moment I felt an overwhelming feeling of emptiness. Delamains stare showed no sympathy just like the city. Is being a legend really worth the loss of the ones you care for? I stared at Jackie dead and saw what Night City turned him into. I didn't want anyone else to suffer that same fate just like Evelyn Parker. She was selfish in nature at first, until she spoke to Judy. She was protecting her but from what? I thought Evelyn was just another pretty face but I was wrong. She was desperate and the layers of her character run deep. She will do anything to leave the city even if it meant betraying Dex. After her suicide, I watched Judy fall apart and it made me understand that Judy will suffer the same fate just like Evelyn and Jackie. Not being able to save Jackie and Evelyn was the right choice to make by the developers. In real life we don't get to save the people we care for, so cherishing those final moments with them is all we have left before they die. I hope the DLC will have more characters like Jackie and Evelyn to explore.

Attachments

• 1091500_20201228234906_1.png
    1091500_20201228234906_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Jackie. He was the first "best friend of the MC" in a videogame that really felt like it. Which is amazing imo, as he was around such a short time in game.

Usually when in a game im told that this guy is supposed to be your best friend, I'm like "Ok I guess." And if he/she dies or disappears I'm also like "Ok, I guess" With Jackie I was surprisingly invested myself. He felt like the guy you could trust everything and he would be there to stand and take it all with you. Sadly we couldn't spend more time with him.

Jackie being the likeable tragic character who introduces us to the world is amazing storytelling. Just before we leave the vehicle where Jackie is dead, we see Delamain staring back at us for a moment. A cold stare as the rain pours down on us. In that moment I felt an overwhelming feeling of emptiness. Delamains stare showed no sympathy just like the city. Is being a legend really worth the loss of the ones you care for? I stared at Jackie dead and saw what Night City turned him into. I didn't want anyone else to suffer that same fate just like Evelyn Parker. She was selfish in nature at first, until she spoke to Judy. She was protecting her but from what? I thought Evelyn was just another pretty face but I was wrong. She was desperate and the layers of her character run deep. She will do anything to leave the city even if it meant betraying Dex. After her suicide, I watched Judy fall apart and it made me understand that Judy will suffer the same fate just like Evelyn and Jackie. Not being able to save Jackie and Evelyn was the right choice to make by the developers. In real life we don't get to save the people we care for, so cherishing those final moments with them is all we have left before they die. I hope the DLC will have more characters like Jackie and Evelyn to explore.
Exactly! I think this game portrays loss so well and it's honestly what makes the story so great imo. I see so many people complaining on how we couldn't save Jackie, Evelyn, V etc. But I think it honestly makes the story hit that much harder. You can't save everybody in real life, some things are just out of your control no matter what you do. The story wouldn't be all that great if we could just save everybody's life including ours and not deal with the consequences of our actions. I understand people want to feel like a badass and want to have the freedom of choice to be able to do anything in this game, but when it comes down to it, sometimes it doesn't matter what decision you make in life or how you do it, things don't always go your way/as planned.

The only problem I have with the story/storytelling in this game is it feels like they cut too much of it out. Sure because of that there's no fluff, but because there's no fluff it feels skeletal at times. We barely get a chance to know Jackie really before he dies, and it really goes to show how amazing CDPR's writers are because I knew he was gonna die (I seen the trailers) and I only knew the guy for 4-5 hours and I still teared up a lil. Really wish they would've made the main story at least 30 hours long instead of 20. I know they said the Witcher 3 was too long (at 50 hours) but this games main story is like the equivalent of 2 call of duty campaigns length wise. Even the Side content with people like Panam, Judy, River and Kerry suffers from this as well. It all feels like it was cut short.

Exactly! I think this game portrays loss so well and it's honestly what makes the story so great imo. I see so many people complaining on how we couldn't save Jackie, Evelyn, V etc. But I think it honestly makes the story hit that much harder. You can't save everybody in real life, some things are just out of your control no matter what you do. The story wouldn't be all that great if we could just save everybody's life including ours and not deal with the consequences of our actions. I understand people want to feel like a badass and want to have the freedom of choice to be able to do anything in this game, but when it comes down to it, sometimes it doesn't matter what decision you make in life or how you do it, things don't always go your way/as planned.

The only problem I have with the story/storytelling in this game is it feels like they cut too much of it out. Sure because of that there's no fluff, but because there's no fluff it feels skeletal at times. We barely get a chance to know Jackie really before he dies, and it really goes to show how amazing CDPR's writers are because I knew he was gonna die (I seen the trailers) and I only knew the guy for 4-5 hours and I still teared up a lil. Really wish they would've made the main story at least 30 hours long instead of 20. I know they said the Witcher 3 was too long (at 50 hours) but this games main story is like the equivalent of 2 call of duty campaigns length wise. Even the Side content with people like Panam, Judy, River and Kerry suffers from this as well. It all feels like it was cut short.

I agree. Jackie dying so soon without knowing more about how he grew up, his family and impact on his community kind of disorientated me. I believe the quick cinematic cut scenes during the beginning was meant to show us a quick timelapse of those shared experiences, but we should have been in their with him. It wasn't until I sent his body to his family, watching his mother grieve and seeing misty broken that I really felt the impact of the legacy he left behind. The second time replaying the game really hit me emotionally. Also, after watching reaction videos on youtube, I don't believe many people understood how important his death was and how it will effect all the other supporting characters. The developers adding in the ability to call Jackie's phone to leave messages is so sad yet necessary of how humans deal with grief and loss. I raise a toast to Jackie when I drink a beer =(

Panam all the way.
The nomad style is my kinda go to style in CP and with the fact that i think the panam story is so well written but to short (as all the other romances with activities,missions, etc.) i cannot even play the game a second time bevor there are updates/DLCs. Otherwise i would upset myself again sadly.
And i mean comon guys she got a fn tank if that isnt another big + i dont know what to say xD

Another vote for V, seriously female V is so full of personality that I hope they pull a Shepard and make it a series with the same protagonist.
Next Johnny, Jackie, Vik, Judy, Goro, Misty and Panam. I think River and Kerry could have been developed a bit more (compared to Judy at least) but there are no bad characters. Even minor characters that could have been one sided are multilayered and believable.

Another vote for V, seriously female V is so full of personality that I hope they pull a Shepard and make it a series with the same protagonist.
Next Johnny, Jackie, Vik, Judy, Goro, Misty and Panam. I think River and Kerry could have been developed a bit more (compared to Judy at least) but there are no bad characters. Even minor characters that could have been one sided are multilayered and believable.

Misty is on the sidelines always overseeing the tragedy left before her. Her guidance for V is always memorable and would love to see her again. How Rivers was conveyed to me was alright. Having a deep hatred for someone and wanting them dead makes him very interesting. I failed at saving Randy so Rivers hating me felt real. The sexual interactions with the few characters we have is important to me because it deepens the connection we have with them as we learn something about each other. Was it meaningful or just a selfish desire? I'm so happy it wasn't used as a cheap gimmick and shows the meaning behind human interaction.

Takemura for me.

LOL @ Kerry though. I've completed the game twice and I'm on my 3rd playthrough now, and never met him once.
He's a really easy character to miss, along with River which sucks for most people because I like them both a lot. They're also the only male romance options in the game lol

Bug should get a shout out here, she played the biggest part and got the worst exit! -w
I liked T-bug also but her dying was great for the story. Not every character you meet could survive. Feels more realistic and makes Arasaka appear more ruthless in their attempts to control the world.

Skippy and the talking vending machine!
Also the first Delamain alt... Beep! Beep! Moth******er!

Panam for me, I like her passion.
I am rather surprised at Judy's popularity. I must have been taking the wrong options. I am on my third run and I have found her rather disloyal.

I usually like romance in games since it ups the stakes if you have an emotional investment in character/NPC but here... I haven't had that feeling at all. Takemura is very compelling as a friend. That alone is enough of an emotional connection, for me at least.
Post automatically merged:

I am rather surprised at Judy's popularity. I must have been taking the wrong options. I am on my third run and I have found her rather disloyal.
I played a V male and really liked the voice actor for him. I never had a romance with Judy but the friendship path with her is incredibly well done. She really grew on me even after she left NC and she has incredible depth as a character. Panam for me felt empty and stilted even though I romanced her.

Last edited:

Judy is passionately loyal to the idea of being the Punk Girl savior of hookers in Night City and avenging Evelyn, who she was apparently in full-on love with. She's also someone who has some really stupid ideas about the Mox and being the savior. I supported her and her revenge throughout but it ended badly.

Amnixx and Willowhugger thanks for your feedback.
Like I said I must be taking the wrong options. I romanced her in the 2nd game and she left my female V during the ending and in this playthrough I am missing out the last quest with her as she didn't agree with my Clouds actions and she deleted me from her contacts. At this point I'm not seeing the loyalty. Although, she was a loyal during the first playthrough.

Amnixx and Willowhugger thanks for your feedback.
Like I said I must be taking the wrong options. I romanced her in the 2nd game and she left my female V during the ending and in this playthrough I am missing out the last quest with her as she didn't agree with my Clouds actions and she deleted me from her contacts. At this point I'm not seeing the loyalty. Although, she was a loyal during the first playthrough.

Judy will continue her romance with you as long as you don't take Maiko's eddies, even if you sided with her.

Basically, taking the money implies to her that you were bribed into betraying the group.

Top Bottom