Why is Gwent so addictive?

+
I like gwent but i am not addicted. The only thing which keeps me playing is collection. I have a addiction with free stuff, so i play almost everyday to get free kegs.
in gwent , in fact , i like just animations and the connexion with witcher lore.
For 5000 dollars i will not play gwent

RidiculousName;n10196722 said:
:rly?:
You're not going to keep me away from the game with money, especially hypothetical money.

-----------------------------

Here are a few things that make GWENT enjoyable to me (in no particular order):
  • the Witcher theme that it's built around/on
  • the beautiful card art
  • visuals in general
  • Shupe (keg smasher and card both)
  • the ability to build all kinds of decks, including completely useless and stupid, but fun ones
  • holiday events and of course the upcoming Thronebreaker
  • being able to play against the AI whenever, also friend matches; to take a break from random opponents
  • updates/bugfixes showing up frequently enough (probably expected in a beta, but still worth mentioning)
  • the strategy element
  • the fact that it can played in multiple languages, even with different picks for text and audio
  • official tournaments are always enjoyable to watch (and learn from)

Fair points, except for the A.I, i always practice in casual.

It really is the witcher universe that makes the game so rich.

There really are some very cool cards, characters and strategies

:wisegirl:

I wish they diden't shorten the names of cards, it diluted the identity of them a bit.

Raunbjorn

Thanks to the Midwinter patch my Gwent addiction is cured! :p Couldn't even finish the win 6 rounds to get a premium keg today. At least i can beat dorf players with my Eredin deck but the new animations and simplification of cards has left me with no desire to play the game in its current state no matter how much I wanna get back to playing it. If you guys know any cool alternatives please hit me! Setling with chess and MtG for now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10209792 said:
What about warhammer and the god-emperor of mankind?

:sleepy:

warhammer 40k, warminecraft, shrimp of thrones, harry the pot, older scroll, fall in, dark chores, diabowl, legend of zeldoodle, dungeons and dragons, narnia, final fantasy (which the final one never comes) you name em.

Top Bottom