Why would Geralt wear Temerian/Nilfgaardian armor?

+
Why would Geralt wear Temerian/Nilfgaardian armor?

Since Geralt and Witchers in general have no political affiliations, nor care for politics or taking sides, why would Temerian/Nilfgaardian armor be a choice? Not a huge deal, but knowing what we know playing the first 2 games and reading the books, this seems a bit off. Thankfully the Nilfgaardian armor looks a million times better than 99% of the armor in the game.

Since Geralt and Witchers in general have no political affiliations, nor care for politics or taking sides, why would Temerian/Nilfgaardian armor be a choice? Not a huge deal, but knowing what we know playing the first 2 games and reading the books, this seems a bit off. Thankfully the Nilfgaardian armor looks a million times better than 99% of the armor in the game.

A good question.
But I simply don't care about the name. The Temerian armor is the best armor in the game, and it really fits what Geralt would wear.

I don't think the addition of Nilfgaardian armor serve anything other than cosmetic purpose - adding to the many variety outfit design that Geralt can wear. I would wish that CDPR would add more witcher school gears, especially from the wolf school as it doesn't seem to exist in the game.

I can honestly believe that him being so neutral towards politics he would wear said armor just because it's that good of a upgrade to him.

They are just names for you as a gamer, you know. People won't look at Geralt then walk up to him and say "Damn, homie! The Nilfgaard outfit, you know I was going to buy that too, but had to settle for this no-name shit..."

Nlfgaardian armour looks hawt! I'm fond of all-black attire/armour. The fit on Geralt is also excellent. Not bulky like some. Temerian also has a great fit. I wish the Wolf Armour makes a big comeback for higher levels. That one is the best looking to me. Would actually prefer wolf armour if only we can enhance it more.

wazaa

Forum veteran
I can honestly believe that him being so neutral towards politics he would wear said armor just because it's that good of a upgrade to him.

He is not neutral about politics. He doesn't care about politics.

He is a witcher. Friend of his friends and enemy of his enemies, he has a long life and he see the world changes, he doesn't try to be a hero, he only tries to do the good for the people he cares, and he tries to be neutral about anything because he belive that there are never a good and a bad side, that nothing is black and white, that everything is grey. So he tries to be neutral, cause he is afraid of perform the wrong decission... hiding it in his cinism.

And it is the way he tries to act. And he cannot alway act in this way... because he cares about the living beings of that world.

But it is all related to people. A good armor is a good armor, and a good sword is a good sword.

Witchers are a neutral group so could care even less who's armor they are wearing so long as stops monster teeth

Last edited:
Nlfgaardian armour looks hawt! I'm fond of all-black attire/armour. The fit on Geralt is also excellent. Not bulky like some. Temerian also has a great fit. I wish the Wolf Armour makes a big comeback for higher levels. That one is the best looking to me. Would actually prefer wolf armour if only we can enhance it more.

Kaer Morhen armor upgraded to Warrior Jacket when paired with Ursine boots, pants and gloves look fantastic. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/captmorgan72/Velen.jpg
It would be nice if the Kaer Morhen armor had higher stats but I just rely on Geralt's speed and agility to parry/dodge attacks. That armor combo really looks great paired together though.

I imagine because it protects against sword thrusts.

Geralt is a pragmatist, after all.

I don't think the addition of Nilfgaardian armor serve anything other than cosmetic purpose - adding to the many variety outfit design that Geralt can wear. I would wish that CDPR would add more witcher school gears, especially from the wolf school as it doesn't seem to exist in the game.

Indeed. Only in TW 1 with the Wolf style swordmanship makes me feel Wolf is really exist.

Honestly, Geralt doesn't give a shit what type of armor he wears is associated with, cause well...Geralt just doesn't give a shit. Wait until you progress in the game and unlock the master armor...then he will look more like a witcher. WORTH IT.

Top Bottom