Wiedźmin Lighting Mod.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viper_Joe;n8338580 said:
Does this mod completely do away with the lens flare effect from STLM 3.x? At the moment I'm unable to download it and see for myself in-game, so I have to ask because that is genuinely one of my favorite things about the latest version of the original mod.

Yes it does. If you want a version with the lens-flare effects I suggest you download the original version, or perhaps wait for an update from Essenthy.

LukeSparow;n8338660 said:
Yes it does. If you want a version with the lens-flare effects I suggest you download the original version, or perhaps wait for an update from Essenthy.

Well, that's a shame. I would've liked to have the lens flare along with all the other "fixes" from this mod, particularly to the weather system, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

WalteriusMaximus;n8338340 said:
A few issues to report:

1 - Dungeons have a strange blue lighting: http://i.imgur.com/Uw6mGRV.jpg
Could this be made more neutral?

2 - Visibility underwater (in dungeons) is a problem: http://i.imgur.com/6uYDNaf.jpg
I agree, it should be murky, but this could maybe be toned down just a little

1. Maybe i will see if something can be done but i like caves dark i will try to eliminete blue tint.
2.Yes i already done this for some regions because it was also my original intention, that fix will be in next patch v7 ETA tonight, or maybe tomorrow it all depends on time i will have for this.

azazaLalkovich sory friend not for now, because i didnt even start BAW, i dont want to spoil region for me. When i finish it ok, but first i plan to finish this mod and than do whole walkthrough of the game.

Mishikedman;n8339060 said:
1. Maybe i will see if something can be done but i like caves dark i will try to eliminete blue tint.
2.Yes i already done this for some regions because it was also my original intention, that fix will be in next patch v7 ETA tonight, or maybe tomorrow it all depends on time i will have for this.

That's great, Mishikedman! Just to be clear, I am not asking for dungeons to be lighter (I also like them to be dark. In fact, they should be completely pitch black, technically). Just don't like the blue tint. It makes no sense at all because there should be no light sources in caves that shines blue LOL.

Mishikedman
Issues with the mountain-ranges in the back ground being overexposed are almost fixed.
I think it is acceptable now, but there is still some room for improvement towards the picture Hyadum proposed we aim for.

If going more towards that lessens the quality of general lighting in Velen I'd suggest to just leave it here though.
I tested a number of weathers and like I said it is acceptable. The mountains still get a white tint in clear sunny weather, but to an extend where I could say they were just being scorched by the sun.

Mishikedman;n8339080 said:
Viper_Joe believe me imo it is not that stable and consistent fx especially with bad weather and storm.

Oh, I believe you. It's just that I'm willing to overlook stability and consistency for the sake of something that, in my opinion, adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game and is an integral part of the overall aesthetic of The Witcher universe; after all, it was present throughout TW2 as well as the VGX/E3 2013 build of TW3.

I understand that not everyone shares my sentiments, though, and that's okay. I'll just wait for future updates from Essenthy.

WalteriusMaximus Pitch black would be ok if this was a horror first person game, but there are a lot of details in caves and it will be shame to miss some, so we will find good middle ground, also it would be strange to see Geralt light up like christmas tree when dialog scene trigger or.

LukeSparow Thing is it will directly impact on brightness of the sun and overall brightness and tone of daylight. But i will try to tone down as much i can,while maintaining quality of light in Velen

Mishikedman
Yeah, I figured that was the case. Like I said, it's very much passable now so if toning it down has too much impact on lighting, just leave it :p

Agree with your view on caves. Overall I think the lighting in caves and dungeons right now is really great, though the blue tint is somewhat odd.

Mishikedman;n8339310 said:
WalteriusMaximus Pitch black would be ok if this was a horror first person game, but there are a lot of details in caves and it will be shame to miss some, so we will find good middle ground, also it would be strange to see Geralt light up like christmas tree when dialog scene trigger or.

LukeSparow Thing is it will directly impact on brightness of the sun and overall brightness and tone of daylight. But i will try to tone down as much i can,while maintaining quality of light in Velen

Mishikedman is cutscene lighting different from normal environment lighting in STLM? I thought it was identical and that the difference was removed? But maybe you have to edit cutscene lighting along with normal lighting, I don't know.
If braziers gave off enough light, it would create an amazing atmosphere in dark caves ;)
Although, those other type of copper pot braziers you get in larger caves, like the ones in Wandering In The Dark, they give off light appropriately. Together with Geralt's torch light, I think it would be amazing. It will feel realistic, in my opinion. ;)

Yeah I agree.
Think caves are now pretty much perfect darkness-wise. Remember, human eyes adapt to darkness so it makes sense that it's not pitch black.

​​

LukeSparow;n8340560 said:
Yeah I agree.
Think caves are now pretty much perfect darkness-wise. Remember, human eyes adapt to darkness so it makes sense that it's not pitch black.

​​

Don't know if you have ever been in a cave where there is absolutely no light source - your eyes don't adjust. They only adjust if there is some degree of light. But that is a technicality that may not be entirely relevant since we are after all dealing with a game and complete darkness and having to rely on light sources to see anything at all may irritate some people. It would have been my personal preference, but I will put this issue to rest and go with what you guys want. ;)

WalteriusMaximus
Yeah I suppose you're right there. It could be extremely cool, but I can promise you right now it will suck in Witcher 3. It wasn't designed with that concept in mind.
It would somewhat work, but not during dialogue or Ciri scenes as in neither you can have a torch.

It's all cool you're improving/altering STLM, but would it be possible that you took some screenshots? I currently don't have the game installed, but I'm curious to know what the different flavour would mean in.-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom