Will You Keep Playing?

+
Will You Keep Playing?

As most of you know by now, Gwent's basically getting resurrected in six months. We have two updates, one which will bring some sort of balance to the game in May. After that, the game will take a break for four months until October (apparently.) I'm just wondering if you guys will keep playing during those months after May or will you just wait for the big Homecoming update? I personally want to have a full collection at the moment, even if the game is annoying as hell to play. Maybe I'll take a break after that but I'm definitely playing much, much less than I used to.

I'm hoping the game doesn't die out. That'll be really sad to see. Hopefully CDPR advertises the game's comeback well.

I'll keep playing -- not on a daily basis, as I haven't been doing that lately anyway, but still. Even if it's just a few matches per day or week.
I foresee a significant increase in my GWENTing once summer arrives.

There are plenty of fun decks to play (I'm like rank 4 so can have a good time in Ranked for quite a while before I hit the meta deck zone), not to mention the Arena. :D

Last edited:
I will play, but obviously, six months without nothing new is going to be so hard. I don't know how many time my enthusiasm will last, but let's try. I hope they give me something, at least some trinkets, to keep interest, but what I really hope is that this break worth it.

The balance patch will keep me going for a bit but once the game goes stale after that is when I might be gone for awhile.

I will play mostly arena cause its funny to build crazy decks and a little bit ranked. But comes summer its outdoor time. So autumn is a perfect release date for new gwent content!

See you ingame....

Nah I won't play until at least May. We'll see what they do about the complete debacle that is "create". After that I might play a bit but if the changes are not significant enough then GWENT goes back in the B I N file until Homecoming and then...then I give the game it's last chance before investing my time and money in a different CCG.

I've already signed up for the beta of MTG Arena and as a former DOTA 2 player maybe I'll give Artefact a go later this year.

The shame of it is that I would be mega sad to let go of The Witcher universe in that way, but I also won't play a game that lacks the player agency I require to get enjoyment.

Last edited:
I certainly won’t play every day as I did until the ending of last season. I don’t enjoy playing ranked in the current meta, don’t have the motivation for the grind, And I have all cards, so no incentive to play a lot.

Last edited:
Of course they'll advertise the game's comeback, this sort of resurrection will cost a lot of time and money. If they didn't care they'd have pulled the plug already.

As for me, I don't think I can stop playing at this point :p So there is that xD

Dunno, I'm terrible at predicting how much I'll play. There's still a dozen decks I want to try though and I haven't played Arena at all.
Challenges will still shake up the meta at least momentarily and clearly a lot will depend on the balance patch.

I think it'd help a lot if they jiggled some numbers every month or so for the next 6 months just to shake things up a bit. Nothing that requires a lot of their resources, just -2 to Longships or +2 to DB Sentries or whatnot.

Na I stopped playing last month, too many annoying things like NG handbuff, viper witchers and slave drivers. So annoying NG pretty much. Sure it can be beat but it's just boring and annoying to play against. See you guys in 6 months. ✌

Everyday I try to play some casual games to get the daily iron reward, which I'm saving up for the premium keg promotion.
After that I'll wait for the balance patch in May and I'll reconsider from there if I'll continue or wait for the final release.
I hope CDPR will change their mind about updating the current meta though.
Card games thrive on variation wasting all the work on this meta would be a shame.
It definitely needs balancing but after that it's quite refined, in the final release it could serve as a casual/arcade mode.
The announced overhaul could be a new game mode for the hardcore player and along that you'll have Arena and Thronebreaker.
Now that would be a nice package + you've reduced the risk of losing a part of the current playerbase.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep playing here and there just like I have done so far :) I haven't played Gwent daily in ages, since there are still also other games that I want to complete. So nothing changes on that front.

I'll keep playing... and I'll reevaluate when they change everything yet again.

TBH I'm more concerned with some of their stated plans than I am with the current state of the game, since they feel like overreactions. however I'll take a wait and see approach and bitch loudly if my feelings are confirmed.

I actually kinda returned now.

Not gonna play alot, but i got a positive vibe from the open letter CDPR gave. I agree with almost everything there. So i have hope =P
Ill play some rounds so i wont be too out of shape once Homecoming hits, and they nail the gameplay.

I wont be playing until 2.0.

Got most of the cards and i'm siting in more than 170 kegs. I have no incentives whatsoever to keep playing against brover and greatswords in 90% of my matches.

el_Bosco;n10823951 said:
I wont be playing until 2.0.

Got most of the cards and i'm siting in more than 170 kegs. I have no incentives whatsoever to keep playing against brover and greatswords in 90% of my matches.

Actually I don't see Greatswords too often. It's all Brouver. Everywhere. Some Eithne too.

It's a shame too because I pack a Vicovaro medic, Greatswords are an easy win for my usual deck.

I lost all the motivation to play this game, I played it since the closed beta, every day without missing a daily quest, now I feel it was a waste of time..

so... NO, I will not play this game anymore, maybe I get back in 6 months, but I got tired of wasting time in a beta of a game that will no longer be :(

Last time I played was the public beta last year till they nerfed Nilfgaard again. I also quite playing for awhile in the closed beta. I'm pretty sure myself and many others raised concerns of the constant nerfing, changing of card abilities and overall how they are tackling balancing this game. Not sure if this revamp is a direct result of straying too far from what gwent is but I'm only here to comment due to seeing the news on IGN.

Best way to put it is for me this game feels like playing Yu-Gi-Oh but all those amazing cards you collected could be made useless at any given moment during development. Which is why I have been waiting for the full release in the hope changes like this aren't so drastic. During the beta stage for me it feels like you are battling other players and also battling against the developer updates due to how much damage they can cause to your deck lol.

Top Bottom