[WIP] Witcher 3 Mod Merger

+
[WIP] Witcher 3 Mod Merger

A simple tool which can help you to merge your mods and avoid infamous "Mods limit". If you don't know what the hell is the mods limit it means that you do not need this tool :)

Requirements:
  • 64-bit OS

Workflow:
  1. Uncooking via wcc all "uncookable" mods (uncookable mod = has texture.cache and bundle files)
  2. Deleting all unnecessary raw images (*.tga by default)
  3. Cooking all uncooked files (wcc)
  4. Unpacking all files except *.xbm (which have been already prepared while 1st and 3rd step) from all "mergeable" mods into the Cooked folder (mergeable mod = has bundle files)
  5. Texture cache building (wcc)
  6. Packing (wcc)
  7. metadata.store creation (wcc)
  8. Deleting all unpacked resource files from working folders (optional)
  9. Mod installation (optional)

Some important notes:

• Merging can take up to 10-20 minutes so please be patient.
  • Unpacking (step 4) can freeze merger GUI a bit, just wait.
  • Some mods can not be uncooked/merged so pay attention to wcc log while your first time merging and notice what mods throw a lot of uncooking errors.
  • All files from merged mods will be renamed to <filename-merged> but still kept in your Mods folder so you MUST Unmerge all before installing/uninstalling/updating your mods.
  • Mods order in the list affects merging process only but not the load order itself.
  • Sometimes you can see "Process errror: X" message - it means that wcc_lite.exe crashed for whatever reason while uncooking a certain mod. You can wait for the whole process completion or close Merger, kill wcc_lite.exe in TaskManager and try again with different mods order. I have no freaking idea what causes that crashes (moon phase maybe?)

I have also added simple conflicts detector feature which can help you adjust the merging order on the fly, just use up/down buttons or drag&drop (lower position in the list means higher priority).

Download from Nexus

Attachments

• w3mm.png
    w3mm.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 915
  • w3mm-conflicts.png
    w3mm-conflicts.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:
This is awesome. I am waiting for the "final patch" of this game and maybe some modders will start feeling bother to mod this game since it is finalized and stable.

When I select the path of my mods folder, the program doesn't show me the mods in the folder.

What mods do you have in your mods folder? Maybe they are not mergeable? And it checks actually if the folder path ends with "Mods" (not "mods", I'll fix this case sensitivity)

Last edited:
Works with "Mods", thanks.

What means this error :

[2016.08.25 22:15:14][Error][Engine] Unable to open collision cache file. No collision cache data will be accessed. [2016.08.25 22:15:14][Error][Engine] Failed to create collision cache 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\r4data\collision.cache'

It's important or it doesn't affect the merger?

Last edited:
Thank you. Finally I can use every texture mod I would like to without having to deal with that annoying limit.

Mods with XML files seem to have trouble being merged,but I believe I have found a way around.I'll try to see exactly what I have done.

Mods with XML files seem to have trouble being merged,but I believe I have found a way around.I'll try to see exactly what I have done.
I do not recommend merge such mods because this way won't let you handle all possible conflicts. If you really want to do this (it might make sense if mod contains some other resources too), check and merge all conflicts with Script Merger at first.

Last edited:
I do not recommend merge such mods because this way won't let you handle all possible conflicts. If you really want to do this (it might make sense if mod contains some other resources too), check and merge all conflicts with Script Merger at first.
By using the Script Merger,would they count towards the mod limit?
Another thing I wanted to say is,I managed to merge some mods that have trouble being uncooked with WCC.RIght now,I'm trying to see if everything is working fine.No merging problems so far.

I'm going to try to use this! I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff like wcc lite and whatnot. If I run into trouble can I have an epic casul instruction manual DJ? This is awesome! Great work man.

Top Bottom