Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they put some sort of low resolution reflection of dynamic objects on puddles or still water (not flowing water e.g river/lake/sea) cause at the moment it looks like just a low resolution static reflection of static objects (e.g buildings ). it's odd to see it on the ground especially when a child is a apparently playing in the water (when the water looks like a blank texture) , it doesn't look right and makes the world feel artificial. I understand that a full resolution real time reflection would be extremely difficult in terms of allowing any kind of decent frame rate especially since you have to render the entire world in a different perspective . but i hope they can patch something in.

Also I like the colour grading on the water(e.g low level water is see through and deeper water is a darker blue) except in swamp area's where the water really shouldn't be transparent instead highly reflective and muddy looking like seen in the 35 min demo in 2014.

idnt they give us 2013 graphics now that they shown that they can give 2014"
its a never ending circle xD

They could do 2014 graphics let's say this year, but then a couple years from now do a graphic reboot of it themselves with 2013 LOD and get even more cash.

I personally saw only a couple shots from 2013 and wasn't that impressed. I was mainly anticipating Sword OF Destiny trailer+35 min gameplay footage level of detail.

Last edited:
-- deleted post --

Not really , since 2014 is definitely way better looking than what we currently have now , if they really wanted the 2013 look , they can just use the SweetFX for the colour scheme and turn up the sharpening way up.

You do realise that some people like the atmosphere of the 2013, but everyone can agree that the 2014 has more effects , better lighting , meshes , textures , draw distance etc.

---------- Updated at 07:33 AM ----------

They could do 2014 graphics let's say this year, but then a couple years from now do a graphic reboot of it themselves with 2013 LOD and get even more cash.

I personally saw only a couple shots from 2013 and wasn't that impressed. I was mainly anticipation Sword OF Destiny trailer+35 min gameplay footage level of detail.

People like the 'Cold' Look of the 2013 trailer and that one opening shot of the Debut trailer where the lighting on the landscape is incredible .

Last edited by a moderator:
People like the 'Cold' Look of the 2013 trailer and that one opening shot of the Debut trailer where the lighting on the landscape is incredible .

Can you link me that 2013 trailer, please. I only found 1-minute VGX demo which is basically The Wild Hunt sequence in the burning village from SOD trailed and then fast paced montage of sequences.

If the game ever gets that quality, I'll re-order it.

Same , I'll probably buy it again , CD Projekt if you are listening , bring back 2014 35minute gameplay demo at least.

You have my word that you'll see an extra $50 spent on my GoG account on this game , heck I might even buy the game and gift it to friends.

---------- Updated at 09:23 AM ----------

Only if CDPR would make a PC only Version of it and that will never happen.

Patch the game , its our only hope . Otherwise I'll be super depressed till MGS V comes out.

Same , I'll probably buy it again , CD Projekt if you are listening , bring back 2014 35minute gameplay demo at least.

You have my word that you'll see an extra $50 spent on my GoG account on this game , heck I might even buy the game and gift it to friends.

don't also forget the need of getting REDkit 2 as soon possible, and have it be as extensive as TES modding tools, if not more. -wink wink- CDPR ;) :kiss:

Then they have lost me as a fan forever.
Not that they would care, but still....They'd lose a, previously, very loyal fan.

CDPR reached a certain mainstream AAA Level with Witcher 3 now.
We all know what happens with companies after that Point...

I would have to upgrade my pc in order to run that .... and currently I have gtx 980 Sli

I'd just run it at 1080p , currently running SLI 980s also but the game at 4k.

Upgrade when Pascal or whatever the newest AMD thing comes out in 2 years . High Memory Bandwidth will be the standard.

I'd just run it at 1080p , currently running SLI 980s also but the game at 4k.

Upgrade when Pascal or whatever the newest AMD thing comes out in 2 years . High Memory Bandwidth will be the standard.

You running 4k @ 60fps? .... I get around 45-50 Fps on 4k with my 980 sli .. Hairworks = off

don't also forget the need of getting REDkit 2 as soon possible, and have it be as extensive as TES modding tools, if not more. -wink wink- CDPR ;) :kiss:

They're actually focusing on the DLC and expansions first so we probably won't see the redkit until next year. We've been juked.

-- Deleted post --

I already Bought the game twice , the Collector's Editon and the GoG version , so saying that I'm not supporting CD Projekt Red is insulting.

I'm the type of gamer who like pretty things and a great story+gameplay . Those aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom