Witcher 3- next gen update going to Origin by EA?

+
They're looking into it. It's just matter of time I guess. just be a little patient ;)
Easy solution, make it so we can claim the game on GoG if we link our EA account to GoG Galaxy(they did that back in 2020), then we just play on GoG and be done with EA and their lack of customer service.

Easy solution, make it so we can claim the game on GoG if we link our EA account to GoG Galaxy(they did that back in 2020), then we just play on GoG and be done with EA and their lack of customer service.
Don't say that to me, I'm just a player like you. I don't know what kind of agreement there is between CDPR/GOG and EA. But I'm sure, those who bought the game on Origins, will be able to update their game (for free).
A little late, sadly (but better later than never).

Guest 2066821

I'm so sick of EA's BS. I understand it is up to the publisher but with the posts/replies I've seen from EA staff in response to us needing help and/or answers to this have just been rude and/or not helpful. I think out of the hundreds or posts and stuff I saw about this I think I saw 1 that stated they will look into this and then was followed up with contact CDPR. All others were like buy the game on Steam or GOG and other unhelpful things. I'm sorry telling someone to do that is just stupid. I as many others have had paid full price for the game and DLC's. which would be close to if not over $100 if memory serves. I'm not mad at CDPR at all in this. Yes it sucks I can't check out the new update but I'm mad at how EA is handling this.

TBA I really don't want to deal with them anymore and I hope a fix for this would be for CDPR to give people who purchased this through Original a copy through Steam or GOG.

Don't say that to me, I'm just a player like you. I don't know what kind of agreement there is between CDPR/GOG and EA. But I'm sure, those who bought the game on Origins, will be able to update their game (for free).
A little late, sadly (but better later than never).
I was talking about them giving us a free copy on GoG, to compensate us for Origin/EA not providing the update. I wasn't suggesting we BUY a new copy.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but...
CDPR says, "Here is the list of reported problems that we're currently investigating:"
  • Players who own the game on Origin are unable to update the game
It shouldn't be that hard to figure it out and give us an update (as in statement on what is going on). I would hardly describe this as a "bug".

Last edited:
It's a problem that could use an official follow-up statement. ;)
If you ask me, we will never know what happened and why... just when it will be fixed/resolved :)
(EA who didn't want to host the update on their servers kwoning that the game is no longer available on their store, CDPR who just forget Origins when pushing the update,...)

If you ask me, we will never know what happened and why... just when it will be fixed/resolved :)
(EA who didn't want to host the update on their servers kwoning that the game is no longer available on their store, CDPR who just forget Origins when pushing the update,...)
I figure EA is the problem in this situation once they discontinued non EA games. Just wish some communication was made to let us (owners of it on Origin) know.

I figure EA is the problem in this situation once they discontinued non EA games. Just wish some communication was made to let us (owners of it on Origin) know.
"Let us know" means to point out the issue and also point out the culprit. Something which rarely happen and both parties probably doesn't want anyway (everything will be resolved "behind closed doors", I'm sure). I have no doubt it will be fixed, just matter of days, weeks at worst.

On facebook of ,the witcher ,they say that update is released for origin as well, but I still don't see any update on my end. Can you guys check?

On facebook of ,the witcher ,they say that update is released for origin as well, but I still don't see any update on my end. Can you guys check?
I just opened Origin and got this:

1671468178092.png

It works :) I launched EA app Witcher by "run as Administrator", then CDPR launcher window popped up and from there game is in 4.0.0. version. Did new quest and even created new Wolf school armour already :) . In EA app however it still showing "update available" and play button is not there, but who cares. Good luck to you guys, I think post to be closed.

Top Bottom