Witcher 3 PC version crossbow and bombs not working.

+
Witcher 3 PC version crossbow and bombs not working.

Hi everyone,

So after leaving the tutorial area and traveling to Velen I can not get my crossbow or bombs to work. As in I can't aim them or throw them in or out of combat. I have tried rebinding keys, reloading the game, equipping different items, selecting them etc. Has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

Same happened to me. The problem was that selected quick slot was an empty one (dont know why, Witcher 3 do some things by itself ), check it out with the quick slot menu (tab). Hope it helps!

I have the same problem, the items are equipped, you can see it on the screenshots below.
A crossbow, two bombs and a torch are equipped but they are not usable, they can not be selected - they are grey in the Quick Access menu (TAB)
Only one slot is usable - the right side one, the bomb equipped in it is colored and be selected.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446718118
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=446718149

Checking files integrity in Steam didn't fix it.
Reloading saves, removing items did nothing.
Win 8.1 64
Intel i5 4790K@stock
MSI GTX770
16GB RAM

I'm on PS4 and I'm having the same issue. My crossbow is equipped, but I can't do a thing with it. It happened right after I cleared the "kiddy pool"; aka, the tutorial area.

I'm dumb. Go to your signs menu and select it from there.
it doesnt just auto select the right one for you guys, use quick selection menuu. Highlight the bomb or crossbow and click. Then use middle mouse button to shoot/throw it. check the tutorials before coming to the forums. if its still an issue. Then make a post

it doesnt just auto select the right one for you guys, use quick selection menuu. Highlight the bomb or crossbow and click. Then use middle mouse button to shoot/throw it. check the tutorials before coming to the forums. if its still an issue. Then make a post
I can not highlight crossbow or torch or second bomb. They are not selected, they are grey. See the screenshots. I will probably record a video.

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

Here is the video of the issue, see how the items pop up in the quick access menu and then can't be selected, the selecting "beam" is grey.

finally found out how to use cross bow,1. after u get the cross bow, go to weapon crafting npc to crafting a crossbow bolt, mean arrows n equip it,. 2. as default hold tab to select crossbow. 3 use - " use quick access item key" for draw ur crossbow to use it ....! hope it help u guys ^^

---------- Updated at 06:05 PM ----------

finally found out how to use cross bow,1. after u get the cross bow, go to weapon crafting npc to crafting a crossbow bolt, mean arrows n equip it,. 2. as default hold tab to select crossbow. 3 use - " use quick access item key" for draw ur crossbow to use it ....! hope it help u guys ^^
You even don't need to craft bolts, you have unlimited number of basic bolts available.

Crossbow quit working after gettjng my gear back. but opening the QUICKACCESS menu ( HOLD TAB key) and clicking the crossbow fixed it for me.

Top Bottom