Witcher - the movie - details released

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually these short stories are the best to make a single movie because they are barely plot-tied with the others. Only the two of them. As I said some time ago.

Yes, but aren't they a bit...short for a movie? I mean "The Witcher" can't be possibly longer than 20 minutes. And there's not a lot of happening in "The Lesser Evil". Just some conversations with a short fight scene in the end. I don't know if those stories are particularly strong to hold a whole movie, unless they're gonna change and add some stuff (which I don't want them to).

Yes, but aren't they a bit...short for a movie? I mean "The Witcher" can't be possibly longer than 20 minutes. And there's not a lot of happening in "The Lesser Evil". Just some conversations with a short fight scene in the end. I don't know if those stories are particularly strong to hold a whole movie, unless they're gonna change and add some stuff (which I don't want them to).
Well not exactly. Both "conversations" have flashbacks with fights, then, there's the whole Black Sun story in "The Lesser Evil". Plus, they can add the scene with Geralt fighting the monster before going to Blaviken. Lots of opportunities.

But then anyway I'd not want a Witcher movie to be based only on fights every 30 seconds, then why make one. :p

But then anyway I'd not want a Witcher movie to be based only on fights every 30 seconds, then why make one. :p

Me neither. That's why I'm afraid that they're gonna add unnessessary stuff into this like additional fight scenes to fill in the free space :hope:

they could take (all)some advices and ideas from cd projekt red
and from us, in this forum "suggestions for the movie" thread

I think it's important to note that the press release says the movie is to follow the "themes" from those short stories - meaning it's doubtful they'll be sticking to their plot rigorously (if at all). I'd expect something similar to "The Price of Neutrality" adventure that came with the EE of TW1 - a story based on the themes from "Lesser Evil" but not following the same plot.

Repeat after me:
It's going to be terrible.
I can't even look at my own children.
This is an awful adaptation.
God Sapkowski has dug his own grave
Just so he can turn in it
Drink whenever Geralt flourishes his hair
Drink when there's a deviation from the plot
Drink when you're sad that this monstrousity is real
Now cry yourself to sleep.

You probably feel thoroughly prepared for whatever's to come now. May this anthem stay with you until 2017 and beyond, dear people.

I just looked at the screenplayer IMDB page...hmm http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0820692/ hmm

It's going to be terrible. :horse:

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "The Little Mermaid" writer writing the script scares me a little...

Last edited:
God Sapkowski has dug his own grave
Just so he can turn in it

Yes, but aren't they a bit...short for a movie? I mean "The Witcher" can't be possibly longer than 20 minutes.
Remember The Witcher 1 intro? It's based only on preparations and fight with the striga and it 's 7 minutes long. They can throw much more into the story than you think. It's called film adaptation for a reason.

they could take (all)some advices and ideas from cd projekt red
Why should they? CDPR doesn't have a monopoly for The Witcher. The Reds created own interpretation of the Witcherland, but it isn't one true vision for everybody. And that's great. Variety FTW.

and from us, in this forum "suggestions for the movie" thread
Hehe, that's a good joke. Tomek Bagiński is a great fan of Sapkowski's books and very experienced professional filmmaker just like his company Platige Image. He won't authorize crap, he remembers case of Polish movie very well.

Last edited:
The Mummy, Grimm, Buffy... this certainly has the potential to become trashy and quite horrible.

Not to mention "from the producers who gave us the remake of Ben Hur," another trash film to add to the heap of anachronistic, historically inaccurate sword and sandal epics that Hollywood has been pumping out since the start of the Cold War. I have zero hope for this movie. I think Guillermo del Toro or someone similar would be needed to do the Witcher franchise justice - someone with a knack for depicting the monstrous and grotesque.

I just saw an article on polygon (of all places) about a witcher movie. I guess it's a good a time as any to come back to the forums (after a year?) and hopefully keep following the movie.

I don't get why people say the movie is going to be crap, the ony things I've seen from Platige Image are great works. I'm confident. (can't be worse then the polish tv show.)

Many interviews with him. He has great respect for the books and for the author, but he likes fantastyka in general. E.g. Cathedral - his short animation nominated for Oscar - was based on sci-fi short story written by Jacek Dukaj.

If you don't speak Polish, just watch The Witcher 1 intro. It couldn't be directed by a guy, who isn't a fan of The Witcher universe. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom