Xbox x autosave and checkpoint accumulation

+
Got stopped during playing the game on Xbox series x with a error message saying my Xbox has no more room to save. I check the saves and every single autosave and checkpoint from the 14/12 is there. Hundreds. I'm trying to delete them manually but it's going to happen again if I don't figure something out. Used to be they'd auto delete so there were only 2 or 3 of each at any one time. Anyone know what to do about it?

Got stopped during playing the game on Xbox series x with a error message saying my Xbox has no more room to save. I check the saves and every single autosave and checkpoint from the 14/12 is there. Hundreds. I'm trying to delete them manually but it's going to happen again if I don't figure something out. Used to be they'd auto delete so there were only 2 or 3 of each at any one time. Anyone know what to do about it?
Does not happen for me on Series X. But I started a fresh new playthrough with no saves at all (let the xbox live be synched)
I suggest to delete them all and just keep few manual saves (then play few hours and check if it's the same).

Do manual saves upload to the cloud? I'd be pretty bummed if I deleted the save data on the console and couldn't retrieve anything after. I've just killed Willy jnr, don't feel like starting from scratch

Do manual saves upload to the cloud? I'd be pretty bummed if I deleted the save data on the console and couldn't retrieve anything after. I've just killed Willy jnr, don't feel like starting from scratch
In theory all of them :)
As far as I know, when I click on "unsinstall everything" on a game to freeing space on the SSD (on Xbox managing tab), if I reinstall the game later, all saves (manuals/auto) and settings are installed from the cloud too. Like if I never unsinstalled the game.

But in your case, delete the saves from the game menu, just keep few manual saves (like 5-10 at max) and delete the rest (just to not lose your progression). When your save tab is "clean" (only contain the manual saves that you want to keep), quit the game and wait few minutes on the Xbox home screen, to let the Xbox Cloud synching with the console. Then return back to the game.

Here my save tab :
2 auto-saves, 3 check points (auto) and my main manual save.
I never deleted any auto saves nor check point saves. The only saves that I delete, it's the ones that I create during quests (personal check points), if something going wrong :)
29-12-2022_05-34-42-bpvcbvne.jpg

Last edited:
In theory all of them :)
As far as I know, when I click on "unsinstall everything" on a game to freeing space on the SSD (on Xbox managing tab), if I reinstall the game later, all saves (manuals/auto) and settings are installed from the cloud too. Like if I never unsinstalled the game.

But in your case, delete the saves from the game menu, just keep few manual saves (like 5-10 at max) and delete the rest (just to not lose your progression). When your save tab is "clean" (only contain the manual saves that you want to keep), quit the game and wait few minutes on the Xbox home screen, to let the Xbox Cloud synching with the console. Then return back to the game.

Here my save tab :
2 auto-saves, 3 check points (auto) and my main manual save.
I never deleted any auto saves nor check point saves. The only saves that I delete, it's the ones that I create during quests (personal check points), if something going wrong :)
View attachment 11338858
Post automatically merged:

FIX - Looks like the problem comes from older saves on an older version of the game. You need to get all of your saves to V 4.00 - if you want to keep old manual save slots pre-next gen update, load them up and they’ll automatically update to v4. To fix mine, I (painfully) manually deleted all checkpoint saves and old Manual save slots apart from my most recent Manual save and I’m back to 3 checkpoints and 2 auto saves.
To be clear, you don’t have to delete old save slots from before the update, just update them to v4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom