XP Bug: mod fixes it?

+
New Mod that fixes the EXP bug!

Saw a new mod on Nexusmods site that fixes the EXP bug. Going by the image, every quest now gives fixed EXP regardless of the player level or quest level. Anyone tried it yet?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

I also posted this in the mods thread, but it may get overlooked there. Mods, feel free to delete this thread if you deem this unnecessary.

It's doing more than just fixing, it's changing the nature of the game. So anyone using it long-term needs to be aware of the potential downside of becoming over-levelled.

But it's also a way of recovering from any lost XP people may have because of the bug. So player choice, as always :)

I'm leaving this as a separate thread for now, because this is a "hot topic" and may get missed in the Mods thread. It'll probably get locked later though, once the bug is resolved.

Guest 3825552

Honestly if a player spends the time doing all the smaller quests and taking on enemy and just happens to be a higher level then enemy at the end. I don't see the issue, its kinda a reward for exploration Vs just staying on the quest line ignoring everything else?

Also if you play on Death March, being a few levels above enemies doesn't always mean it will be a push over to fight them. If they wanted the ending to be at a certain difficulty then they should have dynamically changed the enemy levels at those points instead of forcing players to play the game and get no XP reward to unlock equipment and skill sets.

You will overshoot. Even if you know the very best quest pattern. the higher quest levels are like 30. so you can't get higher then 35 on quests alone. you will get a few lvls from killing monsters but thats it. and that is the way CDPR wanted it to be for future expansions. So have fun having pretty much a godmode hack on when you play those expansions as a level 70 witcher XD

Or, you can install this mod for doing green quests and uninstall it when doing grayed out ones. It's as simple as that.

And as I'll start a fresh playthrough for expansions anyway, I'd rather prefer to be able to play my first playthrough right now with the mod.

You will overshoot. Even if you know the very best quest pattern. the higher quest levels are like 30. so you can't get higher then 35 on quests alone. you will get a few lvls from killing monsters but thats it. and that is the way CDPR wanted it to be for future expansions. So have fun having pretty much a godmode hack on when you play those expansions as a level 70 witcher XD

To be fair Geralt is supposed to be one of the best, but yeah it will be easy.

Or, you can install this mod for doing green quests and uninstall it when doing grayed out ones. It's as simple as that.

And as I'll start a fresh playthrough for expansions anyway, I'd rather prefer to be able to play my first playthrough right now with the mod.

Yeah sounds simple. Oh a grey quest. let me close the game and uninstall the mod. Ok done let's now load the game up and wait for the loading screen.

Oh look a green quest. let me....

Yeah really damn simple. It's so simple it's not worht the hassle. I would rather just look up how much XP I'm supposed to get and add it trough console.

I tired this... I just have feeling I'm getting more XP (from green quests), then I'm supposed to. Maybe that's not the case but come on, like two levels just from completing Lord of Undvik and Kings Gambit, that seems a little bit too much.

Yeah sounds simple. Oh a grey quest. let me close the game and uninstall the mod. Ok done let's now load the game up and wait for the loading screen.

Oh look a green quest. let me....

Yeah really damn simple. It's so simple it's not worht the hassle. I would rather just look up how much XP I'm supposed to get and add it trough console.

Or, you know, do some grey quests, then uninstall the mod, and then do some green ones, rather than doing one grey and one green. It's not as if installing and uninstalling the mod is really complex. Some people are too lazy, I guess.

I'd rather use the mod than stop playing completely.

Or, you know, do some grey quests, then uninstall the mod, and then do some green ones, rather than doing one grey and one green. It's not as if installing and uninstalling the mod is really complex. Some people are too lazy, I guess.

I'd rather use the mod than stop playing completely.

What I was trying to say, is that the console is still a more convenient way

It's doing more than just fixing, it's changing the nature of the game. So anyone using it long-term needs to be aware of the potential downside of becoming over-levelled.

But it's also a way of recovering from any lost XP people may have because of the bug. So player choice, as always :)

I'm leaving this as a separate thread for now, because this is a "hot topic" and may get missed in the Mods thread. It'll probably get locked later though, once the bug is resolved.

You still get overleveled if you do all side quests without this mod my first play my end level was 36 i did majority of side activities but far from all.

Bummed us on console are stuck waiting probably 2 more weeks for this to hit our systems. They really should have just done a hotfix for this issue instead of bundling it with 1.05/1.05

What I was trying to say, is that the console is still a more convenient way

not really, no.
I'd rather have this mod than have to play with a list of how much XP each quest gives and adding them manually each time.

Also, personally I think the "grey quests don't give XP" is poor game design anyway outside of an MMO, so I don't really mind. And since there's a finite number of quests, I don't really see how overlevelling could become much of a problem later on, since with this mod it's just like if you would do all the quests at the "right" time (when they're in your level area). The way I see it, thanks to the grey quest system there would actually be more of a danger of being underlevelled at some point, if you do the quests in a "bad" order, because then you would miss out on a lot of quest XP you can't make up for.

Nah, I think no matter what you do and in what order you complete the quests, you're always going to end up with bunch of grey ones. There are just too much of them and they give quite a lot of XP while still green.

It's not a poor game design. You can't design the game around the fact that people are going to complete every side quest there is. Most people won't do that. And you can't just keep giving people tons of XP everywhere either. That makes the game boring. Like, what good does it do that I'm level 40 when the main quest is level 28 and importantly, the best gear is for level 36(or something like that)? It would end up like Kingdoms of Amalur, I did every single quest there and ended up soo much over leveled it wasn't even funny. Even now, there is just so much XP everywhere. Like if you lose a fistfight you'll get 40 XP, and I didn't even wanted to do this but I ended up getting like 1000 XP just 'cause I'm bad at them.

I personally think that the best solution to this would be to just remove XP from killing monsters and hard cap the max level at 36 and raise it to a 46 when the expansions come out, but that's just me.

Last edited:
This mod has been working fine for me for 2 days now no issues. The author even updated the files to add the 20% more exp that was missing people were complaining about. There's even a uninstall file he included for people worried about conflicts with newer patches.

Guys, are you still getting achievments after applying the fix? Can someone confirm that?

I don't see the issue,
Neither do I.

I installed and re-started on Death March now that I finished game :D Rather get too much XP at start and have more grays once patch comes out than hit glitch and suffer :p I guess I could wait to see if I get glitch but meh..

Okay now I am level 1 what can i do with no skills? hmmm... So close to leveling before having to quit...

Guys, are you still getting achievments after applying the fix? Can someone confirm that?

Yes I still got achievement but that said I'm getting those through GOG Galaxy and can't be sure if Steam/Origin would be any different.

Top Bottom