Yenn - Invocation needs a nerf

+
Absolutely not what I was talking about, please stop trolling.
Listen, if this sentence isn't trolling:
Not at all. Invoing a Simlas, Auberon, Savolla, Vernossiel or Fucusya almost never makes sense.
Mine isn't trolling either. Actually, mine might not be trolling regardless :D The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I'm not gonna cherrypick certain cards to make a point here, i just think Yenvo is cheap for what it can do unconditionally. If it would target units with status like Vincent, i think the low provisions would be more acceptable.

Well cyrus is a must stop card, and if you dont have a 4p removel you will problably use yeno on it.

With joacquim in will play for 3 (body remove) + 3 (body on your side) + 8 (joacquim boost) + 6 (tokens created) - 4 (joacquim body in other side) - total of 16 points.

But you get 4 coins, if you use it its a total of 20 points. If you have one or two bronze firesworns in your gy you can spend with cyrus.

So 16 points + 4 coins for 19 provision. Its not that much, but still worth it. And, of course, you will remove the opponetn cyrus and stop it grows.
If you are not using with joachim and using in later rounds its only cyrus playing for 9 points + 4 coins (in the same range i said about the other cards betwen 9-12 points).

Tinboy. Well, tinboy its too situational too, buuut.

With joacquim in will play for 4 (body remove) + 4 (body on your side) + 8 (joacquim boost) - 4 (joacquim body in other side) - total of 12 points.

If your opponent has 3/4 units in a row its a total off 18-20 points. Its not that dificult.

Again, playing it in the next round its 4 points plus 6/8 points damage, getting the 10-12 points the other cards i said. And lets be honest, its not that dificult to use him in a row with 3/4 cards, unless its a short round.

But one more time, all of this its situational as the same its situational for the payer who plays it. If the guy who stole tinby its situational, the same goes for the guy who played it.

And, again, all those cards has a value betwen 9-12 points, and can be even more
But do you see? There's almost no situation where these cards are anywhere near broken. 18-20 points for 19 provisions is solid, but nothing special. We can also add some (potential) Assimilate value. This would roughly make it 22 points.
Post automatically merged:

Listen, if this sentence isn't trolling:

Mine isn't trolling either. Actually, mine might not be trolling regardless :D The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.
If you really think taking something like a 2 points Simlas away and playing him with Joachim into what, double Diplomacy or Joust, is truly broken, then I'm speechless.

I think too,
I'm not gonna cherrypick certain cards to make a point here, i just think Yenvo is cheap for what it can do unconditionally. If it would target units with status like Vincent, i think the low provisions would be more acceptable.
I think yenvo, sould have a limit like, it cannot take a unit that cost more than 9 provision, the reason why NG assimilation deck is one of the strongest is because it can create or steal cards that cost more than the card that allowed to create it, it ok for artraud terranova he is expensive enough, ok for coup de grace too, birble ok too because it based on luck, but yenvo is too strong for her cost, there is nothing worse than a boosted mélusine get yenvo
I think also Fucusya sould be able to create a new card from the main deck Because many skellige decks are focused on the same card like mélusine or crach that would bring back skellige in the game Because it getting less used this season

I think yenvo, sould have a limit like, it cannot take a unit that cost more than 9 provision
But then nobody would use it. Remember that it also thickens the deck, so whatever you put on top of your deck goes in place of another card you could have had. If it had that limit it just becomes a worse Heatwave. And neutrals are already way more powerful than faction equivalents. Obviously certain cards and deploy effects that make it worth more than Heatwave, like taking a frightener or a boosted Speartip, but there are plenty of other cards that it would backfire on. It plays like a heatwave but can either play for more if you get a good card or worse if you Yenvo a card that has been boosted, since then you’re top-decking something worthless to you that has no synergy or has low base power. For example using Yenvo on a boosted Fleder or King of Beggars (in round 1 or 2). It’s just a worse heatwave since then you’re thickening your deck with bad cards

I think also Fucusya sould be able to create a new card from the main deck Because many skellige decks are focused on the same card like mélusine or crach that would bring back skellige in the game Because it getting less used this season
Skellige is busted because of the carry over Melusine creates. Carry over is already oppressive enough. I don’t know what you mean. There are 3 meta Skellige decks. That’s more than any other faction. Skellige is all over the ladder. Cards like Heatwave and Yenvo wouldn’t be seen nearly as much if there weren’t so many busted answer-or-lose cards in the game like Melusine. Punishing Melusine players by using Yenvo is fair. You build up extreme carry over and you risk having it work against you.

Last edited:
Yennefer_s_Invocation(1).png

Top Bottom