"Yet the past remains the key to the future ..." (Spoiler)

+
"Yet the past remains the key to the future ..." (Spoiler)

This small quote from the ending of the game, after the outro. Is this a reference to something that have happened in the books/witcher 1? A prophecy, an incident, perhaps it is referring to the Battle of Brenna? What do you guys think?

Or it's just a fancy way to say "If I regain my memory I'll certainly know what do in the upcoming events."

I think it is personal and relates to Geralt's past and future. Something in his past, or a memory recovered or not yet recovered, is the key. And it will become important in a world that has become one that is not what we knew.

I'll put out a wild and excessively broad guess that it has to do with his memories, recovered or not, of Yennefer, Ciri, or the Wild Hunt.

What the world that is not what we knew means is anybody's guess. Conquest by Nilfgaard, or the Wild Hunt loose in the world? Ithlinne's prophecy come to pass?

With sources roaming free in the Witcher world both now and in the past, this could be more straightforward than any of us took it to be. I assumed of course that it referred to Ciri and the Hunts pursuit of her bloodline, but it might be that we'll be utterly surprised by something blatantly signposted that we've not figured out as yet. With the quality of CDPR's writers and their plotting I wouldn't be surprised by my surprise, if that makes sense.

All this quote did was make me mad that only two of the books have been translated to English...

jfprovata said:
All this quote did was make me mad that only two of the books have been translated to English...

Officially yes but this thread may prove revealing
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/

Tommy said:
Officially yes but this thread may prove revealing
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/
I could kiss you!

I simply took it to mean that we should look for our decisions in this game to affect TW3. If nothing else, I hope that importing to TW3 has a bigger impact than it did in going from 1 to 2. I suspect it will since there are more decisions that seem like they will have a direct relation to the coming war.

Top Bottom