Your opinion: Alternative look for Triss

+
As has been said already I love the new hair, but loathe the outfit in context with the story. It's as inappropriate as Triss running around throwing fireballs everywhere. She's supposed to be IN HIDING and this screams LOOK AT ME! I'M HERE! LOOK!
There's a certain point in the story that I turned it on because it actually fit in context, but after that, it's off all the way.
Yen's outfit is the same, inappropriate as they come, especially for late game...
I can see and like that they put quite a lot of effort in but Triss's outfit looks to me as if it was made for another, Elven character...
The alternate outfit DLC is so far the ONLY DLC I have turned off, and will stay that way for lore and immersion reasons.

I like it from a design standpoint but it's completely out of character for the game. She's the most wanted person in Novigrad is going to want to blend in, not stick out like a saw thumb.

Alternate looks great but it does not fit into this whole hiding in Novigrad

I agree with this... Triss looks gorgeous but the outfit itself isn't fit for the quests in Novigrad when she was hiding. This outfit is a perfect one in Kaer Mohren though :)

Triss looks lovely, but it's not fitting for a woman in hiding. Also her necklace textures are buggy in the threesome scene, and she's still wearing her base outfit in pre-rendered cutscenes like the KM defense (Yen also, obviously). I'm gonna steer clear of DLC outfits for future playthroughs.

Alternate look Yennefer looks pretty good. Alternate look Triss, not so much. The outfit just doesn't look right, for some reason. The only occasion it even makes sense is at the Vegelbud party, but she's got a better looking gown that she wears for that anyway.

I prefer her Witcher 2 outfit (which is on the floor of her first Novigrad home) mostly due to how she is described at the beginning of Blood of Elves. Her chest is scarred from the Battle of Sodden Hill and she makes a point of thinking how she cannot wear low cut tops. Now whether she glamours in the same way Yenn disguises her former hunched back is never mentioned, but I get the impression that this was not possible.

Seriously, I agree with you: Triss's TW2 outfit was perfect and needed no change, no acceptable retcon explains her unscarred appearance, Triss is emotionally and physically scarred: she is and always will be The Fourteenth of the Hill. Yennefer is capable of disguising her hunchback from everybody except Geralt, a feat (and a limitation) of some importance.

Last edited:
Yennefer's back has been fixed magically when she was little girl by her mentor Tissaia de Vries...

The fix wasn't perfect. Geralt notices the way she moves and concludes that she used to be one.

Yen alters her appearance, the glamour she uses is what smell of lilac and gooseberries. She is over 100 and although mages like long lives, there is not mention to my knowledge whether they physically age. Triss might actually still have her natural unaltered body (I don't think her actual age is ever given, although her waist circumference is). Anyway, scarred bits from Sodden.

Top Bottom