Ciri Should be More Difficult to Kill

+
Ciri Should be More Difficult to Kill

She needs more armor, its breaks my heart to see her die to thunder.
I tried to buff her with Francesca but stiil not enough in this dwarfs meta.
I hate silverspyes and she was good before, now its so weak.

:cirisad:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Changed the title of the thread a little bit to reflect its content better.

The silver spy issue is going to be addressed in the coming patch.

I almost forgot that vanilla Ciri even existed; I thought this thread was talking about Ciri: Nova at first. :)

I suggest nerfing Ciri: Nova to 24 points instead of 25 (kidding, kidding).

Vanilla Ciri should be taken out of the thunder range, be able to be triggered from the graveyard or given the immune tag. I'd be happy for most low strength golds to receive the immune tag to make them playable and less easy to lock/reset (bloody baron). If immune is battlefield only, Cerys also needs it

As for Ciri Nova, she should be given the Truce tag to her ability trigger IMHO.

Last edited:
Immune would be nice. So far my only option is dragoons to buff her. I got a 20point ciri but in round two she got burned by vilgefortz...:cirisad:

Immune against locking is probably enough + more armor or a quen shield.

Devs could aswell give her out as a reward for reaching 30 or 40 level (like in the old days T_T) so she would be seen more, because right now she is just a BIG WASTE OF SCRAPS!!!!

Ciri needs 2 more armor

Right now, she is 6 value with 2 armor. That leaves her in the 8 range. She should have 4 armor instead of 2, so she would be in the 10 range. Since azur thunder does 9 damage and is by far the most popular removal spell being used, I think it reasonable to expect from a gold card that is going to be mulliganed if you drawn her on the last round, or even the second round if you lost the first one, to stay out of azur thunder range so she is really worth the risk and remains a viable choice in the card pool.

Oh, but of course, you can always say "she is intended for arena" and claim she needs no change at all, let people play something else.

I am fine with this.
If she also gets the doomed tag.
No need for another gold that you can strengthen up and get your card advantage at the same time.

No I don't like this suggestion.
I already imagine a lot of games where it gets played as a opening card to get an easy pass or win.

I don't know about two more Armor, but +1 STR to get out of Mandrake she needs for sure. This Silver is just proving, way, way too strong the last metas - it shuts down almost everything - one can make the argument it works better than Scorch.

partci;n10723221 said:
I don't know about two more Armor, but +1 STR to get out of Mandrake she needs for sure. This Silver is just proving, way, way too strong the last metas - it shuts down almost everything - one can make the argument it works better than Scorch.

Let mandrake only be playable on bronze & silver units and problem solved.

epsilon828;n10187312 said:
I almost forgot that vanilla Ciri even existed; I thought this thread was talking about Ciri: Nova at first. :)

I suggest nerfing Ciri: Nova to 24 points instead of 25 (kidding, kidding).

That's what I thought, too.

1990BW;n10724091 said:
Let mandrake only be playable on bronze & silver units and problem solved.
you do realize that the entire reason that mandrake is currently popular is because Sabbath is also currently popular, right?

Void_Singer;n10727481 said:
you do realize that the entire reason that mandrake is currently popular is because Sabbath is also currently popular, right?

It was already popular before Sabbath, they were used on resurrect and return to hand cards like Emhyr, Ciri and Ocvist.

1990BW;n10727561 said:
It was already popular before Sabbath, they were used on resurrect and return to hand cards like Emhyr, Ciri and Ocvist.

Sabbath caused a big uptick in its popularity though.

Either way, restricting what it can target is probably not the direction to go in.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have been saying this for months - Ciri became near useless, when Alzur's Thunder went from 7 to 9 damage, and even more when these Viper Witchers hitting for 10+ damage, which created this stupid removal meta that made locks redundant - "why just stop the unit's effect when you can stop the units effect by killing it?"

Lock should be the only sure counter to Ciri in 1 turn.

DRK3;n10728481 said:
I have been saying this for months - Ciri became near useless, when Alzur's Thunder went from 7 to 9 damage, and even more when these Viper Witchers hitting for 10+ damage, which created this stupid removal meta that made locks redundant - "why just stop the unit's effect when you can stop the units effect by killing it?"

Lock should be the only sure counter to Ciri in 1 turn.

Doesn't that risk making Ciri too powerful, given how game breaking carry over is?

DRK3

Forum veteran
iamthedave You're right, and i see the problems it could cause (which i was considering, from some of the previous posts here). Nowadays, CA is too important, and that leads to coinflip abuse which has become a serious problem in Gwent, in the last 6 months or so, at least from my view.

I guess players started playing in a more 'tryhard' fashion, and interesting cards like Ciri risked becoming too powerful, so they became too weak.

Top Bottom