Bringing back to life The Wild Hunt - Suggestions for new cards and changes

+
HotdogMcG00;n10637861 said:
Back to fixing WH - I think, at the end of the day, weather clear is too easy/potent right now and fixing that will go a long way towards bringing back weather archetypes.

Either we get more playable forsts, or creal skies get a nerf. Besides, once this deck has used most of the frosts in R1 due to clear skies, it runs out of steam to play R2 and R3. As Hellsmoke mentioned, that's also because it lacks of finishers or sort of.

More of that below.

Hellsmoke77

Welcome to the conversation :)
I love the Wild Hunt but I don't see myself playing them until these things get addressed if they ever do get addressed. Don't have many good ideas because I really don't think they will fix it or even agree that it's broken but some of the suggestions by others above sound good

Nice contribution to the matter and support. I'm confident instead they are paying attention to this conversation. Even though Burza himself is a FAN of ST, and it is widely shown by some time on the meta of past months. Yet, I believe they can't just leave on the graveyard an important deck as this one. Why? Oh well, the game of the year was titled "The Wild Hunt" and the last chapter of the trilogy is all about them. I'm sure a lot of player like myself, coming to Gwent, being a fan of the WH, are pretty disappointed in seeing it is one of the worst decks out there (at the moment).

And like you did, It was my first deck where invested all I could in craftings to make it work, to find out later how bad it is at higher ranks. I was about to quit the game after having invested so much in it... Really... If it wasn't for the fact that I'm also fan of the NR (another bad one that need some buffs) IGwent would be into MY graveyard for sure.

I also own almost all monster cards too.

I did come to play Gwent not because I like card games, but only thanks to the Witcher series. That's what the dev team should bear in mind all the time. And be careful not to disappoint the fan base of it.

Let's try to be a bit constructive as we are doing in this conversation, and I think soon or later it will show its fruits.

GenLiu

Vanila Imlerith is a joke, probably among the worst Gold in the game. The funny thing is to compare him with Striga, which is a bad Silver in constructed...He's just 3 points over it and only deals the same damage when the unit is under Frost.
No doubts, he sucks... as much as Nithral.

Definitely, there is need of extensions of card pool at bronzes, silvers, and golds. Aside from the help, that we are trying to offer here, I would expect to see for at least some new cards coming soon and see what adds or cuts to the deck.

Last edited:
Well if Eredin would be so bad streamer Oceanmud wouldn't be able to play in the top 1000 with Eredin and Caranthir. So this is all wrong... We don't need another frost meta or another Axeman meta because it's extremely frustrating for non-weather players and they will leave the game.

soph912;n10646151 said:
Well if Eredin would be so bad streamer Oceanmud wouldn't be able to play in the top 1000 with Eredin and Caranthir. So this is all wrong... We don't need another frost meta or another Axeman meta because it's extremely frustrating for non-weather players and they will leave the game.

Link of this so called "GOD" you speaking of?

soph912
Oh wow, I just did check the ranking charts! The current top 1000 do include players below 4k MMR.

Do you realise what that means?

Last edited:
It means nothing. MMR is just a number which has not much meaning. It is not comparable to ELO in Chess at all. Early in the season numbers are of course relatively low. He has a 60% winrate with (mostly) Eredin.

Last edited:
soph912;n10647161 said:
It means nothing. MMR is just a number which has not much meaning. It is not comparable to ELO in Chess at all. Early in the season numbers are of course relatively low. He has a 60% win rate with (mostly) Eredin.

Oh really? So now math became an opinion? xD

Look, my math says the past season Eredin overall popularity was merely 4% vs 32% of ST. One if not the lowest of the meta.

If you want bring solid statements don't come with a nerd that play with 20 brains advising his moves. Please! He doesn't even know that Freya can't ress the soldiers, so he won by caretaking the bear because he was told to do so! LOL

And the 2 games I watched him winning, besides, both decks were not running Clear skies, LOL. Too easy!

that says long way.

He's surely not a bad player though. But here we must think also of the average joe who's not a streamer.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter whether he has advisers or not (and sometimes those advisers might be wrong too). The fact is: It's possible to maintain a 60% winrate near the top with leader Eredin.

soph912

Look, just for how you introduced your arguments, I think you received enough attention.

We don't need another frost meta or another Axeman meta because it's extremely frustrating for non-weather players and they will leave the game.

Here we are trying to revive archetypes considering not to break it. While your only solution is to kill them. You are in the wrong section.

It does not need any revive. It has overall 5% popularity wich is fine. There are many more unpopular leaders. Your suggestions are just bad.

soph912;n10647681 said:
It does not need any revive. It has overall 5% popularity wich is fine. There are many more unpopular leaders. Your suggestions are just bad.

2.4% even with swing up due to imlerith addition this season. 40.6% win rate.

What game have you been playing these past months dude? Certainly not Gwent. This archetype is dead, as far as I know since Midwinter. And probably earlier too ( i can't know it, I started to play in December). Above R16-17, they were and still are all ST and NG for the majority and some Skellige. Monsters and NR are the 2 factions that have just a couple of viable archetypes and ain't even Tier 1.
Screenshot (28).png.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png.jpg
    Screenshot (28).png.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
soph912;n10646151 said:

Honestly, I don't think weather is that bad. It's so easy to tech against it.
For example, First light is a perfect answer and it's a really good card. Depending on your deck the rally effect is almost as viable as playing the unit itself.

I, myself, never stopped playing weather hate since the quality of those cards are huge compared to others (the concession for playing Mandrake against Sabbath is a lot heavier, for example).

Also, you're talking about a Axeman meta but Axeman has never been stronger since the time it was nerfed (the deck is very strong right now) yet nobody complains or quit the game because of it (in fact if something would cause people to stop the game right now, it's certainly not weather).

Axeman is not that strong. Crach is 10 times more popular for a reason. He is the best leader in the game right now.
Why would you play Harald if you can play the best leader instead with the highest winrate in the game?

Ic3Purple;n10647911 said:
2.4% even with swing up due to imlerith addition this season. 40.6% win rate.

Nope! This is the statistic above 3300. Overall Eredin is more popular, easily 5%.

The leader is not dead. You just have to play a good deck and use moonlight as well and not only frost.

soph912;n10648201 said:
Nope! This is the statistic above 3300. Overall Eredin is more popular, easily 5%.

The leader is not dead. You just have to play a good deck and use moonlight as well and not only frost.

Again, I don't get what game you are playing. But I tell you this being a monster player, DAGON MOONLIGHT > EREDIN MOONLIGHT, easy easy.

The monster archetypes are currently: Consume, Dagon/Hillock Dao, Dagon Moonlight,

And above R18 to R21 you barely see monsters. Past seaons I haven't met a single Eredin's deck on about 400+ games played on the ladder. This one there is a bit because of imlerith, but it's quite desappearing at higher ranks. It is mostly on casual.

Last edited:
Eredin has a 37% winrate against Dagon, one of the absolute worst winrates in the current meta.

The deck's about as dead as a deck can be. The only reason people play him are stubborn people who refuse to switch, or people who just love the WH as a deck/faction.

It's low tempo, low power, has little flexibility, and gets shut down by clear skies, just as a final kick in the nuts.

Honestly i forgot how many times i made this suggestions in different posts and never got an answer from a dev...buuut since the topic is open again,i'll post them again (not all this ideas are mine,these are just the best that stuck with me and i consider worth mentioning).

1.I like the idea of buffing the hounds,while i agree that a 7-8 point is too much,i think a 6 point with 2 armor will do.
2.The damage from frost should carry over to the next lowest unit if it kills a 1 point unit on that row so that we won't lose value (if you have riders then all the damage should carry over,you get the point).
3.Caranthir needs a buff,someone suggested in another topic to make him a 10 and in adition to his current effect to increase that row's frost damage to 3 (like a rider) but your suggestions to include White Frost in his kit instead of that could also work.
4.We need a WH unit that does what a drowner does.No question about that.
5.Navigators should also be able to target units from your hand so that you won't have to risk the unit by placing it on the board and if it gets killed to be left with a dead card.Hell if you find that too powerful make them so that they even reveal the card so that the opponent gets more information as to what cards you have in hand.
6.Imlerith (standard) should be changed to "deal 4 damage to a unit.If that unit was under frost,destroy it".That would make him a good finisher.

That's about all i can remember right now,there are many other card ideas that someone suggested but that was a long time ago and i can't find the topic anymore (or it was closed,not sure).

Welcome @KaynOfNosgoth

GenLiu;n10644891 said:
Vanila Imlerith is a joke, probably among the worst Gold in the game. The funny thing is to compare him with Striga, which is a bad Silver in constructed...He's just 3 points over it and only deals the same damage when the unit is under Frost.

I thought of changes to him based on other ideas mentioned here. Considering that Drakkars ships hardly finds a spot in the deck, currently... What if Imlerith is something like

Imlerith Vanilla: Deal unknown damage(still 4?), if the unit was destroyed, summon a Drakkar Ship from your deck?

It still sucks a bit because you risk to have a imlerith dead if you have drakkar in hand... Plus we already have 6 tutors plus the leader, bricked hds nightmares..... I don't know if SPAWN would be too powerful. Yet it would not give a place to Drakkar in the deck still. Hmm, suggestions are open lol.

To everyone, I did a recap of what has been suggested until here on the first post at the page 1. So, check it out! If I missed something important let me know. :)

Last edited:
Ic3Purple thank you for the welcoming:D

Just one thing,in the first post where you added my suggestion about Caranthir i meant "increase his strenght to 10 and increase the damage of frost on his row to 3" like a Rider.Simply increasing his strenght to 10 wouldn't suffice.

Imlerith should probably be reworked to be an actual finisher (another problem WH decks have). Maybe something like Bloody Baron? +1 any time a unit dies under frost.

I think one unit they need added is a dun banner equivalent; maybe summoned if all three of the enemy rows are under frost.

Well my suggestion for Imlerith standard to destroy a unit under frost would make for a good finisher.And all the other suggestions i made i think would make the WH way more reliable.
I also like your idea for a "create frost" mechanic for hounds.Like you said that would free 3 spots for us and the mulligan won't be as much of a nightmare as it is.

Top Bottom