Who/what is the metallic voice?

+
Who/what is the metallic voice?

Hi folks!

If you bring the blood of the Botchling to the Pellar he will do an augury, at the end of which a metallic voice speaks through him. Who or what do you reckon this is?

In the Blood of Elves a similar voice speaks through Ciri and haunts her dreams, and in The Witcher 1 the same voice speaks through Alvin.

Do you peops have any thoughts? I think it may well be the White Frost itself or whatever causes it. It might also have even originated Ithlinne's Prophecy.

Here is a link to the Pellar's vision, it happens 8 minutes in:
https://youtu.be/0SCZtMvJwVY
​​​​​

The last part "No Anna, no Tamara, just a child..." always sounds like the Baron to me. No idea about the rest of it, though.

Guest 3847602

"The White Frost" in the books is a natural climate change, so we can safely assume it's not what spoke through Ciri.
According to Yennefer (in Blood of Elves), it's the embodiment of Chaos:

“Magic is extending its hand towards you, Ciri. To you, strange girl, Surprise, Child of the Elder Blood, the Blood of Elves. Strange girl, woven into Movement and Change, into Annihilation and Rebirth. Destined and destiny. Magic extends its hand towards you from behind the closed door, towards you, a tiny grain of sand in the workings of the Clock of Fate. Chaos extends its talons towards you, still uncertain if you will be its tool or an obstacle in its design. That which Chaos shows you in your dreams is this very uncertainty. Chaos is afraid of you, Child of Destiny. But it wants you to be the one who feels fear.”
There was a flash of lightning and a long rumble of thunder. Ciri trembled with cold and dread. “Chaos cannot show you what it really is. So it is showing you the future, showing you what is going to happen. It wants you to be afraid of the coming days, so that fear of what is going to happen to you and those closest to you will start to guide you, take you over completely. That is why Chaos is sending you those dreams. Now, you are going to show me what you see in your dreams. And you are going to be frightened. And then you will forget and master your fear. Look at my star, Ciri. Don’t take your eyes from it!”
On the other hand, in TW3 "The White Frost" is something else entirely (I'm not sure even the writers have the clear idea what)
So, it could very well be some white, frosty person, perhaps even with Schwarzenegger's voice. :)

Hi,
it sounds to me like someone talking to Eredin.
Eredin wants to save his world, so he is seeking Ciri.
Maybe he wanted to trade something for his world to be saved ?

Top Bottom