The Witcher Plot: Many Doubts

+
The Witcher Plot: Many Doubts

Hello guys and thank you for your attention! It's great for me to join this community. I recently bought the Witcher Trilogy and so far I'm very happy with it. Last night I finally ended the first game of the series. Overall it was a fantastic experience and I'm very satisfied with it. However In the end I got kind of lost so I want to ask some questions. HOWEVER IT'S VERY IMPORTANT to me not to read spoilers.

First let me share my walkthrough (obviously don't read if you haven't played the game): I decided to help Triss with the labotary, I ended up considering Abigail guilty, I discovered the real culprit in act two without slaying any innocents (Yay!) I joined the elves and fighted for freedon. I gave Alvin to Shani cause Shani rules. I achieved peace between humans and vodyanois. Here it gets complicated. I started filling Alvin head with strange and interesting ideas. I got the feeling that that was going to ve very important in the end. The same I did with my own personality. However when i decided to help the elves again Alvin DISAPEARED! and he never ever came back again except for two seconds in the final ilusion. WTF? And then Jaques of the I don't know what had his neckless but old. So i thought OMG! Is Jaques Alvin of the future? Did he ended up thinking like that because of me? And if not what about the things i told to ALvin and my personality? In the end it seemed like nothing mattered :(

So now i will propetly formulate the questions. But PLEASE I want and answer only if I got a big misunderstanding. If for example the answers of this questions are answered in witcher two then don't answer them please. Or if you consider that instead of answering me you believe it's worth for me to play the game all over again and discover it by myself then please tell me that.

1) Is Jaques Alvin?
2) Did my personality quests and the ideas i filled into alvin head mattered in any way?
3)Is there a way to save Sigfried? I kinda liked the guy and believed it was a pity that I had to kill him :(
4) Will I be able to load my saved game in witcher 2? Will it matter?
5) What did Death wanted o do with Jaques. He told me to give it to him. I didn't understant the difference between saying yes or now. Did that mattered at all? I'm sooo confused.
6)Are there really other endings in this game?

Remember only answer if this questions are not answered in Witcher 2 or if you consider i should play again to figure it out!

Thanks for all I'm waiting for your answers :)

1. All the evidence points to Jacques being Alvin.
2. The only thing that matters about the advice Geralt gave to Alvin is that Jacques throws them back at him.
3. On the Order path, you don't fight Siegfried. On the Neutral path, you can spare Siegfried, but in this case Witcher 2 thinks you killed him.
4. You can, if you load a save from the Ice Plains or the Order cloister (the end of the game). The only one that really matters is whether you took the Order path (so Siegfried is alive and grandmaster.)
5. Nobody really knows what the King of the Wild Hunt wanted with Jacques. My best guess is the Wild Hunt collects the souls of powerful fallen warriors.
6. Three endings, corresponding to the path you chose at the Bank and at Murky Waters.

Thanks for the answers GuyNwah. I'm sad that there was no way to make Alvin sane again :(. Also i started playing Witcher 2 and it's veeeery dissapointing that I'm not with Shani but with Triss considering i sent her to fuck herself in the first game...

One last question. I read on a forum that if you save Thaler in chapter 3 (Which I did) you get to see him at Foltest's casttle... Well i did not found him anywhere. The worst part is that it seems to be one of the few things that are actually considered in Witcher 2... Oh man Where was he?

1. All the evidence points to Jacques being Alvin.
2. The only thing that matters about the advice Geralt gave to Alvin is that Jacques throws them back at him.
3. On the Order path, you don't fight Siegfried. On the Neutral path, you can spare Siegfried, but in this case Witcher 2 thinks you killed him.
4. You can, if you load a save from the Ice Plains or the Order cloister (the end of the game). The only one that really matters is whether you took the Order path (so Siegfried is alive and grandmaster.)
5. Nobody really knows what the King of the Wild Hunt wanted with Jacques. My best guess is the Wild Hunt collects the souls of powerful fallen warriors.
6. Three endings, corresponding to the path you chose at the Bank and at Murky Waters.

Nobody really knows what the King of the Wild Hunt wanted with Jacques. My best guess is the Wild Hunt collects the souls of powerful fallen warriors.

Isn't it because Alvin is a Child of the Elder Blood?

---------- Updated at 02:32 PM ----------

Thanks for the answers GuyNwah. I'm sad that there was no way to make Alvin sane again :(. Also i started playing Witcher 2 and it's veeeery dissapointing that I'm not with Shani but with Triss considering i sent her to fuck herself in the first game...

One last question. I read on a forum that if you save Thaler in chapter 3 (Which I did) you get to see him at Foltest's casttle... Well i did not found him anywhere. The worst part is that it seems to be one of the few things that are actually considered in Witcher 2... Oh man Where was he?

I think that info is wrong. I never met him in the castle.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Moonlightgog - I'm not sure if the OP wants TW3 spoilers or not, but I've added an extra warning just in case.
@Rodri_Arg_Cba - there is a strong indication of the reason why Death wanted Jacques, but this doesn't really come up until TW3. Read that spoiler at your own risk :)

Forum veteran
He's not in the second game, but if you saved him, you'll meet an agent of his in Flotsam who has a message from him.

Thank you very much for all your answers :) I really appreciate the help. I definitely didn't want a Witcher 3 spoiler so thanks for censoring that Dragonbird. So it seems that in the end Thaler does not appear in chapter V. That's a relieve. Now I will continue to enjoy this story. Thanks again to all of you! :D

Top Bottom