FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have motion sickness. Not to the point that it is unbearable but it does take away from my experience in FPP games. CDPR is developing this game for so long and they have stated that the game works better in FPP and i do trust them. I really do.
The Witcher series are amazing games. These people know what they are doing. All i would want is to at least give us the option outside of combat to go to TPP and then move us back to FPP for the combat sections. I am no developer i have no idea how possible this is but i do know that it would be a good middle ground. If it isnt possible then by all means stick with what the developers think is best.
I will still buy the game but if i can think of other FPP games that i have played either them being more straight up shooters like Far Cry or more on the RPG side like Deus EX i - personally - know that it will affect my experience playing them but i will endure it because i have faith in the devs. Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

Can I decide what to do by myself? I think it's my business to dealt with it or not.
Yeah, your choice is to buy the product or not, because the product already has a set path and it took cd devs years and lots of work to get there.
And yes, they just confirmed AGAIN in that interview that the game is first person only, it's set in stone.
You're free to have your opinion but saying you won't buy the game these devs have worked so hard on because of a extremely minor detail that wouldn't work on the first place is another thing.

I totally understand their decision to go first person. However, god damn it this is not what the fans want it. Of course we don't know what process goes into making such a polished game as CD does. I hope the CD looks into it and maybe we can agree on something :/

Guest 4311839

Is sad to see so many people disappointed. And we all have our preferences. I like my melee in 3rd person and shooting guns in first person. Best example from me would be star wars jedi academy. However some people don't like fps some don't like rpg's some don't like fantasy settings its all preferences. Talking about FPP vs TPP is totally subjective. Many had expectations based on past CDPR games which is understandable. But it's new IP, I would have more sympathy for people if we would talk about Witcher 4 being FPP only.

I'm not a game developer but I develop software. You obviously don't know anything about how development works.
Funny because I can make a 1st to 3rd person camera in Unreal 4 in about 30 minutes. Granted Cyberpunk doesn't use UE4 but they are professionals and understand their engine way more than I could hope too. They have stated it's for immersion reason in this thread. I think it's like page 6 or something. It's not a technical reason if they want to they could they are a talented group of developers and I'm sure they have amazing programmers for you to sit here and say it would take them years to do is disrespectful to CDPR honestly.

I totally understand their decision to go first person. However, god damn it this is not what the fans want it. Of course we don't know what process goes into making such a polished game as CD does. I hope the CD looks into it and maybe we can agree on something :/
Speak for yourself, tons of fans want first person me included.
I'd suggest looking into other channels besides this forum where the loud minority gathers, first person is not only not being debated but PREFERRED on the majority of sites
I don't know how this is surprising to anyone given the gameplay, style and what they said before about first person.

Last edited:
Yeah, your choice is to buy the product or not, because the product already has a set path and it took cd devs years and lots of work to get there.
And yes, they just confirmed AGAIN in that interview that the game is first person only, it's set in stone.
You're free to have your opinion but saying you won't buy the game these devs have worked so hard on because of a extremely minor detail that wouldn't work on the first place is another thing.

Never said I won't buy this game. Second, game isn't made yet and we don't know the status of the whole product. And one of the dev was here and said they read all feedback and are aware af this thread.

I do understand why FPP, but as many before me I got too motion sickness, so I'd be really grateful for TPP. However, even if there will be only FPP, I'm going to take motion sickness pills and play it - I did that with Dying Light, Overwatch or Wolfenstein :D

Maybe we wait and see how the actual gameplay is, before everyone loses their mind over the game not being in their preferred perspective. I too am more fond of TPP in a RPG, but i'm fully open to the game being FPP, not only because CDPR made the reasons for their decision very clear, but they are right now the ones who know how this game is played best.

I'd suggest looking into other channels besides this forum where the loud minority gathers, first person is not only not being debated but PREFERRED on the majority of sites.Attach files
I don't know how this is surprising to anyone given the gameplay, style and what they said before about first person.
It is not true...

I'd suggest looking into other channels besides this forum where the loud minority gathers, first person is not only not being debated but PREFERRED on the majority of sites.Attach files

Please speak for yourself too. Don't delude people with terms like "tons of fans" and "other channels".

Did you play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?

I have, it's great. But I would prefer it in first person perspective.. the world would be so much more beautiful and immersive. But, would it be easy for CDPR to add FPP and translate all the combat and animations?

And to people who claim that you can't do good melee combat in FPP, go play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's much better than hack and slash button mashing combat of most TP RPG's..

It seems from the interview that they had some cool ideas for the FPP :
* Vertical city , TPP is not optimal for high sky scrapers and such or closed confines.
* HUD related content including augmented eyes and stuff - they want you to immerse yourself in YOUR augmentations (eye sight probably) , this of course will be less ideal for your body related aug`s , but they have less functional impact if you see them or not , for example if you bought your new top of the line eye aug , in 3rd person it will be the same you would not even notice while in FPP it will show you details on enemies/walls/secret whatever/hacking related stuff/map and what not.
* Shooting - how are you shooting in 3rd person , its way less ideal... ppl who call it a shooter or what not need to take into consideration what this game is about , Witcher had fights , he had his swords , V will have guns (and other stuff).
I would like both just for the sake of variation when walking in the city and stuff , but the gameplay MIGHT be counting on you having certain abilities and ways to interact with the world which are built in within you (as they stated).
In any case I only feel sorry for the ppl with health issues , the one that prefer it i say wait and give it a shot you might be surprised for the better!! if anyone can change your mind on FPPvs TPP (if its not health ) it might be this game!
BTW WHERE IS THAT 50 MIN GAMEPLAY VIDEO!!!!

Man, I literally said that I am not worried for Gun Play but for Melee. Just look at the 2013 trailer, how can a character like that be as enjoyable in first person as in third? I don't think it can.
Wasn't my intention to be in direct conflict with what you said. 8)
I was just sharing my opinion on it.

It seems from the interview that they had some cool ideas for the FPP :
* Vertical city , TPP is not optimal for high sky scrapers and such or closed confines.
* HUD related content including augmented eyes and stuff - they want you to immerse yourself in YOUR augmentations (eye sight probably) , this of course will be less ideal for your body related aug`s , but they have less functional impact if you see them or not , for example if you bought your new top of the line eye aug , in 3rd person it will be the same you would not even notice while in FPP it will show you details on enemies/walls/secret whatever/hacking related stuff/map and what not.
* Shooting - how are you shooting in 3rd person , its way less ideal... ppl who call it a shooter or what not need to take into consideration what this game is about , Witcher had fights , he had his swords , V will have guns (and other stuff).
I would like both just for the sake of variation when walking in the city and stuff , but the gameplay MIGHT be counting on you having certain abilities and ways to interact with the world which are built in within you (as they stated).
In any case I only feel sorry for the ppl with health issues , the one that prefer it i say wait and give it a shot you might be surprised for the better!! if anyone can change your mind on FPPvs TPP (if its not health ) it might be this game!
BTW WHERE IS THAT 50 MIN GAMEPLAY VIDEO!!!!

They don't want to change their mind, they want to make eye contact with their avatar 24/7, because it's the most important, you dum-dum-bun-gum

I just leave it here :whistle:

Many had expectations based on past CDPR games which is understandable. But it's new IP, I would have more sympathy for people if we would talk about Witcher 4 being FPP only.
That's absolutely true, as I said The Witcher made his part in creating my opinion on this one. But still, there are things like secondary activities and melee combat that I can't imagine how possibly can be good in first person perspective.

Maybe we wait and see how the actual gameplay is, before everyone loses their mind over the game not being in their preferred perspective. I too am more fond of TPP in a RPG, but i'm fully open to the game being FPP, not only because CDPR made the reasons for their decision very clear, but they are right now the ones who know how this game is played best.
I am not losing my mind, and as I said my favourite RPGs have first person perspective. The point is not that, the point is Cyberpunk could offer more, in terms of melee combat and secondary activities, which I can't imagine doing well in first person perspective.

Wasn't my intention to be in direct conflict with what you said. 8)
I was just sharing my opinion on it.
Oh I am sorry, misunderstanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom