[UPDATED] Changes to GWENT’s economy and full mill value refund policy

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Here is your genuine answer: There was not an official info what will happen to crafting premiums from starter decks as these cards could not be transmuted at all just they were using only scraps to create.

As a new player with limited amount of resources that was one of my questions I would liked to know to plan my strategy before expected change.
In fact, I asked that question first in Ask A Dev minutes after Bruza replied for a similar question. And then you asked. I specifically asked for new players as I already had full premium collection. But there was no answer. I was afraid that they wouldn't have figured out the solution for starter Deck and asked asking the lines of 'have you guys figured out how to do that'. Bruza replied saying with MP. It was not clear and I followed up asking how exactly. That was the last time dear Bruza replied. Seriously I am disappointed with how CDPR treats us, the loyal players. I am terribly disappointed by this action specifically. Without a new Post or any announcements about update which everyone was expecting, they updated the original post and made that live. We deserve better and we deserve a better treatment than this.

I am not mad because I missed converting. I converted everything on the next day of announcement and even today morning, I opened all the Kegs and extracted as much MP as possible. So, I didn't lose anything in the economy, but a little bit of respect on CDPR because of this execution.

But of course, I will continue playing and enjoying the game, with a little bit of disappointment on CDPR.

Guest 4322057

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just couldn't be bothered.

Sad situation. I read about it on the forums, tried to think of premiums I might want to craft, nothing sparked my feelings...

I wish I could trade my scraps for the time of my life spent on beta Gwent, get back the hundreds of hours playing something that the devs wanted to get rid of.

Anyways, lesson learned: I'm never playing or supporting any beta product ever. Test your own game, waste your own time, spend your own money, and then sell it.

All this free-to-play garbage, community-oriented game development concept is just the ideal setting for devs to disappoint their customers. Same goes for all this crowdfunding stuff that people do nowadays: it's just flop after flop and dashed hopes.

I'd rather pay a monthly subscription and play the Gwent I love, rather than play Homecoming for free and occasionally spend some money on meteorite powder or whatever (hint: not happening).
Well said

Funny how after two years, in a span of a less of a month, CDPR made me lose ALL respect I had for them.

Even after the initial HC76 debacle release, I was willing to give this product a chance. I tried. I forced myself for weeks. But it was stillborn. Than CDPR continued slapping me in the face for my dedication during the two years of testing of a game that is NO MORE, because of them.

This thing with the MP is just the latest insult toward the veteran players. It is absolutely disgusting and disrespectful what they did with the milling of our old collections FOR SCRAPS, while giving us LESS cards to craft after that.

Next step - make scraps be useful to only play in Arena. That should teach us.

Play your game yourselves. You do deserve this.

Funny how after two years, in a span of a less of a month, CDPR made me lose ALL respect I had for them.

There's a competition between Blizzard, Bethesda, EA, CDPR and Valve this fall, didn't you know?

For almost 30 years I was "PC only and forever" guy. A month ago I bought PS4 Pro, because Sony actually cares for their customers.

Ok so they implemented the change, but where's the patch they promised? If there's no patch alongside the changes, why not leave it open for a couple more days. You know people don't generally check gaming websites during the holidays and would've missed this. It's nothing "gamebreaking", but those that actually paid for your game might've missed out on the premiums now.

It's good that they announced it up-front to all the weekly players, but it would've pissed off way less people if they would've waited for the actual patch. But with that being said, people are reacting way too salty here imo. It's just premiums.

Moderator: One post deleted. Regardless of how much you may disapprove of CDPR's decisions, this does not excuse direct insults. Please, keep comments respectful.

There's a competition between Blizzard, Bethesda, EA, CDPR and Valve this fall, didn't you know?

For almost 30 years I was "PC only and forever" guy. A month ago I bought PS4 Pro, because Sony actually cares for their customers.

You lost me on "sony actually cares for their customers". :ROFLMAO:
You mean they care by doing shit like locking peoples accounts so they can't do cross-play?
Doing everything they can to stop cross-play being a thing on the PS4.
Blocking subscriptions such as EA access on the PS4.
Openly coming out against backward compatibility of games.
etc...

That truly is caring about your customers. /s

Since there seems to be a lot of grief regarding the change and people missing out, id recommend rolling back the previous settings giving it another week or so for people to catch up to it.

rrc

Forum veteran
Since there seems to be a lot of grief regarding the change and people missing out, id recommend rolling back the previous settings giving it another week or so for people to catch up to it.
...contd.. and wake up from that fantastic dream and start living the actual life.

Guest 4322057

This should have been rolled out with the patch.

... allready have enough scraps to craft all goldens, so what's the problem?
Nope. ALL of the Golds and Bronzes (plus Silvers) were not implemented with Homecoming76, hence we could not craft them as Premiums, as we had them before through money or grinding, month after month, after month.

To put it simple - we got spat in our faces with this. Mind you, I was one of those that had ZERO problems when they officially announced they'll mill our cards for Scraps with the premise we can craft whatever we want with those scraps, just to pull that back a month later and melt our cards for... well, SCRAPS.

I used so much meteorite power pre homecoming and had almost full premium collection and now because I just hadnt crafted them yet, I no longer cant??! Now just have hundreds of thousands of useless scraps... Tyvm once again with ur great decision making...

On a related side note,

Checked the shop last night on my PS4. Meteorite Powder is half off this weekend.

Picked up 7200 powder for $20 of X-mas gift card money (have to love your family.)

I missed the time between announcement of no more premiums with scraps and it taking effects. Some way for me to use my scraps to get my full premium collection back that I had in pre HC and only had not crafted yet bc I figured I'd craft the cards as I need them.. And now I find myself in a situation where i worked my ass off for 2 years to collect a full premium collection and even spent some real money and instead only have useless scraps now because I got only scraps from all the PREMIUM cards I used to have... I was just starting to enjoy HC gwent and then this happens...

Having just seen this announcement (sorry, but I don't often read the forums and took a hiatus from the game due to life), I now have a monstrous surplus of scraps that are essentially useless. I paid in quite a bit of money to the beta, happy to support it. Like you, I can understand that economy shifts and balances must be made, but to now force our hands yet again (want a premium card... pay for meteorite powder or to the gods of chance from kegs you might pick up), it's execrable nonsense. I, too, had a pretty full premium deck in the beta, waited the extra month on console for Homecoming's release and now this change means a ton of useless scrap shall sit around. CDPR should at least build into their 'economy' the ability to trade scraps for something like powder or, hell, why not spice? I completely agree that this is BS.

this ecnonomy change is just happening now all out of a sudden before they release new cards ? suspicious wont u say.
Post automatically merged:

imagine ppl with a full premium collection in the beta and havent played the HC gwent until now and all their cards got scrapped, well to scraps and now they cant make anything with all those scraps but craft the standard version of the cards they had in premium

First of all I play GWENT since closed beta and had a lot of fun with this game. I supported it with real money just because it deserved it in my opinion. I bought the Thronebreaker and had a lot of fun with it.
Buth this move feels like a cheap scam and slap in the face of old fans and supporter. I had almost full premium collection before homecoming. After the patch all my cards were milled to scrap and i lost everything because it was not announced in the game that scraps will not be used for crafting premiums anymore.
Though i still like playing gwent, it is a HUGE disappointment for me to lose my whole collection due to pure greed of some manager.
I need to make a break from the game and rethink whether i ever come back or not.

I was fortunate enough to craft all the gold premiums before this change took place. I was gonna do all the bronze, but just kinda forgot about doing it during the holidays (I have 300k+ scraps still). If I hadn't done the golds I would have deleted Gwent permanently. For the folks that haven't played in a couple months and come back to nothing but scraps with all premiums gone...RIP!

Top Bottom