RIP Monster faction.

+

ya1

Forum regular
I don't think MO needs stuff like tall removal. The hybrid OH deck is plenty strong, always was, got so much points that it's scary, and got wide punish in Werecat, well evaluated midrange dmg (Adda, Crones), great engines, etc.

MO needs interesting strong cards like Ethereal was (stress on the past tense) to provide new competitive decks.

What MO does not need is more of that pushing frost to be an independent archetype nonsense. CDPR, your tried, you failed, move on.

I don't think MO needs stuff like tall removal. The hybrid OH deck is plenty strong, always was, got so much points that it's scary, and got wide punish in Werecat, well evaluated midrange dmg (Adda, Crones), great engines, etc.

MO needs interesting strong cards like Ethereal was (stress on the past tense) to provide new competitive decks.

What MO does not need is more of that pushing frost to be an independent archetype nonsense. CDPR, your tried, you failed, move on.
Ethereal was an autopilot card of the worst kind. It was in no way interesting.

Ethereal wasn't interesting, it wasn't even an intentional design considering they weren't even sure how to rework it.

OH hunger was so strong I'm sure that's why it was dominating the last several season...ethereal had nothing to do with it at all. Werecat was a dead card until the last patch because there's now no other option. MO unfortunately has to go back to pre MM play, even their devotion deck is unplayable because it lacks any control so yes they need tools like tall punish.

What they need less of is tall play so I will agree that frost isn't working since they are forcing frost and dominance together. They need to rethink frost entirely

Only frost eh?

Monstruos.jpg

I have more than 90% win rate in ranked with Force of nature. This deck is insane. No mather the meta deck you use against this, i will beat and eat u with my big bad ass boys.

Last edited:
Only frost eh?
[image removed]

I have more than 90% win rate in ranked with Force of nature. This deck is insane. No mather the meta deck you use against this, i will beat and eat u with my big bad ass boys.

[...]

Slightly unrelated - how do you access the data you've screenshoted? I haven't been able to find it in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only frost eh?

View attachment 11059313

I don't know how you do it. I had such a good time with my Overwhelming Hunger deck last season. This season I cannot get past rank 2. I tweaked my deck, even tried something else but I'm stuck. And at this point in time I'm over it. At the moment I feel like the worst player in the history of Gwent and I cannot take losing anymore.

I paid for Premium Journey but even that can't get me to continue. I'm out.

True, the shields and armor in the meta make frost way less viable, that's why i didnt even try it since its been released, and i wouldnt recommend it. What i did was give advice to those who do want to run frost decks anyway.

I think a reasonable argument could be made that armor doesn't protect a person from cold weather and therefore frost damage should bypass armor.

The most reliable deck i've used so far in terms of strength is FoN Kiki Queen, not much in terms of control though.
I'm experimenting with OH Deathwish Crones atm.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think a reasonable argument could be made that armor doesn't protect a person from cold weather and therefore frost damage should bypass armor.

Lorewise that makes sense, but if it bypassed armor, then the main counter to weather (since its available on all factions) was removed, and they already removed weather removal because weather simply isnt that strong that it cant be beat without a counter.

Im not saying that would be too strong, i just dont think its the best way to make frost more viable and competitive.

I don't know how you do it. I had such a good time with my Overwhelming Hunger deck last season. This season I cannot get past rank 2. I tweaked my deck, even tried something else but I'm stuck. And at this point in time I'm over it. At the moment I feel like the worst player in the history of Gwent and I cannot take losing anymore.

I paid for Premium Journey but even that can't get me to continue. I'm out.

Rank 2 is not that bad. Sometimes it happend to me. Im feel im doing things wrong and you know what? Its right. When you lose all the time its bcs you are doing something wrong. So you have to analize how you play and change the strategy. For example with this deck i play so agresive. I go for the first round all in and bleed in the second even i go for last round with card less. And it works. But not always have to bleed. You must know deal with some decisions.

Dont play decks you are not feeling confortable with just bcs someone sais iits "meta". Play in the way you feel good and stable. And make a deck according your strength.

I really wish the vampire archetype was competitive, lorewise they're my favorite part of MO.
This is what I think Gwent needs to work on, that is letting players compete with their favorite elements of the Witcher lore.

I'm glad WH is finally back and all, but next expansion needs to focus on expanding on the many half-finished archetypes. It seems every expansion just keeps introducing entirely new concepts when the ones already in can't stand on their own.

I'm tired of my viable decks just looking like a bunch of random cards slapped together. A few unfitting utility ones I can look past, but a Blood Scent deck must rely on so many different crutches that it ultimately doesn't even resemble an actual vampire deck.
There's so many such archetypes and it's solely because every expansion tries to re-innovate the entire game instead of actually expanding on established archetypes.
That is not to say I dislike the new mechanics they added, just that now after MM I feel they have a fair share of them in place and they simply need more support.

Tweaking older cards has become needed as well but I just hope the devs don't think this is all it takes then moves on to create yet another entirely new archetype already.
Vampire cards can get stronger with some tweaks, sure, but in order for an actual vampire archetype to work it needs more cards.

I'm a bit hesitant to even call vampires an "archetype", just like I find it a bit amusing when the devs talk about the "shield archetype".
In order for something to be an archetype wouldn't you need enough such cards to make up a deck?
Anyway I think this is a big reason why Monsters suffer now. No real archetype support, just many unfinished ones.

Last edited:
It's the one with Matta + Kiki Queen and necromancy combo?
It's good, very vulnerable to power reset and engine damage though.

No, its devotion with biggest units power. The difference is i use nekker and Endrega larva wich give me so much power in every round. So i could bleed pretty well. And in short round there is no better deck. Even card less, destroy the enemy.

For control I use parasite and Ada striga. I dont need more.

No, its devotion with biggest units power. The difference is i use nekker and Endrega larva wich give me so much power in every round. So i could bleed pretty well. And in short round there is no better deck. Even card less, destroy the enemy.

For control I use parasite and Ada striga. I dont need more.

Tried a similar approach but NR shieldwall is still a tough matchup. Will try to tweak it a bit more

DRK3

Forum veteran
Vampire cards can get stronger with some tweaks, sure, but in order for an actual vampire archetype to work it needs more cards.

I'm a bit hesitant to even call vampires an "archetype", just like I find it a bit amusing when the devs talk about the "shield archetype".
In order for something to be an archetype wouldn't you need enough such cards to make up a deck?
Anyway I think this is a big reason why Monsters suffer now. No real archetype support, just many unfinished ones.

Both vampires for MO and shields for NR are archetypes. They definitely have enough cards to be called that, although since you rarely see either, you may feel like there aren't that many.

MO Vampire has fallen out of favour, but for a few months it was MO's top pick, even used in pro tournaments (not 100% vampires, but definitely Blood Scent+Orianna).

NR Shields is a whole different story - it has like 10-15 unique cards, so definitely enough to build a full deck, but thanks to Shieldwall its just more effective to use shields to protect engines and boost duel units.

Tried a similar approach but NR shieldwall is still a tough matchup. Will try to tweak it a bit more

Yes, Shieldwall is tought. But not impossible. Its the most difficult for this deck but the trick its If he starts, go all in to be card up in second run and bleed totally until last card. Win 100%

If you start is pretty difficult, you will have to win first round and go last round card less. With nekker and larva could hold the bleeding pretty much and go for last short round with the rest. Its difficult but i have more than 50% against NR. Goes for long round is a suicide.

Against rest factions it goes more than 95% of win rate. Destroy everything.

Both vampires for MO and shields for NR are archetypes. They definitely have enough cards to be called that, although since you rarely see either, you may feel like there aren't that many.

MO Vampire has fallen out of favour, but for a few months it was MO's top pick, even used in pro tournaments (not 100% vampires, but definitely Blood Scent+Orianna).

NR Shields is a whole different story - it has like 10-15 unique cards, so definitely enough to build a full deck, but thanks to Shieldwall its just more effective to use shields to protect engines and boost duel units.
Imho shield is very undersupported because there aren't really any other payoff cards than Roegner and to a lesser degree cursed sorceress (already a bad card before master Mirror dropped)

The Leshen should have an order ability to damage himself by 2 then spawn 2 wolf tokens (one on each side of the Leshen and each having 1 power)! :D
That'd make him a bit more interesting while also those tokens could be of some use for MO faction since they have some cards that require a sacrifice for an effect or boost.
(we could go even further by having each wolf have a zeal ability to cause 1 point bleed to an enemy card... though this would then be 2 full points more, so maybe like damage the Leshen by another 1 when bleed is activated)

Top Bottom