System requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 - UPDATE!

+
Personally it depresses me I hope my rtx 2060 will be more beautiful than on ps4 pro and one x ... well it has the dlss and the RT ... when I see the quality shown by cdpr in a lot of video .. . on the other hand my ps4 1 not even bother even if the game will run, a game like this one without quality, it is useless

Of course with the 2060 you will get a better quality as a ps4, why you think it isn´t so?
What kind of CPU is in your rig?

Hi, I have 110GB free in my SSD. This will be enough to download Cyberpunk with the day one patch included? I don't really want to pre-load the game this monday and find out that I have to dowload another 50+ GB size patch and since my SSD is not big enough, the inicial installation will be useless.

Last edited:
CDPR says 70GB but i think the day 1 patch will add another 10GB or little bit more.
But i don´t think it will go over 100GB.

BTW a SSD shut never be more then 75% full of data, the "garbage collection" isn't working properly and that affects the lifespan of the SSD.

CDPR says 70GB but i think the day 1 patch will add another 10GB or little bit more.
But i don´t think it will go over 100GB.

BTW a SSD shut never be more then 75% full of data, the "garbage collection" isn't working properly and that affects the lifespan of the SSD.
Oh I see, well, I think I will install it in my HDD first and get a new SSD soon! Thanks for the reply!

No, don´t install it on HDD! CDPR recommend a SSD, HDD is the biggest pain in the ass trust me!
The world is constantly preloading so the SSD is highly used and very important!
You must de-install something on the SSD, you have no other chance.

No, don´t install it on HDD! CDPR recommend a SSD, HDD is the biggest pain in the ass trust me!
The world is constantly preloading so the SSD is highly used and very important!
You must de-install something on the SSD, you have no other chance.
Oh, ok ok, well... time to get rid off some games in the SSD! Thanks

Not that this bothers me much on PC but I found out there is already a 43gb Update on top of the 70gb download and it's not even the day one patch.

CD Projekt Red developer Fabian Mario Dohla revealed that this isn't the game's day one patch. "It’s an update but - fun twist - not the update we’ll have for launch. 😅"

Source

[...]

Most gamers still use the 1060 and a very small minority [...] use the 20 Series of Nvidia GPUs and the 30 Series are all going to Crypto-Miners with none available for anyone else.

The resolution that the majority of people play at is 1080p.

So at the end of the day, I would assume that CD Projekt Red set their performance metrics based on the 10 Series from Nvidia or the RX 500 Series from AMD (because the Navi 1 generation were a load of shit and overpriced).

Ray-tracing is still a gimmick and I really doubt that this was a primary concern of the devs - especially considering that the version of ray-tracing that most people will be using going forward will be that which is implemented by AMD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4406876

I have a gtx 980 and it's not even mentioned lol we jump from series 7 to 1000 in a single step :( .

Ray-tracing is still a gimmick and I really doubt that this was a primary concern of the devs - especially considering that the version of ray-tracing that most people will be using going forward will be that which is implemented by AMD.

Have you played games with ray tracing? It definitly feels like its hyped up a bit over board, but it definitly is not a "gimmick" The lighting improvments alone are astounding and the reflections are just .. mmwa.

Have you played games with ray tracing? It definitly feels like its hyped up a bit over board, but it definitly is not a "gimmick" The lighting improvments alone are astounding and the reflections are just .. mmwa.

There are very few games which have any aspect of ray-tracing implemented and the only game which has all of the ray-tracing features implemented is Control.

None of those few games which implement ray-tracing are of any interest to me - not saying they are bad, it's just that they are not my thing.

99.999 ...% of games have no ray-tracing, that's why I call it a gimmick.

It's something for the likes of Digital Foundry or the other talking heads to cognitively masturbate over but hardly relevant to the rest of us.

There are very few games which have any aspect of ray-tracing implemented and the only game which has all of the ray-tracing features implemented is Control.

None of those few games which implement ray-tracing are of any interest to me - not saying they are bad, it's just that they are not my thing.

99.999 ...% of games have no ray-tracing, that's why I call it a gimmick.

It's something for the likes of Digital Foundry or the other talking heads to cognitively masturbate over but hardly relevant to the rest of us.

Well, yeah (this iteration) its new tech. 99 percent of hardware cant support it either.

But new tech that hasnt been able to be fully taken advantage of yet isnt what a gimick is.

Last edited:
Not that this bothers me much on PC but I found out there is already a 43gb Update on top of the 70gb download and it's not even the day one patch.

CD Projekt Red developer Fabian Mario Dohla revealed that this isn't the game's day one patch. "It’s an update but - fun twist - not the update we’ll have for launch. 😅"

Source

It´s not on "top" of that, it replaces some data from the 70GB.

With my specs running @ 1440p, I'm thinking I should be able to squeeze in at RT Medium (between Minimum and High)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 X
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA+
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4

Hopefully in a year i'll be able to grab a 3080 Ti and a 4K monitor!

Top Bottom