System requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 - UPDATE!

+
Well it comes down to what you can afford, and what your priorities are. I originally intended to get an RTX 3080, but failed to snag one when they released. So I tried again when the 3090's released and I got lucky and got one. It was more than I originally intended to spend, but since getting it I have no regrets. It chews up everything I throw at it. On the other hand I can understand someone thinking a card like the 3070 is a much better bang for your buck.

Well it comes down to what you can afford, and what your priorities are. I originally intended to get an RTX 3080, but failed to snag one when they released. So I tried again when the 3090's released and I got lucky and got one. It was more than I originally intended to spend, but since getting it I have no regrets. It chews up everything I throw at it. On the other hand I can understand someone thinking a card like the 3070 is a much better bang for your buck.
You can spend your money the way you want, there's nothing wrong with it and you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Last edited:
I find a point all the same worrying when we see that there is no stock for these graphics cards as well as the next gen consoles so yes there is the covid but personally I find that it is still scary :rolleyes:

There is a very high probability that there will be no SLI support.
The game will be optimized for newer hardware and only the 3090 is able to have SLI,
therefore 99% no, no SLI support.
We will see! But I very much believe that I am right about that.

SLI and Crossfire are dead and two is not better then one :D
There are to many problems with SLI and Crossfire in the past, so it is ok that there are both dead.

Well maybe to someone who just buys one card ...one card is fine. But I have always bought 2 cards of the latest GTX/RTX and SLI/NV Link is not a plug and play thing like a PS5 or Xbone. You haft to know what you are doing beyond just sticking 2 cards into a system. I have always used 2 cards for years now and never had an issue like people claim at all.

I'm glad that I can play this on high @ 1080p with my GTX 1080... but would rather play it on ultra @ 1440p as intended with my current monitor, and future 3090 FE... once it releases again in Q1 2021 that is...:rolleyes:

If you have a 1440p monitor, you can play it in high/ultra with a 1080 iam sure.
You need around 20000 Firstrike or 7500 Timespy score, grafics score around 23000 then your fine.

Yeah, I'm a 3D artist/content creator/multi-tasker/gamer in that order, so the 24gb VRAM is the main selling point for me, now all I need to do is wait for the bloody 3090 FE to actually come back in stock in Q1 2021 and I'll be set; I already have the money saved up, it's just a matter of beating the scalpers at this point! :disapprove:

And no, I don't have a microcenter in my town, otherwise I would have had it in my rig by now!
If you have a 1440p monitor, you can play it in high/ultra with a 1080 iam sure.
You need around 20000 Firstrike or 7500 Timespy score, grafics score around 23000 then your fine.
My Timespy score is 7964 which is rated as good, so that means I can play in 1440p, great, that means I'll enjoy the game with decent fidelity!

You asked, we deliver!

Below you'll find recommended configurations for 1080p low, 1080p high, 1440p ultra and 4K ultra settings, as well as ray tracing setups!

Recommended settings now include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super and AMD Radeon RX 590!

Question:
I have an nvidia 1060 + a fast ssd + 24 GB Mem. But my processor is an i5 2500K :( will it run cyberpunk 2077 or will I need to buy it for xbox one s?

A 3090 is a card for the future, the 3070 and 3080 aren´t! So good choice!

Ooh I don't know about that, honestly. The 3090 is, on average, about 15% more powerful than the 3080 at triple the cost while the 3080 is, on average, about 25% more powerful than the 3070 at a much lower price difference.

At 15%, yea you could say it'll last a good year longer than the 3080 but the cost difference makes it an extravagant possession more than an actual worthwhile investment. Future gen graphics cards will offer the same or more power for a fraction of the cost of one 3090.

TL;DR its good if you can afford it, but overall not worth the financial effort, imo.

All 3000-series cards are cards of the future. Just get one of them and you are set for a while. A 3070 is the new mid-range.

I found an MSI aero 2080ti on FB marketplace for 450$!.... so i sold my 1080 to a guy buying components for his sons new build for 150$.

feeling very grateful. good deals are out there you just have to be vigilant and consistently looking. :)

This has been a question for enthusiasts around the internet that rock dual cards and beyond with max hardware of the latest and greatest of what a PC truly has to offer and I am no exception. I have been using SLI / NV - LINK for years with non of the so called issues that are reported for the simple fact I know how to problem solve any issues that abound. So since CdProjectRed is silent on this issue I will take there silence as a possible yes Cyberpunk 2077 does scale with dual cards and base it on 1. The 3090's are SLI enabled. 2. Red engine 3 scaled well. 3. CdRed has always been for there people and enabled every optimization option that was good for the game even to the extent of nerfing the graphics in game VIA an update. So in conclusion I stand by what I say and believe Cyberpunk 20777 will scale.

Attachments

• 331461.a4ad9c81e55c97936fc399a8725566f0.1600.jpg
    331461.a4ad9c81e55c97936fc399a8725566f0.1600.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 103
  • falconnw-talon-3990x-featured-1280x640.jpg
    falconnw-talon-3990x-featured-1280x640.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 81
  • digital-storm-aventum-x-review-6-1200x9999.jpg
    digital-storm-aventum-x-review-6-1200x9999.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 88
I'd be ok with 1080p and 20-30fps. Is there a benchmark app?

Here is a calculator for both CPU and GPU + RAM

Thanks for posting this. Really clears up quite a few things.
Can you provide framerates, tho?

More specifically, how does the game support monitors like 120Hz/144Hz/240Hz/300Hz? Will these higher Hz displays have native framerates, or will they be capped at 60fps like they are in Fallout 4/Skyrim/most Bethesda games??

And if you do support >60Hz monitors, how does that impact performance? Does it increase system requirements?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks :cool:
yeah, i would like to know about 144 Hz monitor also
Post automatically merged:

A 3090 is a card for the future, the 3070 and 3080 aren´t! So good choice!
I want a 3090 but can't afford it.

I've had the cash set aside to buy a 3080 since a few months before it launched. Like most haven't been able to get one. I've tried the usuals (nowinstock with discord alerts, being on the nv site at launch time, F5 ing newegg, BB, Amazon etc, even got one order in on newegg once then they canceled it 15 mins later because of "stock issue"). I've given up on that and just holding out on EVGA's virtual line system where they e-mail you when they have a card to sell you and you got like 8 hours to buy it before it moves to the next person in line.

Anyways hoping that my GTX 1080 (regular not Ti), 8700K @ 4.7 Ghz all cores, 16 GB dual channel 3200 RAM, and a 1 TB PCI-E NVME drive can run the game at mostly ultra-settings and just a few of the most demanding settings at high at 1440p (no RT of course). Fingers crossed.

Here is a calculator for both CPU and GPU + RAM

Thats a cool tool. Thanks.

I want a 3090 but can't afford it.

I wouldn't personally worry about 3090 at this time, the card is a monstrosity that probably won't even fit in your computer case. Only those in graphic design or who make videos for living or are just ultra-rich would consider it in my opinion. Normal people don't run things on 8K yet.

Top Bottom