System requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 - UPDATE!

+
A 3090 is a card for the future, the 3070 and 3080 aren´t! So good choice!

True, the 3090 will stay ahead of the latest games’ recommended requirements for longer, but at what cost?

Better to always go with the most cost effective purchase.
Your 1500 dollars got you a 3090 that’ll last 6-7 years before it’s outdated.
For 1500 dollars, I will buy a 3070 now, a 5070 in a couple of years, and then a 7070 when those release, and those will last me 12 years of gaming.

True, I might not be gaming at 4K/8k on ultra, but I am making better purchases “for the future” at a more stable user experience. In 2026, I’ll still be having an average experience with my second middle-of-the-road card, using Nvidia’s latest tech gimmick. Meanwhile, your 3090 is stuttering, not using the latest innovations and you’re trying to scrounge up another 1500 bucks.

Last edited:
I¨ll try this too. I got ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC 8G, then 16GB RAM, and my CPU is Intel Core i5-8600K. I want play only 1080p resolution. What do u think (high/ultra settings?) Thanks :howdy:

EDIT: I tried 3DMark, results: a) TimeSpy = 6 236; b) Fire Strike = 15 715.

All the tests that I've seen shown that if you can afford it, then sure, the card exists, so why not? But there's no actual reason to go above a 70 if you look at cost vs what you are getting or even need. That said, I can't see any difference after around 80fps unless there is a major drop. I grew up with a computer that just barely made minimum specs if it even did meet them. I was just barely able to get a decent computer before 2020 all happened. I have full confidence in my 2070 Super to still make the game look amazing.

Thats a cool tool. Thanks.

I wouldn't personally worry about 3090 at this time, the card is a monstrosity that probably won't even fit in your computer case. Only those in graphic design or who make videos for living or are just ultra-rich would consider it in my opinion. Normal people don't run things on 8K yet.
3D artist checking in, and yeah you forgot to mention those poor souls that have been saving for damn near a year to only to be faced with the brick wall of unavailability that is the shit, launch/scalpers... Good news, I'll be able to have both money for the card/new PSU, which is nice...

EDIT: I also have a behemoth of a case, so I'm not worried about the fit!

I¨ll try this too. I got ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC 8G, then 16GB RAM, and my CPU is Intel Core i5-8600K. I want play only 1080p resolution. What do u think (high/ultra settings?) Thanks :howdy:

EDIT: I tried 3DMark, results: a) TimeSpy = 6 236; b) Fire Strike = 15 715.

1080p high or 1440p with some settings little bit lower then high,
therefore you can watch the hardware unboxed (Youtube) settings after release.
Make sure that your X.M.P Profile for the memory is activated in the UEFI Bios.
BTW you have a lot of tuning potential in you rig when you overclocking.
6800+ Timespy and 18000+ Firestrike is easy possible!

CPU 5GHz and graphics card +60-100 core and 100-150 memory

Last edited:
therefore you can watch the hardware unboxed (Youtube) settings after release.

I've already subscribed him :D

Make sure that your X.M.P Profile for the memory is activated in the UEFI Bios.

Ok, thx, I will look for it in Bios. :)

BTW you have a lot of tuning potential in you rig when you overclocking.
6800+ Timespy and 18000+ Firestrike is easy possible!
CPU 5GHz and graphics card +60-100 core and 100-150 memory

Well, I need to know how to do that xD I dont know how to turn on CPU OC. :D
BTW my MB: ASROCK MB Z370 PRO4

But thx for your opinion, I really appreciate it! :howdy: :cool:

Are you ready people?:p
Just wanna ask an opinion, I've bought a new laptop:
i7 9th gen 6 cores 4,6 GHz boost, 32 RAM, RTX2070 8G. I wonder if I can run the game more than the RT minimum? :facepalm::)

DC9V

Forum veteran
I wouldn't personally worry about 3090 at this time
I agree. A 3080 that has a high power limit comes close to the same gaming performance.
The Witcher 3 - RTX 3080 - 4K - Ryzen 5 3600 @4.1 GHz
The Witcher 3 - RTX 3090 - 4K - Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2GHz
Post automatically merged:

Wdym to expensive, the 3080 is the same price as a standard 2080 from last gen and like triple the power.
I've payed 580€ for the 2070S in July 2019 and at the same store the 3080 is currently listed for 999€.
Both are the "MSI Gaming X Trio" model.

Last edited:
I agree. A 3080 that has a high power limit comes close to the same gaming performance.
The Witcher 3 - RTX 3080 - 4K - Ryzen 5 3600 @4.1 GHz
The Witcher 3 - RTX 3090 - 4K - Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2GHz
Post automatically merged:

I've payed 580€ for the 2070S in July 2019 and at the same store the 3080 is currently listed for 999€.
Both are the "MSI Gaming X Trio" model.

Yeah because the 3080 Is eons above a 2070 in power? Its better than 2080ti and at the same price as 2080s was. If you want a comparison look at the 3060 ti. Same price and its better than a 2080 s.

The 30 series is absolutely not over priced

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
The 30 series is absolutely not over priced
Actually I just tried to translate this post:
People we must stop you saw the price of RTX serie 3xxx honestly ...
Anyway, I think it's the current situation that makes the 3080 too expensive. Because (depending on where you live) it's rare to see in stock, so if you want a high-end GPU with DLSS, you either end up buying a 3090 that is in stock, or you wait for the 3080 ti, which both are more expensive.

Last edited:
Time and stress is money. It's way too much of a pain in the ass to get a 3k card right now. Not worth it.
Actually I just tried to translate this post:

Anyway, I think it's the current situation that makes the 3080 too expensive. Because (depending on where you live) it's rare to see in stock, so if you want a high-end GPU with DLSS, you either end up buying a 3090 that is in stock, or you wait for the 3080 ti, which both are more expensive.

:coolstory:

Wdym to expensive, the 3080 is the same price as a standard 2080 from last gen and like triple the power.

Above is is the main selling point of of the card people keep missing and why is the best "value" right now. when comparing between the 3070 and 3090

Time and stress is money. It's way too much of a pain in the ass to get a 3k card right now. Not worth it.

I have no I deal what you mean. You need patience and a bit of luck right now but I would not classify that as stress. As for a 3k card? If you look at my earlier posts I was able to get one recently also I got mine for MSRP in a store so I don't know where you got 3k from.

Last edited:
I have no I deal what you mean. You need patience and a bit of luck right now but I would not classify that as stress. As for a 3k card? If you look at my earlier posts I was able to get one recently also I got mine for MSRP in a store so I don't know where you got 3k from.

I think they meant 3K (3000) series and not 3K in price.

Top Bottom