Key Remapping

+
Super unconventional, but I move forward with right mouse button (for years and years now).

I can map rightmouse to move forward just fine, but this key is shared with some kinda zoom toggle that I can't re-map. So when I click it, I zoom in briefly and then move fwd very slowly.

Help?

How TF did CDP not learn its lesson with Witcher 3?

It had the exact same binding issues at launch and took forever to patch.

Why? Why do the same stupid thing over and over, knowing full well what the reaction to it would be?

Once I'd get, but there's no excuse for not learning from past mistakes.

Everything should be bindable, full stop.

Don't put "use" in a weird spot and then not give players a way to fix it.

Don't block left handed controls by blocking bindings on the most often used keys for them.

Why can't devs not make the same stupid mistakes over and over again?

Dear CDProjektRed. In a world where making games as accessible as possible to the people who play them, there isn't room for removing key binding methods and options that have been available in 98% of games for the last 20+ years. (numbers not researched or accurate, but you get the point.) I'm not sure who's bright idea it was to leave this option out or if it was an honest oversight, but please keep up with the accessibility options that we've all become accustomed to in order to enjoy your games to their fullest. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm loving the game, thanks for all the love you guys at CDPR put into it.

There are some very simple things that bothers me about the controls, and a lot of people already are asking for them like toggle walk for keyboard, and a toggle aim option for shooting. These 2 also bothers me, but another thing that is really bad is the double-tap for dashing, if you are trying to position yourself anywhere, making little adjustments using the movement keys, you end up dashing by mistake. There has to be some alternative instead of double-tap for dashing, like holding another key before pressing a move key. Just give us a remap for Dashes please!

Thanks

hello all!

I am having the same issue here where i would like to use arrow keys for my movement. I have played that way so long, that is very hard for me to play with WASD.

What is happening is that when I proceed to the settings to change the movement up and back to the arrow keys the interface actually says "Failed to Bind key" and it just does not allow me to enter the UP or DOWN arrow keys, but allows me to do the LEFT AND RIGHT arrow keys.

I then noticed that the F key is being used for like a "USE" or "OPEN" button and I cannot seem to find where to change that binding either.

I also tried utilizng Auto Hot keys and I wrote the following script - but it STILL did not work :(

#IfWinActive Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED
:*:w::{Up}
:*:s::{Down}
:*🅰:{Left}
:*:d::{Right}
#IfWinActive

Is there anyone out there that has gotten arrows keys to work for movement?!

Regarding Controls/Keybinds

On the next major update Can we get a toggle option for ADS (Aim Down Sights)? I understand that hold ADS is for the console players.

I play all my games with the arrows key, and here I can't bind "Up Arrow" and "Back Arrow", please if someone know how to fix it I'll enjoy my game :c I coundn't find any archive to bind it manually.

I also tried the following script in auto hot keys and it still did not work. Never seen auto hot keys not work and it seems like its really REALLY just hard coded into the game arrows keys cannot be used.

Up::w
Left::a
Down::s
Right::d

Yeah, sorry CDPR, but this is a NONO.
Keys need to be rebindable, specially arrowkeys (left handed players).
I practically cant play this, Autohotkey doesnt work and Corsair iCue cuts out the second you press more than uparrow (like left or right to steer your vehicle).

This needs to be changed, asap.
Post automatically merged:

I might have found a temp fix for this.
I edited the ini file and made it read only, that worked (so far).
UserSettings.json can be found here %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Open with Notepad++ or text editor.
Look for the "SettingsLocomotion" part of it.

"value": "IK_Up",
"default_value": "IK_W"

"value": "IK_Down",
"default_value": "IK_S"

"value": "IK_Left",
"default_value": "IK_A"

"value": "IK_Right",
"default_value": "IK_D"

Should look like this.
Replace IK_W value with IK_Up and so on, upper and lower case need to be correct or they wont work.
Save file - make read only - hope it doesnt cause any issues along the way, seems to work for me (for now)
You just saved my live, thank you human :whistle:

I am along with a lot of your player base cannot rebind keys in game successfully. I used YHUJ for movement and I cant remap J or I to reload is ridiculous. I cant go back and forth playing this game and others switching my key bindings. absolutely unplayable.

I used RDFG for movement and ran into the exact same issue. Frankly, this is really frustrating.

I use this also, and F isn't the only conflicting key in this set. "pick up body" is hard bound to R. And [Take (F) / Use (R)] are also hardbound. Guess I'm reverting to WSAD until I can afford an X-Keys pad

Last edited:
Again with the screwed up key bindings. I am left-handed and can not play the game in its current state due to the insane semi hard bound keys. My keys are OKL; for movement and IPJ for use, MN for stance. This is extremely disappointing. Thought you guys would have figured this out after Witcher 3. And now we what? wait several more months for it to be fixed.

Different types of games can run into different types of issues with stuff like rebinding certain controls. TW3 also had a few that were hard-coded into the engine. Not sure exactly why, but nothing happens for no reason.

Plus, I understand that left-handed players will want a viable option aside from WASD. For the rest of it, the vast majority of the keys are able to be rebound. I'm curious, especially about the arrow keys not being an option, but we'll need to wait and see what the devs say.

Also, don't forget that this was a monstrous project that was put together with people working remotely on it for months. That certainly could not have been anything but problematic or outright frustration, but they did get there. Issues will be sorted in due course.

can't seem to remap most of my mouse buttons and middle click doesnt work out right. logitech master 3 with logitech options. trying to use middle click doesn't register in game, nor does remapping a button to a keypress in options. ie map the thumb button to "\" and "\" to a command in game and it doesn't detect. tried in all applications as well as specific for cyberpunk in options.

Ins, Home, Pg Up, pg Down, Delete, End, the numpad, Right Shift and Control, Enter, Backspace...
These all look as "close buttons" to me.
And what I used in virtually any mounse & keyboard game that allowed me to remap for almost 20 years.
This is also what I use as a left-hander. I've also use the Insert through Page Down bank with Ctrl and Shft modifiers in games like WoW or other mmos.

Top Bottom