[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I don't know the more I think about it the worst it seems, the game already has so many endings (that mean jack shit), I doubt they will add that many more just to say that V survived in any scenario or to add more to them. There seems to be no winning in this case, least we can hope for is that they add some or modify certain ones in a way that your choices do matter in the end, truly matter I mean.

Maybe a few flavors of certain endings we got (v dies, v survives, what happens to certain characters, arasaka etc.), an extra ending or two for certain conditions being met is best we can hope for and even then I doubt, hopefully this blows up in a few days and people pick up the steam.

I'm just gonna be real with you guys, probably not the thread for it. But I doubt multiplayer would be any good in this game. Don't get me wrong combat and everything is pretty decent, for a singleplayer game. It's kind of clunky, and I don't see it working well in multiplayer environment. Certainly, the performance issues would be a gigantic problem, unless they exclude last gen consoles, and even then I think it would be a problem.. That isn't even mentioning how bad cheaters or modders could destroy the game, like how both GTAonline and Rdonline are full of them.
I have said previously, and it is just my opinion, but CP2077 multiplayer for me would struggle not to be just a futuristic, neon lit GTA

I have said previously, and it is just my opinion, but CP2077 multiplayer for me would struggle not to be just a futuristic, neon lit GTA
That too, just first person... Not that I wouldn't like that if it was executed well, and the performance wasn't trash. I just don't think that would happen...

I just had a thought.

Does anyone remember Farscape? Good show, had Claudia Black who is still an all time crush of mine. Anyways, there is at some point, the main character gets split into two. Same character, two versions, both the same. They are at the same time, both character( I forget his name. Sinclair? It'll come back to me). There isn't a 'copy' situation because of 'show reasons', so one isn't the original. They're both the original.

Anyways one of them dies and stuff happens. Not my point.

What if at some point, another copy of your engram, whether by Alt or Arasaka or whatever, downloads you into another body. And then you have to go hunt the other V down for reasons. To save them, kill them, whatever.

This would allow the endings more or less to stay(barring the one where you offed yourself, but c'mon)as they are, while also allowing you to keep playing as V post game.

This would give an interesting twist on the fact that you don't often get to see your own version of V, save in mirrors and the very occasional cutscene.

Just throwing that out there.

I don't know the more I think about it the worst it seems, the game already has so many endings (that mean jack shit), I doubt they will add that many more just to say that V survived in any scenario or to add more to them. There seems to be no winning in this case, least we can hope for is that they add some or modify certain ones in a way that your choices do matter in the end, truly matter I mean.

Maybe a few flavors of certain endings we got (v dies, v survives, what happens to certain characters, arasaka etc.), an extra ending or two for certain conditions being met is best we can hope for and even then I doubt, hopefully this blows up in a few days and people pick up the steam.
It would be a massive boost to get decent endings with a continuation into DLC, but the major issue with the endings is basically you get nothing worthwhile for your death, nor do you experience a whole lot on your way there. This intertwines with the other major gripe with CP2077, the questionable romance system and its choices

Yes, it does bring into question if the CTRL+V is actually V, though I think the majority of people who have played, are in the 'not V' category.
I disagree. I actually think this thread shows that the overwhelming majority of players overlook what Soulkiller does, because the game blows past it, and everyone will consider getting to live 6 more months as some kind of win even though real V dies at Mikoshi.

Places like Reddit also seem to think the space heist / Panam exit are good endings.

I just had a thought.

Does anyone remember Farscape? Good show, had Claudia Black who is still an all time crush of mine. Anyways, there is at some point, the main character gets split into two. Same character, two versions, both the same. They are at the same time, both character( I forget his name. Sinclair? It'll come back to me). There isn't a 'copy' situation because of 'show reasons', so one isn't the original. They're both the original.

What if at some point, another copy of your engram, whether by Alt or Arasaka or whatever, downloads you into another body. And then you have to go hunt the other V down for reasons. To save them, kill them, whatever.

This would allow the endings more or less to stay(barring the one where you offed yourself, but c'mon)as they are, while also allowing you to keep playing as V post game.

This would give an interesting twist on the fact that you don't often get to see your own version of V, save in mirrors and the very occasional cutscene.

I brought up Farscape very early on in this thread. Neither copy is actually the original Crighton, but both think they are Crighton. Until throughout the season, they develop separate from eachother, and each become their own "new" man. No longer the same. Probably one of the best shows/seasons in scifi history, in my opinion. They have been trying to revive that series for a very long time too.

The show even tackles the whole romance angle with Claudia Black's character and the Crighton's, who both love her. Also the copy who dies, doesn't die meaninglessly like V dies in this game.

I disagree. I actually think this thread shows that the overwhelming majority of players overlook what Soulkiller does, because the game blows past it, and everyone will consider getting to live 6 more months as some kind of win even though real V dies at Mikoshi.

Ah, can you blame them? The story barely goes over it like you said and to top it of when you get the information about what it does V can't even question it nor does he even acknowledge it. Probably because if you could ask and force Alt to elaborate more on it, it would come to you that it will all be meaningless regardless, in the context of the "original" V.

The writers probably knew, that's why they added the whole "nothing is the same" or whatever Alt says as a response to Johnny. Just enough to write it off as they said something but not enough to genuinely convey to our character he will be dead regardless.

Places like Reddit also seem to think the space heist / Panam exit are good endings.

I dunno, most people in the thread seem to think that Soulkiller does exactly what it says on the tin. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Anyways, I've had this line of thought for years once I really started to thinking about how transporters in Star Trek worked. And I never looked at it the same way ever again.

I just had a thought.

Well in all the endings where you don't live out your 6 months, there is still an engram of you. One which could easily be implanted into a body. Then it only becomes a case of whether you are real V or copy V. So there is definitely the potential, without massive story breaks and financial ruin, for CDPR to fix the endings via DLC of some sort.

Exactly why I am afraid that if CDPR listens to feedback, they will listen to that feedback. :giveup:

I dunno, most people in the thread seem to think that Soulkiller does exactly what it says on the tin. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Anyways, I've had this line of thought for years once I really started to thinking about how transporters in Star Trek worked. And I never looked at it the same way ever again.
Maybe I'm focusing on the negative, but it seems like everyone in here who isn't the same handful of people constantly repeating "No, Soulkiller kills you" is claiming that the Panam exit is a hopeful ending.

Exactly why I am afraid that if CDPR listens to feedback, they will listen to that feedback. :giveup:

I feel like, or well, I hope being the better word, that because I think this is now the largest game-related thread on the forum, that they're probably reading this.

Again, I hope.

Hi devs.

It's meant to be "hopeful" if you just get that ending and don't bother looking the others up, but in reality it's just as bad as any of the others, for me that's the whole point about complaining about this shit -- because in the end what ending you get barely matters.

Ah, can you blame them? The story barely goes over it like you said and to top it of when you get the information about what it does V can't even question it nor does he even acknowledge it. Probably because if you could ask and force Alt to elaborate more on it, it would come to you that it will all be meaningless regardless, in the context of the "original" V.
I get the gist that it creates the copy and then wipes the original psyche. It just goes against the grain that Johnny's engram can take your body without an issue, but you get put back into your own body and your body attacks the new psyche

I get the gist that it creates the copy and then wipes the original psyche. It just goes against the grain that Johnny's engram can take your body without an issue, but you get put back into your own body and your body attacks the new psyche

Because your host was altered too much for Johnny already so you are going to be an "intruder" to the host. However, I fail to realize how the biochip could not reconfigure the host again for V since Alt can put you on the chip again. For plot reasons of course there needs to be some contrived way to explain it off. Nanites for example, since they are so convenient to dig yourself out of a hole you dug story wise. Must have taken that page out of Kojima's book.

Again, the story even states that the biochip activates when the host dies and begins the process -- seeing as you are already dead in the pool next to the mainframe when Alt hit you with soulkiller, there's already that part done. The chip is still in your head so there's that too.

Logically from what the game tells you this should all work, but it can't because the writers want to force you to have a certain type of ending.

Last edited:
Because your host was altered too much for Johnny already so you are going to be an "intruder" to the host. However, I fail to realize how the biochip could not reconfigure the host again for V since Alt can put you on the chip again. For plot reasons of course there needs to be some contrived way to explain it off. Nanites for example, since they are so convenient to dig yourself out of a hole you dug story wise. Must have taken that page out of Kojima's book.

Again, the story even states that the biochip activates when the host dies and begins the process -- seeing as you are already dead in the pool next to the mainframe when Alt hit you with soulkiller, there's already that part done. The chip is still in your head so there's that too.

Gotta say, that is a pretty glaringly huge plot hole that was never addressed once in game. Just had to do because it was literally the only way to move forward.

Maybe I'm focusing on the negative, but it seems like everyone in here who isn't the same handful of people constantly repeating "No, Soulkiller kills you" is claiming that the Panam exit is a hopeful ending.
Don't think there is a hopeful ending, so to speak. It's just very terminal. Like, where do we go from here? It just seems like there are not many directions for CDPR to take the game after such endings, and even those which could form new chapters leave questions like what is the significance of V and copy V? What is the actual impact of soulkiller in the game?

I think the most appropriate summation is it's a disappointment in light of the journey we took and the one we were sold tickets for.

I know it may be kinda cliche, but I wish there was an ending where V gets his body back, he finds a body to upload Johnny into just like he was going to take over V's, and then they (together with Rogue and V's love interest) figure out how to save V's life. Everyone is happy. No depressing tragedy crap. Real life has enough tragedy. I don't want it in my entertainment as well. It's supposed to be an escape from reality, not an emulation of it.
Post automatically merged:

I love when things have the balls to make a sad ending. I have full respect for any medium that goes against what the mainstream demand is a satisfactory conclusion. I guess that's why I love movies like the Mist etc as well. So seeing this thread has been the biggest selling point for me lol (skipping the actual story related stuff ofc).
We each have our own preferences. I think that all RPGs should have multiple endings to choose from. Happy endings for those who hate tragedy and tragic endings for those who enjoy tragedy. That way everyone can enjoy the story the way they want with the ending they chose being canon in their own minds. Forcing nothing but tragedy eliminates a large number of potential fans

Last edited:

It is the most hopeful ending. Dying so that another person can live on meaningful. That the other person happens to be a version of you makes it even moreso.

Dying so another person can live briefly and then die anyway ... not so much.

The "new" V isn't some soulless automaton. She's a living breathing person with all the memories and experiences of the original.

Top Bottom