[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Nothing. For better or for worse. They said there would be changes in how the studio functions after Witcher 3 (apology letter and everything for the buggy launch) but nothing really changed internally. People only remember Witcher 3 as a masterpiece now - recency bias.

How many flops has Bioware put out and did it kill the studio or related franchise? No. EA could very well have just absorbed the studio by putting it to pasture but didn't.

Naughty Dog wasn't destroyed by the shaky release of TLOU2 and the faux outrage.

Fallout 76 wasn't the end of Bethesda's future.

Even No Man Sky wasn't the end for a 20 man studio after a failure to launch, replete with a significant campaign of lies.

Uhm not trying to be a dick here but alot of your explanations are simply wrong.

Bioware is literally dead. The ppl who made and wrote DA Origins are all gone even before Bioware was bought. DA inquisition was a overhyped looting simulator and Mass Effect Andromeda was a Meme beyond belief costing them alot of money and alot of fans including me to never go back to them.

Naughty Dog did suffer alot by the TLOU2 Abby gets her revenge (and her ppl would still die without ellie showing even up) but for Ellie it is bad. Very bad. To the point where certain websites disabled negative ratings for the game and banned your account for doing so together with lots of paid reviews on those websites to avoid disaster. Yet youtubers did the job and roflstomped them in reviews and their bad writing.

Fallout 76 is to this day a buggy mess and a Meme inside a Meme. See youtube for that. After 30 hours of playing over months i gave up on the title completely.

No Man's Sky is the way how you should do the job once your mistake is this obvious. Start fixing it without making promises or adressing anything and come back with a big boom and an apology as well. Thats how any company should handle stuff like this.
Post automatically merged:

this is where Misty's pills should come in handy. if Johnny's influence leads to faster changing of the DNA or whatever, then taking the pills from the blue bottle should block him and temporarily stop the timer. it could even be something of a rare consumable that we had to ration.

That was my issue the entire game. You get pills handed to you but until the end you really can't choose what to do with them aside from a few side quests. You can't take a pill and block johnny out and neither can you give him the control as well. Which made the introduction of said pills and their effects aside from the quests where you can choose between them a bit pointless.

Even No Man Sky wasn't the end for a 20 man studio after a failure to launch, replete with a significant campaign of lies.

but No Man's Sky travesty was in part influenced by Sony's insistence they push the game out as soon as possible. Hello Games didn't have much choice since Sony has already given them money. CDPR make and publish their games on their own, their only worry are the investors. in terms of reputation blow Hello Games were in a better place, they were the little guy screwd over by the overlords. CDPR screwed themselves after using their "honest consumer-friendly company" card at every opportunity.

not saying you're wrong as a whole, though. I also think nothing will change, they'll just try to hide their fuckups better.

CDPR screwed themselves after using their "honest consumer-friendly company" card at every opportunity.

not saying you're wrong as a whole, though. I also think nothing will change, they'll just try to hide their fuckups better.
Yep. Now I don't think they will ever really be able to use that card again. Definitely not with the lies, and obfuscation. I've chatted with discord friends that this might even be worse than EA level deceit.

I don't even think a mechanic like that would be popular in this day and age. It would make the game a lot deeper though, and personally I would like something like that - so don't get me wrong.

to me personally, this mechanic along with several others, equally "unpopular", was what made Ash of Gods great, because in a lot of other aspects that game is derivative and messy as hell. shame, really, that AAA status makes devs drop cool deep mechanics in fear of not being to everyone's taste.

to me personally, this mechanic along with several others, equally "unpopular" was what made Ash of Gods great, because in a lot of other aspects that game is derivative and messy as hell. shame, really, that AAA status makes devs drop could deep mechanics in fear of not being to everyone's taste.
Yep. All we can hope for are indies, or modders. But games are increasingly becoming harder to mod so...

Uhm not trying to be a dick here but alot of your explanations are simply wrong.

The point is it never toppled the studios or the publishers themselves. Granted EA has deeper pockets than CDPR, they still had a string of bad publicity with games that petered out before the finish line. It took them years to materialize a Singleplayer Star Wars game after squandering it on BF1/BF2, and even the final result was an average, serviceable Souls clone held up by the franchise attached to it.

We'll see financially how they're doing after an earnings report in 2021. And before someone mentions it, no the stock market dropping for CDPR isn't indicative of anything. Their stock grew 80% before the launch and the studio was in general overvalued due to investors anticipating major gains with Cyberpunk's.

See that's the terrible thing. The post from an anonymous developer (back in October) describing how the game needed at least another 6 months was completely true. And the recent Bloomberg article effectively confirms what we all knew from the beginning. Suits at the top completely disconnected from the reality at the working level.

The three delays were so unnecessary. Just one delay into 2021 would have given them time to salvage the product. Witcher 3 didn't need a holiday sale to succeed.

Finish game, V dies hey, but here, some legendary gear on your corpse, looks good.

If you're going to die you might as well do it in style.

The point is it never toppled the studios or the publishers themselves. Granted EA has deeper pockets than CDPR, they still had a string of bad publicity with games that petered out before the finish line. It took them years to materialize a Singleplayer Star Wars game after squandering it on BF1/BF2, and even the final result was an average, serviceable Souls clone held up by the franchise attached to it.

We'll see financially how they're doing after an earnings report in 2021. And before someone mentions it, no the stock market dropping for CDPR isn't indicative of anything. Their stock grew 80% before the launch and the studio was in general overvalued due to investors anticipating major gains with Cyberpunk's.

See that's the terrible thing. The post from an anonymous developer (back in October) describing how the game needed at least another 6 months was completely true. And the recent Bloomberg article effectively confirms what we all knew from the beginning. Suits at the top completely disconnected from the reality at the working level.

The three delays were so unnecessary. Just one delay into 2021 would have given them time to salvage the product. Witcher 3 didn't need a holiday sale to succeed.

If you're going to die you might as well do it in style.
Die again, and again, and again and again and again.

Probably the first game where you need to die 7 times to get legendary loot as well as 7 times the depression. INNOVATION.

Another thing i just realized for the "cut content" of V fighting the hostile takeover is the fact that you can choose (if you play stealth approach) between killing someone or making them go to sleep. Like moral system of sort. Cause why else would you add that option in the first place?

I am more and more convinced that the devs had plans for different endings and different approaches of the main story and the 3 cards you have indicating how bad your takeover from johnny actually gets. Cause otherwise it makes no sense why you have those things in the first place if they literally do nothing.

Yep. All we can hope for are indies, or modders. But games are increasingly becoming harder to mod so...

I just want a mod that unlocks the whole world immediately before the end of the prologue. So I can just dick around and do side missions and gigs and not have Johnny in my ear.

Also, the crafting blueprint for a very nice legendary gun, can only be looted once you finish the game and return to the savepoint. How stupid is that?

Another thing i just realized for the "cut content" of V fighting the hostile takeover is the fact that you can choose (if you play stealth approach) between killing someone or making them go to sleep. Like moral system of sort. Cause why else would you add that option in the first place?

I am more and more convinced that the devs had plans for different endings and different approaches of the main story and the 3 cards you have indicating how bad your takeover from johnny actually gets. Cause otherwise it makes no sense why you have those things in the first place if they literally do nothing.
Yup

I had this thought as well when I had those options.

There's also the police scanner. Maybe only kill murderers and rapists and just knock out baddies "guilty" of corporate slander.

First I was like going by my moral code, I'll try to kill only like gang members and try to jsut knock out arasaka, militech workers, cuz i thought it might affect something, like Dishonored, but nope. Nothing changes.

Oh man, remember the intro cutscenes that play where you apparently did all these cool things with Jackie? How Padre doesn't even recognize you a few months later when he rings you up after entering Heywood?

When that cutscene played my heart completely sunk.

Only the main character is Johnny Silverhand. Game is trying to manipulate you to give him control.
1608338602798.png

Oh man, remember the intro cutscenes that play where you apparently did all these cool things with Jackie? How Padre doesn't even recognize you a few months later when he rings you up after entering Heywood?

When that cutscene played my heart completely sunk.

Yup and at that moment i was sitting in front of my screen going...... WTF? is this a bug? No way. Hold on....... oh god please no..... please don't tell me someone butchered this game to make it to the deadline of release......... a few minutes after that scene i knew.... but i didn't want to believe it till i saw the endings.....

Top Bottom