[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Further digging: The base algorithm for Relic 2.0 is Soulkiller. Now again it is quite fair to say that when Alt used Soulkiller on V after jacking into Mikoshi, both his engram and self-aware personality construct where created - Essentially Alt has access to half of the solution, V's engram ad construct.

Officially, Relic 2.0 preserves the large majority of cognitive and motor function, show preliminary emotional output of 75% (so we could potentially have less ability to form and maintain those bonds) and volition of 80-90% (Again, a small reduction in will power. Our ability to make decisions and commit to action.

Eh, the Countdown card is completelly pointless, no idea why is it even there, changes nothing.

yeah, although I think pretty much everyone thought it would affect the outcome in the end.

if we combine the countdown with Johnny's first brutal appearance, Misty's pills, zen meditations and choices whether or not give Johnny control in some moments, it looks to me a lot like the point of the game was not just trying to outrun the supposed two weeks, but to also battle Johnny who actually actively wanted your body for himself.

yeah, although I think pretty much everyone thought it would affect the outcome in the end.

if we combine the countdown with Johnny's first brutal appearance, Misty's pills, zen meditations and choices whether or not give Johnny control in "key" moments, it looks to me a lot like the point of the game was not just trying to outrun the supposed two weeks, but to also battle Johnny who actually actively wants your body for himself.

i also think thats the issue here. The fact these things can influence V in a certain way means there was or is a way for V to actually fight this hostile takeover. But by the Deadline i bet money on the fact that alot of stuff got simply cut and tossed for the game to work in the current state to ship it. Regardless of what the devs had to say about it.

i also think thats the issue here. The fact these things can influence V in a certain way means there was or is a way for V to actually fight this hostile takeover. But by the Deadline i bet money on the fact that alot of stuff got simply cut and tossed for the game to work in the current state to ship it. Regardless of what the devs had to say about it.
yeah but then they just need to add that cut content back in, right? I mean i hope that would give us what we want.

if we combine the countdown with Johnny's first brutal appearance, Misty's pills, zen meditations and choices whether or not give Johnny control in some moments, it looks to me a lot like the point of the game was not just trying to outrun the supposed two weeks, but to also battle Johnny who actually actively wanted your body for himself.
Once i saw them, my first thought was, The Samurai one means if I oppose him, I wont get his traits (being douchebag, smoking) or getting completely assimilated, though later kinda realized its a relation. While third card I thought that if I keep it low, V will live at the end, but nope, means fuq all.
I think that was the intention of them but something really fucked up.
Not only the promotion of the game lied to us, the style of the game lied to us, dialogues lied to us, even fukin damn UI of character lied to us.

I also stand by the theory that Johnny's part changed a lot when they've got Keanu on board as I said here.

Yeah, it's like the post I made this morning:
This made me chuckle.

View attachment 11094440View attachment 11094443
View attachment 11094446

Please, tell me again how this game ISN'T about V's survival? I'll wait. :coolstory:

All of them are about V's fight for survival. The whole game pushes you (as V) towards this objective, then the game right at the very end pulls the rug out from under you.

I think it as said earlier today as well, Johnny Silverhand wasn't supposed to play as big of a role, but Keanu Reeves like the character so much. I don't have anything against Keanu Reeves, they could have written his character better, and ended it better, but I wonder what they originally intended to give us?

I also stand by the theory that Johnny's part changed a lot when they've got Keanu on board as I said here.

How could you get this impression i wonder..........

Attachments

• l8fuj58flqj11.jpg
    l8fuj58flqj11.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 53
I wonder what repercussions this is gonna have for CDPR as a studio in general. First the console fiasco and now an increasing number of players who realize how awful the ending choices are.

This could have been the game of the decade....

Nothing. For better or for worse. They said there would be changes in how the studio functions after Witcher 3 (apology letter and everything for the buggy launch) but nothing really changed internally. People only remember Witcher 3 as a masterpiece now - recency bias.

How many flops has Bioware put out and did it kill the studio or related franchise? No. EA could very well have just absorbed the studio by putting it to pasture but didn't.

Naughty Dog wasn't destroyed by the shaky release of TLOU2 and the faux outrage.

Fallout 76 wasn't the end of Bethesda's future.

Even No Man Sky wasn't the end for a 20 man studio after a failure to launch, replete with a significant campaign of lies.

Once i saw them, my first thought was, The Samurai one means if I oppose him, I wont get his traits (being douchebag, smoking) or getting completely assimilated, though later kinda realized its a relation. While third card I thought that if I keep it low, V will live at the end, but nope, mean's fuq all.
I think that was the intention of them but something really fucked up. Not only the promotion of the game lied to us, the style of the game lied to us, dialogues lied to us, even fukin damn UI of character lied to us.

I thought pretty much the same thing. the first thing that came to mind was the corruption mechanic in Ash of Gods: Redemption where one of the MC could absorb some of the curse from time to time to keep it at bay (otherwise the game becomes more and more difficult as more stronger enemies appear; and it also influences the ending).

How could you get this impression i wonder..........

YES. I was looking for that screenshot, it looks like something from a completely different game now.

First time I started the game I was really hopeful. I thought that despite all the setbacks - like losing Jackie, being robbed of my revenge on Dex, having to work with an Arasaka stooge like Takemura (his character is great, but he's still Arasaka), the horrible fate of Evelyn Parker and many other things where I could not make a difference, I would still somehow make it out alive.

Then I saw the ending.....

When I start a new game now I feel like Roy Batty from Blade Runner. I know my time is running out and yet I grasp at straws. And sadly there is no ending to make this game worth finishing a second time. I just drive around at night with RTX on and gaze at the amazing colors of the city....

Attachments

• photomode_18122020_032221.jpg
    photomode_18122020_032221.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
I thought pretty much the same thing. the first thing that came to mind was the corruption mechanic in Ash of Gods: Redemption where one of the MC could absorb some of the curse from time to time to keep it at bay (otherwise the game becomes more and more difficult as more stronger enemies appear; and it also influences the ending).

YES. I was looking for that screenshot, it looks like something from a completely different game now.
The problem is people complain about timer mechanics, that's why we get so many games with a false sense of urgency. Things like Fallout 1 are both criticized and praised for it. I doubt a true timer mechanic would work well in this day and age, especially for a mainstream game like Cyberpunk.. but they could have at least gave us an rpg..

First time I started the game I was really hopeful. I thought that despite all the setbacks - like losing Jackie, being robbed of my revenge on Dex, having to work with an Arasaka stooge like Takemura (his character is great, but he's still Arasaka), the suicide of Evely Parker and many other things where I could not make a difference, I would still somehow make it out alive.

When I start a new game now I feel like Roy Batty from Blade Runner. I know my time is running out and yet I grasp at straws. And sadly there is no ending to make this game worth finishing a second time. I just drive around at night with RTX on and gaze at the amazing colors of the city....
Feel with ya and I think many more too

The problem is people complain about timer mechanics, that's why we get so many games with a false sense of urgency. Things like Fallout 1 are both criticized and praised for it. I doubt a true timer mechanic would work well in this day and age, especially for a mainstream game like Cyberpunk.. but they could have at least gave us an rpg..
No, it shouldnt be a timer, it should rise up or down upon choices. Like some sidemissions would reduces because of some sort help, some increase if you made wrong choices which would impact the ending. Now it does nothing.

First time I started the game I was really hopeful. I thought that despite all the setbacks - like losing Jackie, being robbed of my revenge on Dex, having to work with an Arasaka stooge like Takemura (his character is great, but he's still Arasaka), the horrible fate of Evelyn Parker and many other things where I could not make a difference, I would still somehow make it out alive.

The game tells you continuously that you can and will find a way to survive. That's the problem. It's not even that V will inevitably die, it's the way the story is told. The ending is contrary to the struggle.

this is where Misty's pills should come in handy. if Johnny's influence leads to faster changing of the DNA or whatever, then taking the pills from the blue bottle should block him and temporarily stop the timer. it could even be something of a rare consumable that we had to ration.

No, it shouldnt be a timer, it should rise up or down upon choices. Like some sidemissions would reduces because of some sort help, some increase if you made wrong choices which would impact the ending. Now it does nothing.
At least in your way it would give players a hint if they were gonna get a good ending or not. Jokes on them though, no good ending anyway. :shrug:

At least in your way it would give players a hint if they were gonna get a good ending or not. Jokes on them though, no good ending anyway. :shrug:
Kinda, but you still would have to pick carefully, unless you already played/spoiled with options. Or as @BGM45 said, pills could come in effect aswell.

this is where Misty's pills should come in handy. if Johnny's influence leads to faster changing of the DNA or whatever, then taking the pills from the blue bottle should block him and temporarily stop the timer. it could even be something of a rare consumable that we had to ration.
I don't even think a mechanic like that would be popular in this day and age. It would make the game a lot deeper though, and personally I would like something like that - so don't get me wrong.

Another issue though is if the game ever at one point wanted Johnny to be an antagonist, that isn't the case today. His story in the finished product is a botched redemption arc. He is supposed to be a co-protagonist.

Top Bottom