Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Hey guys ,for a bug that elevator don't see us in there in stealth option to esacape with elvator i found that you need to go back to toilet let the game see that you made there and rest will be fine from there .

Just hit this mission this morning and have the same issue on PC. Dum Dum is there but I can't interact with him. Guess I just have unlucky timing if they broke this mission with yesterday's patch.
Same problem on every platform. I think devs fixing "following Dum Dum" bug made that one. Probably only way to Fix it is another patch in January.

Same problem on every platform. I think devs fixing "following Dum Dum" bug made that one. Probably only way to Fix it is another patch in January.
A universal mission-breaking bug on as close to a main mission as you're gonna get (without actually being one) definitely feels like a critical hotfix situation rather than something you roll into the larger January release. But who knows.

Last edited:
A universal mission-breaking bug on as close to a main mission as you're gonna get (without actually being one) definitely feels like a critical hotfix situation rather than something you roll into the larger January release. But who knows.
I agree, its very important Quest, for me game breaking. Im that Type of guy who has to complete every mission in gamę. Considering christmas time and new year January patch is more likely.

I hope that someone from CDPR read this forum 😉. I love the game. I have 70 hr and this is first gamę breaking bug i met

Ok, my GOG download worked and I've confirmed that rolling back to 1.04 DOES fix this. However, you must have a save that's before you call Nancy (or maybe shortly thereafter). If you have a save from after you call Nancy, loading it in 1.04 is still broken.

In my case, I had a save from 1.05 that was right before I called Nancy. Unfortunately, as pointed out above the game won't normally load a 1.05 save from 1.04.

However, I was able to get 1.04 to load the 1.05 save by doing the following:
  1. In the metadata.9.json file set "buildPatch" to "1.04" and "gameVersion" to 8
  2. Open the sav.dat file in a hex editor. Near the very start of the file you'll see a byte that's 09:
    editingsave.png

You need to change this byte to instead be 08.
Doing that, I was able to load that save and it seems to all be fine beyond that, since the overall save file format did not change in this patch.

Oh and for as what causes the bug, there is an array in the save file that contains the "god mode entities" which I'm guessing are the NPCs that are unkillable. In the working save files Dum Dum is listed there, but in the broken ones he is removed from that list, which is likely why he doesn't show up.

Same on Computer GoG Version Patch 1.05 Dum Dum is not spawning and there are some dialogs that is not shown but V ist Talking but still nothing happen.... Long time till January Patch. Enough time to watch for other games. : / looks like i got a 500mb patch.
Edit: Hotfix 1.06 is live

Last edited:
Same sh*t, guys.
PC, 1.05 patch.
I have no desire to revert older patch, so game is broken for me now. Until devs fix this.

Playing on XSX and I have the same problem. The most scary thing is having the sensation that there won't be a fix until January. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see them making a hotfix only for this right now, and they already said they won't be releasing any patch until January.

Playing on XSX and I have the same problem. The most scary thing is having the sensation that there won't be a fix until January. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see them making a hotfix only for this right now, and they already said they won't be releasing any patch until January.
Waiting to January patch is sad perspective. I tried every thing to Fix bug even uninstall and install only from disc without patches but game doesn't allow to play offline or without patches. Now i am installing game again with patches. I doubt that will help.

I have the same bug on PC 1.05
There is some invisible dialog, you can press the skip button, but DumDum is not there.

Did the depot download from Steam work for someone? Console tells me that the manifest ID was not found, rechecked the command posted above several times. I think it SHOULD work.

Same here, Base PS4 patch 1.05 Dum Dum can't be found, reloaded multiple times tried a bunch of things doesn't work

Did the depot download from Steam work for someone? Console tells me that the manifest ID was not found, rechecked the command posted above several times. I think it SHOULD work.
It's is blocked by steam. They block it since early this year :(

Ok, my GOG download worked and I've confirmed that rolling back to 1.04 DOES fix this. However, you must have a save that's before you call Nancy (or maybe shortly thereafter). If you have a save from after you call Nancy, loading it in 1.04 is still broken.

In my case, I had a save from 1.05 that was right before I called Nancy. Unfortunately, as pointed out above the game won't normally load a 1.05 save from 1.04.

However, I was able to get 1.04 to load the 1.05 save by doing the following:
  1. In the metadata.9.json file set "buildPatch" to "1.04" and "gameVersion" to 8
  2. Open the sav.dat file in a hex editor. Near the very start of the file you'll see a byte that's 09:
    View attachment 11101076
    You need to change this byte to instead be 08.
Doing that, I was able to load that save and it seems to all be fine beyond that, since the overall save file format did not change in this patch.

Oh and for as what causes the bug, there is an array in the save file that contains the "god mode entities" which I'm guessing are the NPCs that are unkillable. In the working save files Dum Dum is listed there, but in the broken ones he is removed from that list, which is likely why he doesn't show up.

Where did u download the 1.04? on gog page i just have 1.05 installer :(

Top Bottom