The only way to fix the game is leaving it Open Source to Mod Community

+

Will you like to see Mods in the game?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
All for custom modules being created for this game, especially to bring the PC version up to snuff with where it should have been had they just continued production from the 2018 version used to create the demo video.

However, my biggest gripe with community mods is that you quickly find yourself overwhelmed with hundreds of mod choices all doing similar things, alot of them conflicting with one another in some way until the modders come together to merge their edits, etc.

It would be nice if CDPR put together a small but effective mod team which oversees mod approvals, etc. or at the very least helps standardize and maybe even bring the best mods into the full game version as patches/hotfixes. This way the game can get better and better over time while maintaining that easy go lucky convenient player attitude of just hitting play game and jumping right in without having to spend countless hours playing around with mod files just to get the game to load successfully.

Don't expect much so you won't set yourself up for disappointment. CDPR is pretty chill about mods but they have never given tools for TW3.

TW3 has this community quest maker so we prolly could have the same.

Yeap. My head about games are in a personal project too, anyway. =/ But it would be good support from CDPR for moders, I would really like to have Cyberpunk, professions for example ... procedural missions (not the way it is, without routine, something that tells players' the more you do, the faster the game will go die and you, the player, will be like a clown looking at lifeless buildings, with nothing - until the next expansion '). Do you understand my frustration now? This is what bothers me most in CP.

It would be nice if CDPR put together a small but effective mod team which oversees mod approvals, etc. or at the very least helps standardize and maybe even bring the best mods into the full game version as patches/hotfixes. This way the game can get better and better over time while maintaining that easy go lucky convenient player attitude of just hitting play game and jumping right in without having to spend countless hours playing around with mod files just to get the game to load successfully.

I don't recommend it. That would go against the freedom the community has mustered. Free to create any mods they want. That includes mods that break the game deliberately for a more personal tailored experience rather than a collective improvement for all copies. Yeah sometimes it can get a bit busy with all the clustefvck of samey mods. But it also helps improve other mods by ending in collaboration. Which happens more often.

Yeap. My head about games are in a personal project too, anyway. =/ But it would be good support from CDPR for moders, I would really like to have Cyberpunk, professions for example ... procedural missions (not the way it is, without routine, something that tells players' the more you do, the faster the game will go die and you, the player, will be like a clown looking at lifeless buildings, with nothing - until the next expansion '). Do you understand my frustration now? This is what bothers me most in CP.
You're talking about radiant quests like Skyrim to make Night CIty more lived in long after the main game and after all the side missions. Yeah, I'm 100% with you there. Makes for a shallow experience but it is what it is. And It extends my playtime by already having such a beautiful backdrop.
We already have those for TW3 btw

I don't recommend it. That would go against the freedom the community has mustered. Free to create any mods they want. That include mods that break the game deliberately for a more personal tailored experience rather than a collective betterment of all copies. Yeah sometimes it can get a bit busy with all the clustefvck of samey mods. But it also helps improve other mods by ending in collaboration.

You're talking about radiant quests like Skyrim to make Night CIty more lived in long after the main game and after all the side missions. Yeah, I'm 100% with you there. Makes for a shallow experience but it is what it is. And It extends my playtime by already having such a beautiful backdrop.
We already have those for TW3 btw

Yes, but remember, everything will depend on the code and the idea which supports the code. It is one thing to do trivial things, another to have certain tools to do something a little more elaborate. I believe that CP has the basis for this. I had made a topic about my 150 hours (now I'm close to 170) in game. There I gave an example of profession, the general idea, which game already has the code literally ready (need rest of adjustments, of course). I think something fun is possible, without being too simple. It would fall into that idea of 'professions', determine a routine (which can be well elaborated in the general context of the game, of the game's achievements).

No, I wouldn't leave it up to the wider community as an open source and hope for anything better. It takes dedication and few are dedicated enough to spend years working on something that probably won't make them any money. It's extremely rare that you get a modder like Wesp5 (unofficial vampire bloodlines patch) who has pretty much been patching the game on their own since 2004 as a hobby. Most modders are gone from their projects within a couple years.

I don't recommend it. That would go against the freedom the community has mustered. Free to create any mods they want. That includes mods that break the game deliberately for a more personal tailored experience rather than a collective improvement for all copies. Yeah sometimes it can get a bit busy with all the clustefvck of samey mods. But it also helps improve other mods by ending in collaboration. Which happens more often.

By all means, the modders should still have the ability to do as they please and upload non-official mods, I'm not suggesting that their freedom to mod the game is limited. I'm specifically stating that CDPR invests a little bit into harvesting the best and most useful mods and either merging them with the full game or provide them in easily downloadable package form through the games UI. This would serve only to allow for more collaboration between CDPR and the modding community to ensure that the best mods rise to the top and are noticed - not buried underneath 1000 pages of reshade mods, game save files and the hardcore BD rips. Sure you can do some search and sort on Nexus but when we eventually (possibly) have thousands of mods... let me put it this way, if you've tried modding Skyrim using Nexus you probably get my drift. You can literally lose yourself for days going through all the different mods available and then weighing which ones to use because there are so many of the "same" mods from different creators, etc. Then as I said, countless hours to get all the mods to work together as best as possible which can be a real pain in the rear.

By all means, the modders should still have the ability to do as they please and upload non-official mods, I'm not suggesting that their freedom to mod the game is limited. I'm specifically stating that CDPR invests a little bit into harvesting the best and most useful mods and either merging them with the full game or provide them in easily downloadable package form through the games UI. This would serve only to allow for more collaboration between CDPR and the modding community to ensure that the best mods rise to the top and are noticed - not buried underneath 1000 pages of reshade mods, game save files and the hardcore BD rips. Sure you can do some search and sort on Nexus but when we eventually (possibly) have thousands of mods... let me put it this way, if you've tried modding Skyrim using Nexus you probably get my drift. You can literally lose yourself for days going through all the different mods available and then weighing which ones to use because there are so many of the "same" mods from different creators, etc. Then as I said, countless hours to get all the mods to work together as best as possible which can be a real pain in the rear.
They're already kinda doing that by recruiting and ending up paying actual modders into their team. Modders who have proved themselves by doing great mods for TW3. Cause letting modders fix the game for them without earning some kind of compensation for their time and effort would be borderline exploitative. So instead, they just leave them to create on their own volition and if something impressive turns up, they might get recruited and paid.

Fallout 3 with 200+ mods = 800 hours of total gameplay.
Fallout 4 with 400+ mods = 1,000 hours of gameplay and STILL playing.
Skyrim LE and SE Editions with 630+ mods = 1,200 hours of gameplay and STILL playing.

Saints Row with no mods = 60 or so hours of total gameplay. Have not played it in a few years

2021 for Cyberpunk is going to be months of bug fixes. Means if we want content, from new hairstyles, to tattoo's, more robust crafting, no corrupted save game files, etc. that it will be up to modders to create them for us (and be supported by us via donations).

If the game just gets patches and bug fixes and the studio calls it a day, the game will die out faster than any of the Mortal Kombat games and see only a few thousand players in-game rather than the 250,000 playing on PC at the time of this post.

The steam community has already dropped by half (after launch, the first few days saw 800,000 people listed as in-game, then it leveled out around half a million. These last few days it's never gone above a quarter million.

It needs to ether be open to modding, with tools provided, or large amounts of content needs to be added in order for it to survive or even compete with marvelous game like the Witcher 3.

A third-person mod, for example, IS coming. It's in way too much demand because people want to see our characters running around, see our clothing and fashions. CDPR could score some victory points by supporting this natively, or providing the tools to help it's creation
Post automatically merged:

Is why a bit of knowledge goes a long way. I have over 630 mods for Skyrim SE and the game runs just fine with all the extra content, textures, quests, etc. I have added.

There's already 200+ mods available for Cyberpunk, almost none of which will be used again in 6 months.

Same with Skyrim SE. over 30,000 mods are available, but less than 3,000 of them are really used (90% of mods are crap). Of those 3,000, there are a prime 300 or so like A Quality World Map or Race Menu that are downloaded millions of times and used by almost everyone. So in the end, about 1% of total mods are actually used by players.

The good news is that if CPDR decides not to include any official modding tools, someone out in the modding community is going to make tools akin to a script extender. Games that are less popular with zero native mod support have modding tools available and they work great.

The modding community is already at work to put in more hairstyles, outfits, and diversify Cyberpunk so it can shine as the game we all hope it can be

Last edited:
There's already 200+ mods available for Cyberpunk, almost none of which will be used again in 6 months.

200+ mods and a good 3rd of them are mostly key-mappings, reshades and character presets. But here's to hoping. TW3 already has the Radish Modding Tool made by the community. I'm hoping they could make something similar for CP since it's the same engine deep down only upgraded.

200+ mods and a good 3rd of them are mostly key-mappings, reshades and character presets. But here's to hoping. TW3 already has the Radish Modding Tool made by the community. I'm hoping they could make something similar for CP since it's the same engine deep down only upgraded.

And the 3rd person perspective mod is being developed. Previews of a female V walking around in 3rd person, jumping, running, etc. are showing it is viable. In a month or so, the first working version may be available.

Not many people play Mass Effect 1, but new mods just came out for it this last month. Where there is a will, there is a way

sure modding would be nice, but since they will have to build a multiplayer version of the game and it will probably will developed on top of the single player build I see some obvious problems there. I don't have much hope they will let us modify the game a lot as a consequence, risk to opening up the multiplayer build to exploits.

if you've tried modding Skyrim using Nexus you probably get my drift. You can literally lose yourself for days going through all the different mods available and then weighing which ones to use because there are so many of the "same" mods from different creators
When you are not sure, just google it, ie something like "skyrim best multiple companions mod reddit", and everything will be explained there.

sure modding would be nice, but since they will have to build a multiplayer version of the game and it will probably will developed on top of the single player build I see some obvious problems there. I don't have much hope they will let us modify the game a lot as a consequence, risk to opening up the multiplayer build to exploits.
GTA5 had an army of cheaters before Rockstar banned mods, and it still has it even now.
Meanwhile in Path of Exile cheating is nearly impossible after all these years.

Only reliable core architecture of the game can prevent it.

Isn't te MP part going to be a seperate game? In any case they have a whole lot to fix before even thinking about MP.

And the 3rd person perspective mod is being developed. Previews of a female V walking around in 3rd person, jumping, running, etc. are showing it is viable. In a month or so, the first working version may be available.
Yeah I've seen it.

It's rough and you can see that it's clearly not animated for 3rd person but I'm positive cause modders fixed and added a ton of animations for Geralt in TW3. Jogging, jumping, combat, eating and drinking while in combat, sharpening blades, meditation etc. They even added in a 1st person camera and it also becomes clear that it wasn't animated for 1st person. Some people want Gtav or RDR2 with both perspectives when clearly some games are just designed and animated only for a specific perspective,. but I digress. I'm also hoping for 3rd person cause I'm that vain about my character's looks.

Last edited:
Partially true, but I doubt that cdpr will make a modding tool any time soon, they still have a ginormous ton of work so hold on tight

I wouldn't dramatize about Cyberpunk beeing so bad it need so many fixes, but honestly... Skyrim is one of the most popular and successful games ever made, but without mods ? what a giant pile of shit.

So I can picture in like two years from now, Cyberpunk 2077 (2.0) made by the community, that is objectively 100% better game.

I completely disagree. It's fine to allow mods in a game, but I can't stand the attitude of "Let the modders fix it" from either companies or players, and I can't stand it when a game has no "official experience" you share with the other players, and everyone is just completely off in their own world.

I'm not against mods, mods are great, and there are games like Gothic 3 and VtM: Bloodlines where unofficial patches take a really flawed game and elevate it to a genuinely good experience. However, the idea that he developers should leave it up to modders to fix their game is awful.

You see where that gets you with Fallout 76. A company that basically cruised on half assed + modding tools makes a multiplayer game and what do you get? Utter dysfunction. Nobody in their dev team gives a crap because they have outsourced passion for good balance and accessible systems to their modding community for two decades, and guess what, the community isn't charging to the rescue in a multiplayer title. It creates a bad attitude in the company banking on it, and it creates a bad attitude in the community when modding is seen as an excuse for why the devs don't have to fix anything.

I also don't like it when a game's experience becomes wildly divergent because nobody plays the game without mods but everyone creates a different game for themselves. The conversations about the game always inevitably revolve around everyone's list of mods, because you can't even start talking about anything else until you've figured out what your game even has in common with someone else's.

The barrier of entry into the community also becomes very high when the game doesn't have a fun and accessible vanilla version. When you start out with a game and everyone just tells you something different about what you need to download to fix it, you're not having fun, you're being pressured into making decisions about alternate balancing and what not without even knowing what exactly you want to be different about the game. You have to be able to have a good time playing it without mods to really figure out what you would like to be different for a future playthrough.

There should be a good "as intended" experience with a game. There is nothing wrong with a veteran player changing the game from what the devs intended, but it's completely dysfunctional when the devs are excused from creating a game where every element is considered intentional and people question the team's competence when those elements suck.

Modding should be something that extends the life span of a healthy game by adding more content and alternate ways to play for people who have had their fill of the unmodded version. It's good at that. But when a game has fundamental issues modders shouldn't be the ones to fix them unless the game is abandoned by the devs.

Last edited:
Isn't te MP part going to be a seperate game? In any case they have a whole lot to fix before even thinking about MP.
it is but that is just the way it is packaged and released but the code will likely be the same of the single player package plus MP stuff and all the extra content that is MP related and we still don't know precisely.

so for instance if I am able to mod the SP client to change the damage of weapons could I do the same with the MP client and use it as exploit? Having access to SP modding surely will give access to lot of intelligence on how things works on the MP client. This is my understanding though, I might be wrong

Top Bottom