The lack of 3rd person view

+
Whoa whoa whoa, I said I'd rather have a 3rd person option for sure...it just sucks that even if we get a mod, we won't get to see our awesome weapons on our toon, like in the Witcher....it's cool to be ab le to see the weps and the different one's when swapping. The only way I see that heppning is if CDPR actually incorporates the 3rd person on their end...but I would love my V to have his pistol and katana holstered, and his rifle strapped to his back while playing, that's all.
Why would we not? We see the weapons in the inventory screen. Which is 3rd person mode. The models we pick up in the world are modeled. What isn't don't, is proper animations. Fans will either make custom animation poses, or steal exsisting animations from the NPC list.

Just a question , has anyone heard anything about this , I heard rumour 3rd person maybe coming if true .
We defo need it . Buy clothes etc and create a character and gotta stand in mirror to see yourself lol .

Sure is! Just download the 3rd person mod from your friendly modder!
Post automatically merged:

That doesnt do anything for people playing on consle and cant afford a pc

Yep too bad so sad, but game was not made with 3rd person in mind, was always supposed to be first person so if you want to fundamentally change the experience from what the developers intended then the only real way is modding through PC.

Then dont use 3rd person if they release it

They wont, release a 3rd person mode that is, that would be like releasing a first person mode for the Witcher 3

Just because some people want a feature does not mean the developers need to provide it, there is a reason they went with a first person camera for this game.

The decision from CDPR to do a 1st person only,
is because the have to do all the different animations for movement with all the weapons and clothing just for the 3rd person view.
And when the multiplayer comes in the future, some ppl play 1st and other 3rd, that is an unfair situation.
I hope they will be in 1st and that´s it, i had never brought this game when it was a 3rd person game, that for sure.

I hope they come out with third person. First person is a terrible way for me to play, as I have no sense of V's body or its relation to the environment, and the irony of creating your character and then never being able to see them isn't lost on me.

You do get mirrors and photo mode mun, also in ending cutscenes you get to see your character.

As long as we can choose between third and first I am okay with it. Issue with third person is the cover system is built around 1st person, would need to be overhauled to work with both.

Wouldn't a multiplayer version of the game require 3rd person model animations? I could see them implementing it into the original game too.
I can't see how they would get around adding third person if they do go ahead with a multiplayer mode.

Of course, multiplayer is a long way off right now, so too would be any kind of work on third person, no doubt.

Issue with third person is the cover system is built around 1st person, would need to be overhauled to work with both.
NPCs already use cover. And again, multiplayer.

While I long for a 3rd person mod like many others, I'm afraid that it is little more than wishful thinking at the moment.

Last time I followed modders working at a 3rd person mod, they were trying to alter the camera position with cheat engine. Besides that they still had to work around headless V (which is used for 1st person view) by enabling the head with console commands. I've read that the console commands would be removed with update 1.05. I haven't checked myself, but is this is true, the modders have to look for another solution for headless V.

Then there's still the matter of animations. If you (probably) saw the youtube video of cineagle, you'll see that animations aren't fit for a 3rd person view: extreme wide shoulders, hunchback,.... And this is for walking, running and jumping alone.
If they want to alter those animations, then the 3D model, or at least the skeleton for the animations, needs to be imported into 3D editing software. Later it has to be exported back into the game without any flaws.
In some games, like the resident evil franchise, modders succeed without the need of support from the developers. But most games would need support from the developers of the game in the form of extensive modding tools like the creation kit for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

I think until CD Projekt Red releases any form of modding support, it will be hard as a rock to release a decent 3rd person mod. Even then I think we have to satisfy ourself with a 3rd person mod for only walking or roaming around between missions, as those are the least complex to alter. Maybe this changes when animations for a multiplayers are made, who knows?

I also saw someone mentioning unequiped guns or rifles hanging at V's back or something similar. In Skyrim they've created such a mod called Armed to the Teeth. Even the developer's support a script extender with (of course) extra scripting had to be created to make such a mod possible. If Cyberpunk 2077 receives a toolkit similar to that of The Witcher 3, then very dedicated and talented modders are needed for this to happen. How they would do it is beyond me. My modding knowledge and experience limits itself to rextexturing, a bit meshmodding and tinkering with the hex editor.

For me walking and roaming around in 3rd person in a primary first person game is enough, just like I would in games like Skyrim and Fallout. Like someone else mentioned earlier to me in this topic: To give me a nice vibe now and then to see my "barbie doll" walking around, before going back in action.

Last edited:
Initially I was worried about a lack of 3rd person view as I tend to get motion sickness from First person view games. But so far it hasn't bothered me and now I'm used to it. It does bother me I don't "see" my character as often as I wish but hitting N from time to time helps.

You do get mirrors and photo mode mun, also in ending cutscenes you get to see your character.
If I would get 1 euro for everytime this counter-argument is brought up, I could finance CD Projekt Red myself to add an optional 3rd person view.

A mirror here and there, the inventory screen and a static photomode with a library of poses. Good for you if those features satisfy you. For many it just doesn't cut it, it doesn't do the character creator any justice.

And those mirrors, those futuristic mirrors which turn opaque if you don't actively use them. Why create such an expensive type of mirror if our classic mirrors work at least as well? And no, don't tell me it is because you can check your e-mails. V and all npc's have augmented reality for that, or simply a computer in their living room or workspace.
Such an unconvincing way to camouflage technical limitations and/or to eliminate the need to provide a full 3D model for the 1st person view.
To know that even Doom 3 in 2004 already had fully fledged mirrors. Maybe even older games.

Funny fact: Anyone who noticed that the cars ingame don't have windshield wipers? I always try to convice myself that they've found a way in 2077 to circumvent the need for those.

Gamers tired of other gamers, complaining about lack of 3rd person, will have accept it (or not) at some point that the lamenting will go on for a long time to come. The developers should have seen this one coming. It's their quirk, their tree, and they're sitting in it.

Last edited:
Hope for a third-person view might well lie with the modders. Remember Brink? Yep, Splash Damage was adamant about going only first-person. Eventually, modders delivered a viable third-person mod. It's still my preferred method of play.

A mirror here and there, the inventory screen and a static photomode with a library of poses. Good for you if those features satisfy you. For many it just doesn't cut it, it doesn't do the character creator any justice.

If you are just looking to admire your character's looks and the clothing they are wearing then yeah I am not exactly sure why you would need anything else? Unless I am mistaken and there is some other hidden advantage to the 3rd person camera that you are absolutely desperate for? Greater field of view?

And those mirrors, those futuristic mirrors which turn opaque if you don't actively use them. Why create such an expensive type of mirror if our classic mirrors work at least as well? And no, don't tell me it is because you can check your e-mails. V and all npc's have augmented reality for that, or simply a computer in their living room or workspace.
Such an unconvincing way to camouflage technical limitations and/or to eliminate the need to provide a full 3D model for the 1st person view.
To know that even Doom 3 in 2004 already had fully fledged mirrors. Maybe even older games.

Yeah no real argument from me here, it is quite silly.

Funny fact: Anyone who noticed that the cars ingame don't have windshield wipers? I always try to convice myself that they've found a way in 2077 to circumvent the need for those.

If the vehicles in the badlands are anything to go by I would say it is because they don't use the traditional windshield, if I were to take a guess it is more of a digital visual interface with outward facing cameras to simulate a clear windscreen while having a much more structurally solid windshield, you will notice even the rear view mirrors are replaced with cameras, still does not explain the other cars that clearly do have clear windshields and the lack of wipers is probably an oversight but still.

Gamers tired of other gamers, complaining about lack of 3rd person, will have accept it (or not) at some point that the lamenting will go on for a long time to come. The developers should have seen this one coming. It's their quirk, their tree, and they're sitting in it.

And gamers tired of developers not catering to their demands for a 3rd person will need to go suck a lemon, seriously mun there was a reason this game was designed with first person in mind and while there are a few people complaining about the lack of this features most gamers either accept that this is how the game was made or even prefer the first person mode, not every game is going to cater to everyone's tastes mun.

Top Bottom