Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
One aspect that we both forgot was the PS5 and XSX version of this game. Surely that will take up a lot of dev time as well.

The PS5 and 4 versions are the same version just on a different machine. Most of the "bugs" on PS4 aren't actually bugs, but the result of the machine choking which leads to the engine breaking.

One aspect that we both forgot was the PS5 and XSX version of this game. Surely that will take up a lot of dev time as well.
The PS5 and 4 versions are the same version just on a different machine. Most of the "bugs" on PS4 aren't actually bugs, but the result of the machine choking which leads to the engine breaking.
Which is why this game should never have been developed for that hardware. PS5 and XSX are fine, they're certainly not the biggest sore spots. Not everything can be blamed on hardware constraints, but the PS4 version seems most messed up right now and developing for those systems certainly put limitations on what was possible to achieve.

My understanding is they will be getting the PC version for those machines while for now they are running emulated version of their older generation counterparts. Those machines were definitely not up to the task of properly running this game. Heck, even people with inferior PC hardware are having issues such as the big crashes

Last edited:
This is what I want to see CDPR work on and fix in the coming year:

- You can't customize weapon skins in any way, which I think should be possible, perhaps not for Iconic weapons, or maybe Iconic weapons have even cooler skins you can change between.

- There is no way to upgrade or work on your vehicles. And you can't sell or get rid of one if you bought it by accident or don't want it anymore. This breaks immersion to a high degree in a game like this. And so far it only feels like Borderlands without the cartoony graphics. Let us make that shitty car into a beast in one or several garages, just like they have ripperdocs and so on.

- The random NPCs out in the city streets are wearing cooler clothes than V can ever get. Depending on the random loot of gigs and whatever you may get something nice you haven't seen before, but as I see it more than HALF of the the clothes I have seen on NPCs are not available from neither loot nor clothing stores around Night City. Please let us be able to get access to ALL the same clothes we see on NPCs.

- If you are dead set on making this multiplayer crap I'm hearing about you will lose most of your players. Multiplayer is NOT where your attention needs to be. Stop it. STOP.

- Traffic in the game is bizarre. I often like to drive normally and not be a complete maniac to try and RP or immerse myself into the game. But that is very difficult when cars just stop at random and NEVER move again for no reason, no obstacle no red stop lights etc. Traficants don't even attempt to drive around your stupidly parked vehicle, and very often cars will just change lane right in front of you, sometimes sending you flying into an NCPD patrol that ends up calling for reinforcements immediately so they can murder you for being cut off by a dumbass. Just.... Please make traffic more intelligent.

- On the topic of traffic, you will encounter NCPD on the streets of Night City, but to great frustration they will simply view you as a threat and immediately try to kill you for just walking casually up to them and looking at them for too long. I tried this with a patrol cause I wanted to see what they were doing, and this droid cop right away starts shouting "YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO COMPLY, MOVE AWAY FROM THE PREMISES" and I nearly shit myself. Note: They were just standing somewhere looking into the great nothing. I realize that fixing the wanted system and the police in general is a matter of some pretty hefty coding, but I can also murder like 10 cops in City Center and just run for 30 sec and they will forget all about me while frantically spawning in random locations behind me.

Now... Over to romance. This is what made me completely lose interest in the game as a whole, and I will explain why.
In for example Mass Effect or Dragon Age, what I remember the most from those games is the way I chose to play them around my choice of romance. The romance aspect in games like these have such a strong impact and absolutely does make or break a game. There is such a lack in depth when it comes to romance it feels completely flat and desolate of all immersion, that is AFTER successfully completing a romance.
For instance, I did Judy's romance and I LOVED it! The missions, the dialogues and just everything about it was amazing up to the point where you finish her story and successfully romance her. After that it all turns sour, there is no more interaction other than the same 3 repeating lines over and over, some cute texts and then that's it.
Now I will quote myself and another user "Trinixy" from some other threads regarding this issue which is currently ruining the whole game for so many people. This is what we think would bring a CRAPTON of life and immersion to the game:

This is a merge of 2 comments from the thread "Romance options and updates", both pretty much saying the same things, but I think both comments have really solid points:

MY COMMENT FROM "Romance options and updates":
I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)

QUOTING USER «TRINIXY»:
The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

And to anyone who actually read all this: Please make CDPR see this. They need to.

Get a girlfriend mate or play date-sim.

It will never work like this. It would take years to build it.

And even if they would create such complicated relationship system there is no console capable of running it. Game bearly run at all.

Wow... judgemental much? I repeat, if CDPR wants to remake Cyberpunk for free, great... But in the real world where I live, it is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... gosh people remove your head from your ***...
The only realistic choices for the 2-3 years to come are simple :
1/ CDPR adds DLCs and FLCs, but those will NOT change deeply the game. If you are happy with the game as is (a looter shooter with some narratives) that should be your vote
2/ CDPR just abandons Cyberpunk and goes for Witcher 4 (or anything witcher related)
3/ As I proposed, make Cyberpunk 2 re-using as much as possible assets from the 1st game. This way they could make it both interresting for the players (finally making a great game) and the investors (because in case anybody forgot, CDPR is a public company)

All the rants about turning Cyberpunk 2077 into what they promised is pointless and childish
Those are the "realistic" options, but the problem with those options is that CDPR comes out of each of those options smelling like they just took a bath in cat vomit.

If they announce a revolutionary RPG, hype the game as a revolutionary RPG, and then ultimately leave that "revolutionary" game as a middle of the road looter-shooter with a story that really isn't more engaging than anything we've seen in the Borderlands series then who trusts them on anything in the future?

Hey everyone, today we are proud to announce, from the makers of the biggest damn marketing lie in gaming history, the next installment in the Witcher series, Witcher 4!! It will have X, allow you to do Y, and you can absolutely take our word for that!!

How many will be impressed by that? They were the creators of the Witcher franchise, but now they're the creators of CP77, and that is going to stick for a while until they do something remarkable to earn back the trust. Imagine if they just fix the worst bugs and call it a day on CP77, "promising" instead to get everything right in Cyberpunk 2? Who would trust that? The expectation for CP2 at this point is GTA Online with all the worst flaws of Fallout 76, but certainly oriented towards live services BS, with nothing but a middle finger for the SP segment.

So all the "realistic" and "rational" answers are not sufficient. There is no "reasonable" path back for CDPR, the way I see it. They are stuck on a one-way track to being a discount EA or Take-Two or ActiBliz with much less economic muscle behind them, and it will take something crazy to get off that track. Or they can do what pretty much everybody expects them to, keep going down that track, and then lose the one competitive advantage they used to have. Those are the options, and since the world has enough EA already, I really hope they'll do the crazy thing and at least try to climb out of the corpo swamp.

Seeing how things are right now with CD Project Red. Refunds, Law Suites, Rating Dropping Quickly as time Passes, Investors Furious and Suspicious with CDPR, Criticism of the game Dropping Left and Right All over the Media. Right now, CDPR is in a Total Shit Storm and Dealing with A LOT of things right now at Ounce.
Personally to me, I Enjoyed the Game. Wasn't really bad (Other Than the Bugs) and wasn't really that Good. it is what it is Honestly. I guess Mediocre at Best? I don't know. But wasn't anything to go Crazy About in my Opinion. Very Underwhelming. I can say it Plays Very Similar to Ubisoft's Far Cry Games for sure.

Honestly I'm more Disappointed in the Game than anything, only because I like it that much. So much Wasted Potential and Lies. They Majorly Overly Promised and Under Delivered. So much Cut Contented and Features, Basically 90% of the Original Game was Cut. (Only thing they didn't Cut was the Title of the Game) A lot of the time this would be Expected, but to go from some Ground Breaking RPG that they Bragged so much about up to the Release Date to Suddenly on Release to be a Looter Shooter is Really, really Crazy. And that doesn't take into Account of how much of a Mess it is in General on Console and PC.

So I was Curious, How the game is now.
Do you think they should Overhaul the Whole Game? Deliver on those Promises and just in General make a Cyberpunk 2077.2. Similar to FF14 and Anthem and Many other Games.
Or
Stay the way it is and just keep on the Path of Updates, Hot Fixes, DLCs and Expansions? MAYBE making up for the Cut Features and Bugs down the Line?

Seeing how things are right now with CD Project Red. Refunds, Law Suites, Rating Dropping Quickly as time Passes, Investors Furious and Suspicious with CDPR, Criticism of the game Dropping Left and Right All over the Media. Right now, CDPR is in a Total Shit Storm and Dealing with A LOT of things right now at Ounce.
Personally to me, I Enjoyed the Game. Wasn't really bad (Other Than the Bugs) and wasn't really that Good. it is what it is Honestly. I guess Mediocre at Best? I don't know. But wasn't anything to go Crazy About in my Opinion. Very Underwhelming. I can say it Plays Very Similar to Ubisoft's Far Cry Games for sure.

Honestly I'm more Disappointed in the Game than anything, only because I like it that much. So much Wasted Potential and Lies. They Majorly Overly Promised and Under Delivered. So much Cut Contented and Features, Basically 90% of the Original Game was Cut. (Only thing they didn't Cut was the Title of the Game) A lot of the time this would be Expected, but to go from some Ground Breaking RPG that they Bragged so much about up to the Release Date to Suddenly on Release to be a Looter Shooter is Really, really Crazy. And that doesn't take into Account of how much of a Mess it is in General on Console and PC.

So I was Curious, How the game is now.
Do you think they should Overhaul the Whole Game? Deliver on those Promises and just in General make a Cyberpunk 2077.2. Similar to FF14 and Anthem and Many other Games.
Or
Stay the way it is and just keep on the Path of Updates, Hot Fixes, DLCs and Expansions? MAYBE making up for the Cut Features and Bugs down the Line?

Business logic gives us a fairly clear answer.

Would you

a) Rebuild and regain the lost brand value by fixing and polishing the current released game, to build hype and anticipation for the DLCs. Each sold expansion rises the probability of a new copy of the core game being sold and building a franchise that will make the follow-up game a certain success.

OR

b) lose face like never before, just go with "deal with it" - attitude, make some half-assed DLCs and leave CDRP in ashes after over 10 years of hard work and dedication to make it into the studio they are today. Pretty much start over.

Business logic gives us a fairly clear answer.

Would you

a) Rebuild and regain the lost brand value by fixing and polishing the current released game, to build hype and anticipation for the DLCs. Each sold expansion rises the probability of a new copy of the core game being sold and building a franchise that will make the follow-up game a certain success.

OR

b) lose face like never before, just go with "deal with it" - attitude, make some half-assed DLCs and leave CDRP in ashes after over 10 years of hard work and dedication to make it into the studio they are today. Pretty much start over.
Thing about Business Logic is it's very Unpredictable. Reason why Companies never Experiment with much of anything and go the "Safe Route" To insure Steady Profited. If they do Experiment, then it's so minor it doesn't make a Dent in anything for them.
There's no Logic here as much as you try, just what to Expect cause anything can go right or Wrong, Especially in the Gaming Biz. It's like a Fickle Whore, you never know what's going to Get her On or Off, but it's going to be Costly that's for sure.

I expect them to just keep the Game as is and just Work on that. There's still room and Time to Blow our Minds with it I guess. It's the Safest thing to do.
They wanna Gamble again, then they can do the Latter and see where that Takes them. Doubt it but, Never Know.

This was my only shot at seeing a shadowrun style game on this gen xbox or ps4....i dont care how but i want what was sold to me.
Post automatically merged:

Gta online has proven you don't have to move on.

Prioritize bug fixes, stability and performance, release whatever they're working on currently then move on
this game is missing so much content thats been cut, and whatever we have in the final game is so half assed, like the character creation/progression, the driving, the looter shooter diarrhea, the fact that half of Pacifica is inaccessible, same goes for nearly most of Arasaka Waterfront, and you can't just simply "fix" the story

i only speak for myself but i don't want to go back 2-3 years from now to play whatever i already played only with lots of band aids applied, i'd rather wait a couple more years to get something new and fresh, not being held back by ancient console hardware, and with a better leading team with a better, clearer vision of what they want the game to actually achieve
because nearly none of the promises they made back in 2012 conference has been delivered, just let it go

Prioritize bug fixes, stability and performance, release whatever they're working on currently then move on
this game is missing so much content thats been cut, and whatever we have in the final game is so half assed, like the character creation/progression, the driving, the looter shooter diarrhea, the fact that half of Pacifica is inaccessible, same goes for nearly most of Arasaka Waterfront, and you can't just simply "fix" the story

i only speak for myself but i don't want to go back 2-3 years from now to play whatever i already played only with lots of band aids applied, i'd rather wait a couple more years to get something new and fresh, not being held back by ancient console hardware, and with a better leading team with a better, clearer vision of what they want the game to actually achieve
because nearly none of the promises they made back in 2012 conference has been delivered, just let it go

I don't want a new story. I like this one. I like the city, I like the mood, and I like V.

I've already seen this bullshit before. People complained about WATCH_DOGS and they got a WACKY and happy weird WATCH_DOGS 2.

Follow through on what you've already established.

But that's simply not what happened here. The game was coming along fine until sometime in 2019 some execs made the decision to change the game completely from a Cyberpunk RPG into a Johnny Silverhand action game.

If you take the time to watch and read the interviews, this is NOT the game they were working on until VERY recently.

Fucking funny, 'cause I saw the same shit and I can tell that the game they were going for was the one that we got.

Fucking funny, 'cause I saw the same shit and I can tell that the game they were going for was the one that we got.

It's funny if you've played Cyberpunk 2020 because there's HUGE chunks of the original game, including a whole adventure module from the original game in the material.

I'm pretty sure Prior to Keanu, we'd still have Silverhand in our head.

For years following sentence was set in stone between me and my boyfriend, when we discussed games:
"Well, this game is good/okay (RDR2 etc.), but.... Witcher 3 is the best :whistle:."

Of course they catched Looter Shooter-Fans and people that are okay with the fact that they changed it storywise to a linear Action Adventure. I think this is the reason why the opinons are so different. I'm okay with Action Adventures, if they was selled as one and are high quality. God of War, for example. Nice game (...of course W3 is better).
But I hate (Looter) Shooter, got 2-3 Far Cry on my steam-account and never finished one. So it was often pure torture to finish CP2077. Because almost every quest ended with bambamBAM! and teteteTE! and the gigs - no, I'm trying to forget that.

People like me, they lost. Openworld-RPG-Fanatics, who got "Geralt forever" painted over their forehead.
And no, imho they can't fix that part, even if they wanted to.

So the only relevant question for CDPR is: how many RPG'ler they lost. How many millions copies less they will sell in the future without us?
They should fix the bugs and mechanis and go with their "new" customers.

If they announce a revolutionary RPG, hype the game as a revolutionary RPG, and then ultimately leave that "revolutionary" game as a middle of the road looter-shooter with a story that really isn't more engaging than anything we've seen in the Borderlands series then who trusts them on anything in the future?

When did CDPR staff say that the game was revolutionary? Clickbait journalists certainly overhyped the game in hopes of traffic. Same bunch is now shitting on the game for not being what they imagined the game to be.
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure Prior to Keanu, we'd still have Silverhand in our head.

That would remove all the stakes from the story, especially if you befriend Johnny. Where would the story be heading? Nowhere fast. And if Johnny doesn't really add to the story, why have him there in the first place? As some whacky sidekick?

Putting the story on a timer gives it dramatic weight.

For years following sentence was set in stone between me and my boyfriend, when we discussed games:
"Well, this game is good/okay (RDR2 etc.), but.... Witcher 3 is the best :whistle:."

Of course they catched Looter Shooter-Fans and people that are okay with the fact that they changed it storywise to a linear Action Adventure. I think this is the reason why the opinons are so different. I'm okay with Action Adventures, if they was selled as one and are high quality. God of War, for example. Nice game (...of course W3 is better).
But I hate (Looter) Shooter, got 2-3 Far Cry on my steam-account and never finished one. So it was often pure torture to finish CP2077. Because almost every quest ended with bambamBAM! and teteteTE! and the gigs - no, I'm trying to forget that.

People like me, they lost. Openworld-RPG-Fanatics, who got "Geralt forever" painted over their forehead.
And no, imho they can't fix that part, even if they wanted to.

So the only relevant question for CDPR is: how many RPG'ler they lost. How many millions copies less they will sell in the future without us?
They should fix the bugs and mechanis and go with their "new" customers.
As much as I HATE THIS, Your honestly Right. Makes sense either way.
Personally I WISH and HOPE they could Fix this and make it the RPG They Promised but it seems like what's done is done and there's no turning back but to keep on moving and using what they got. Sucks a lot, least for me but whatever I guess.

I don't think this game is going to get the hello games treatment unfortunately
I don't think so either, they are very different companies, but what angers me the most is not the INcomplete product, are the ways to deliver it-
Do you want to walk?
Do you want the turn response with the car to be better? engine change ?
Do you want crowds of people to be less ... idiots?
Do you want reshaders=?

Now you can!!! and there are mods for it in NEXUS

which is just the job they should be doing or having done. if we start from that base, literally, they can take the modifications and implement them, the community will continue to improve the game faster than the developer, so now what =? At least they should be ashamed and put some tools and a platform for it, but noooo, they say that the mmods tools go later so as not to break the original experience .... what original experience =?

As much as I HATE THIS, Your honestly Right. Makes sense either way.
Personally I WISH and HOPE they could Fix this and make it the RPG They Promised but it seems like what's done is done and there's no turning back but to keep on moving and using what they got. Sucks a lot, least for me but whatever I guess.

I think the only thing left is indie, period. Leave everything else to the kiddies and the swooning complacent fans. CDPR has shown their true colors, if they regain trust, I'll be shocked, but I think gaming is a dead hobby for the most part outside of the indie rare gems now.

I think the only thing left is indie, period. Leave everything else to the kiddies and the swooning complacent fans. CDPR has shown their true colors, if they regain trust, I'll be shocked, but I think gaming is a dead hobby for the most part outside of the indie rare gems now.

But CDPR is an indie developer, in the truest sense of the word. They aren't beholden to a publisher or it's deadlines.

Top Bottom