[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Now go to your witcher folder and locate the TWEditor and right click and select "open with" and use the browse button and navigate to
C>Windows>System 32 and scroll down until you see javaw and select it . Then try the editor shortcut once more .

Pliskkenn said:
I followed your instructions, but couldn't find javaw in that folder.

... This is where I've durped isn't it?

Not necessarily . Try the open with and browse buttons again but this time navigate to C>Windows>SysWOW64 and see if javaw is there . If it is then select that one .
You may need both 32 and 64 bit versions of java
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I could use some help with this..

I've placed the "TWEditor.jar" file in my data folder, sent a shortcut to the desktop, but i'm kinda clueless as to what to do from there. I've tried running the shortcut as it is and all i get is "Unable to locate The Witcher installation directory".

I've looked at some posts in this thread and i noticed that there's no Javaw.exe on my computer.

EDIT

Just looked at the above post and managed to find the javaw.

EDIT

Nevermind, it works now.

Tommy said:
Not necessarily . Try the open with and browse buttons again but this time navigate to C>Windows>SysWOW64 and see if javaw is there . If it is then select that one .
You may need both 32 and 64 bit versions of java
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

So I found javaw in SysWOW64, however selecting it seemed to produce the same error message. Downloading 32 bit now

Pliskkenn said:
So I found javaw in SysWOW64, however selecting it seemed to produce the same error message. Downloading 32 bit now

Having done this... it still didn't appear in my System 32 folder. What :/

I'm aware I'm PC-Illiterate, but I've followed these steps fairly well. Not sure how I've managed to make this not work :_:

Pliskkenn said:
Having done this... it still didn't appear in my System 32 folder. What :/

I'm aware I'm PC-Illiterate, but I've followed these steps fairly well. Not sure how I've managed to make this not work :_:
ok then let`s try it by open with and browse and this time browse to C:\Program Files(X86)\
Java\jre7\bin and select javaw and retry the shortcut once more .

Tommy said:
ok then let`s try it by open with and browse and this time browse to C:\Program Files(X86)\
Java\jre7\bin and select javaw and retry the shortcut once more .

Frustratingly it says the same error message as before. When I select it, it seems to default to the java program at the top in recommended programs? Is this what could be causing the problem or does that mean the java at the top is already using javaw?

Pliskkenn said:
Frustratingly it says the same error message as before. When I select it, it seems to default to the java program at the top in recommended programs? Is this what could be causing the problem or does that mean the java at the top is already using javaw?

Copy your target line and paste in your next post . Something seems off a little .

Pliskkenn said:
I think it's best we just abandon it. Thanks for committing the time to try and help me though.
It`s whatever you decide . What were you attempting or maybe better what were you going to do?

Tommy said:
It`s whatever you decide . What were you attempting or maybe better what were you going to do?

Whelp, you're probably going to laugh at how small this is. You know in Chapter 1, you get the potion to make from the Hellhound that gives a silver talent? Well no matter how much save back tracking I did, I couldn't get it to reappear. But I didn't want to feel disadvantaged so wanted to try and edit the recipe back in so I could use it. Well, eventually I just carried on. I thought it was best to stop trying to get it ti work as I'd nearly finished the game by the time I said we should give up.

I'm now on to Witcher 2 >.>

I kinda feel bad as I feel I've wasted your time a fair bit on the chase. Still not sure why it didn't want to work as I only ever did as asked each time. But at this point there's no point worrying further. Now on to Witcher 2 to be bad at combat again :p

Pliskkenn said:
Whelp, you're probably going to laugh at how small this is. You know in Chapter 1, you get the potion to make from the Hellhound that gives a silver talent? Well no matter how much save back tracking I did, I couldn't get it to reappear. But I didn't want to feel disadvantaged so wanted to try and edit the recipe back in so I could use it. Well, eventually I just carried on. I thought it was best to stop trying to get it ti work as I'd nearly finished the game by the time I said we should give up.

I'm now on to Witcher 2 >.>

I kinda feel bad as I feel I've wasted your time a fair bit on the chase. Still not sure why it didn't want to work as I only ever did as asked each time. But at this point there's no point worrying further. Now on to Witcher 2 to be bad at combat again :p/>
Seems logical to me .

No need to feel bad at all and the time wasn`t wasted . That`s what i`m here for , to help in whatever way I can . I have to admit though . This is one nut I couldn`t crack :p

This tool doesn't work with 64-bit version of Java.

If you only have 64bit JRE, and this is probably the case since there is practically no reason to run a 32-bit system nowadays, you need to install the 32-bit Java.

Tommy said:
Seems logical to me .

No need to feel bad at all and the time wasn`t wasted . That`s what i`m here for , to help in whatever way I can . I have to admit though . This is one nut I couldn`t crack :p/>

Yeah it got a bit crazy. I was impressed with how many ways you conjured to attack it though.

tommy said:
ok getting closer . I really don`t like java script .

C:\windows\system32\javaw.exe -dtw.install.path="c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition" -dtw.language=3 -jar tweditor.jar
this worked thank the lord :d

I recently dug out my copy of the Witcher 2 to give it a replay. It automatically updated to the Enhanced Edition of the game. When I attempted to use the Save Game Editor I got this message:

Exception during program initialization

jaca.io.IOException: Localized strings database C:\Program Files(x86)\The Witcher 2\Data\dialog_3.tlk does not exist

TWEditor.Main.main(Main.java: 203)

My version of the game has no "Data" Folder. Within my Withcer 2 directory the only folders are as follows: bin, CookedPC, Launcher, and Redists. That's it.

When I run the TWEditor shortcut it automatically creates a "Data" folder within my Witcher 2 directory, but of course it's empty because MY version of the game never had a "Data" folder. I've attempted to place the TWEditor.jar file into this "Data" Folder, but I end up with a Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error: Unable to access jarfile TWEditor.jar.

My system runs Windows 7 64-bit and the target on my short cut is:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 2" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

and the Start in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 2"

Now I believe that the TWEditor was written for the Steam and GOG versions of this game and not the original Retail version. And what's happening is that it cannot find the "Data" folder because non exists for the original Retail game. It attempts to create one, but it's an empty folder. Can someone confirm this for me or perhaps help me figure it out? Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Top Bottom