Help with getting NPC to sit please

+
Help with getting NPC to sit please

So far, I've made a band with a person playing flute, drums, and violin. I have some chairs in front of them and I'm trying to get some some NPCs to sit. I have a chair, I see several actions that seem possible to work, but I don't know which one to use. Also, do I need 2 actions, walkto and the other action that makes him sit? I guess I need 2 action points as well? One for walking, and one for sitting? Do I need to change anything under the chair properties? Such as the attributes/action ? Hopefully somebody can help me out.Thanks

You can make your action point a placeable.Don't put a chair down ahead of time; figure out where you want your character to sit and put an action point there. Double click on the action point, and a window will pop up that will allow you to set the attributes for your action point. Just select the appropriate placeable from the list under "action placeable," and your action point will turn into the appropriate object. This is very cool!All of this is explained in the Djinni Wiki, here: http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Action_points

@Corylea:Don't confuse the people with stuff from the Wiki, that doesn't work correctly.... :whistle:If you wanna make a NPC sit, you can try it with a placeable as actionpoint, but for me that thing never worked, it only works with the "stools", not with the "chairs" !If you want your NPC to sit on a real CHAIR, you have to place the actionpoint so under the chair, that the top of the ap directly fits with the NPC's ars, yup, that's the way it goes. Then use the "chair2" to sit on that chair both in ap and in the Spawnset, you have to make sure, that there is enough place between the chair and a table or another placeable, that the NPC can do the action.Should look like this:

Hey, thanks for the answers!!So I have the NPC sitting, but at first I have him walking. So he walks to the chair, sits down for 3 sec. , then gets up and walks back to his spawnpoint and disappears. I just want him to walk and sit down and stay seated.I'm working on it right now, so if I fix it, I'll delete this question.Thanks

if I fix it, I'll delete this question.
Please don't do that. If you've had this question, other people will, too, so if there's an answer in the forum, they can look it up.
HexenmeisterRaven said:
@Corylea:Don't confuse the people with stuff from the Wiki, that doesn't work correctly.... :whistle:[If you wanna make a NPC sit, you can try it with a placeable as actionpoint, but for me that thing never worked, it only works with the "stools", not with the "chairs" !
Ah. I've been using stools, so I thought it did work. Sorry! I wasn't trying to be confusing.

Thats true, I won't delete the question regardless.But Raven said that the chairs don't work that way, but the stools do.My NPC still disappears, he walks to the stool, sits down, gets up and goes back to his spawnpoint and disapears.

Yes, Corylea, most people are using only those "stools" instead of real chairs, that "chair" thingy was over in the german forum and one has solved it...CDPR used in "Price of Neutrality" and in "Sideeffects" only stools, maybe they haven't figured it out as well. :teeth:@Codyw32Try to set only the action for the chair, set it to 90% and set another ap with walk or something else to 10%, that should do itEDIT: Or try to use different Phases with two Spawnpoints, one for appear and one for disappear.

codyw32 said:
My NPC still disappears, he walks to the stool, sits down, gets up and goes back to his spawnpoint and disapears.
What times do you have listed for your NPC to spawn and despawn? My NPC's walk to their stools, sit down, and do whatever else I've told them to do (eat, drink, play dice, etc.).
codyw32 said:
Yes, Corylea, most people are using only those "stools" instead of real chairs, that "chair" thingy was over in the german forum and one has solved it...
Well, thanks for sharing the expertise of the German forum with us!
CDPR used in "Price of Neutrality" and in "Sideeffects" only stools, maybe they haven't figured it out as well. :teeth:
*laugh* That would be fabulous!

codyw32 said:
My NPC still disappears, he walks to the stool, sits down, gets up and goes back to his spawnpoint and disapears.
In the spawnset there's a setting "Actions Looped" (TRUE/FALSE). I don't remember well, but if it's FALSE the NPC should do just what you said.bye

nandusso said:
nandusso said:
In the spawnset there's a setting "Actions Looped" (TRUE/FALSE). I don't remember well, but if it's FALSE the NPC should do just what you said.bye
Nope, that's not correct. Loop just means, that he is doing those actions again and again, if this is set to False, the NPC will do the action once and then disappear and do it never again.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
HexenmeisterRaven said:
HexenmeisterRaven said:
Nope, that's not correct. Loop just means, that he is doing those actions again and again, if this is set to False, the NPC will do the action once and then disappear and do it never again.
I think that's what nandusso meant -- that setting it to "False" would result in the problem the OP complained about.

Corylea said:
I think that's what nandusso meant -- that setting it to "False" would result in the problem the OP complained about.
Yes.About the sitting action I did the same thing times ago, but, I don't know why, I modified the mbd of the chair so it didn't load the pwk file. Now I see that it works also with "normal" chair... bah! misteries of my mind...Anyway, this I'm sure ;D, to make it works you have to import the file npcactions.2da into your module and change the line for the action w_h_chair2: Animation--> w_h_chair2, PostAnim--> w_h_chair2_post, PreAnim--> w_h_chair2_pre, because by default there's not the "2", and, in fact, I can't find the animation w_h_chair editing the models in Djinni (under the source model "work").Then, see in game where the npc sits and put the chair in the right place. For example I've put mine in front of the chair.bye

I'm having some problems also with actions. I am trying to have an NPC sit down, which he is, but also clap while sitting down. Do I need another action point for clapping, probably, but I dont want him to stand up and clap but remain seatiing.Thank you

@Nandusso:That's fine, but in your pictures all the chairs are far away from the tables, because of the place for the actionpoint, that is not really looking "real".Have you tried to change the 2da and place the chairs more next to the tables? And if they shall only sit there and eat or drink, the a-point is working fine with my method. I have other actionpoints for other actions, but so it's looking more "real". ;)@Eagles_BandYou can try to change the 2da-files like Nandusso has done, but normally for "clapping" there is only the action while standing. Search for the entry for "clapping" in the 2da and have a look at this line, I didn't check it, but maybe it's possible to make the NPC sit while clapping.

Top Bottom