Spawns and Distances

+
Spawns and Distances

Hi there, I've a new question about D'Jinni.

I'm want to design a wolf pack, walking along a rout through the area. (like the woref pack in capter 3.)
I copied the spawnset from CDPR but my problem is that the wolf pack firstly appears only when I'm near a certain place (see the attachment).
Never mind which value I enter in Appear or Disappear Distance, the wolves appear only at this distance, where I can see them.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

So the wolves are already present in the area no matter what distance you enter? Or they appear only at a particular distance and you see them spawning?

Anyway, you can always enable the spawnset not by attaching the script to the module/ area properties, but by creating a trigger in some place in the area and attaching the script with EnableSpawnPhase command to the trigger in its OnEnter properties. When Geralt enters the trigger, the wolves will appear, though their sudden spawning in front of the player may look unrealistic.

It doesn't matter where i run the script, the wolves start moving only at a particular distance.

The trigger is located near the broken bridge in gl24 but i ever see them moving from spawnset towards the first action point when i walk across the hill in the screenshot above.

Try adding more Action points and maybe more spawn points and check the region names. If there are many wolves, they need a decent amount of action points. All the actions have certain probability. If you set a high percentage of walking and running, they must walk and run no matter what.

There are enough Spawn and Actionpoints, the actions all work fine. There is no problem.
When I run the script the wolves spawn (I know it because of an error message because of an item carried by one of the wolves, this message only appears when the wolves spawn) but they didn't appear. Only when I'm close enough to see them, they will appear and start running around.

I considered using NPC files instead of Spawnfiles.

OdinsAuge said:
There are enough Spawn and Actionpoints, the actions all work fine. There is no problem.
When I run the script the wolves spawn (I know it because of an error message because of an item carried by one of the wolves, this message only appears when the wolves spawn) but they didn't appear. Only when I'm close enough to see them, they will appear and start running around.

I considered using NPC files instead of Spawnfiles.

What EXACTLY does it say in your spawnset? Can you upload the spawnset somewhere so we can look at it?

In the archive you'll find the spn file.
As I mentioned, i tried all combinations of spawn type and spawn condition, i also copied the settings of spn files from woref and some other monsters which you can't see spawning, from the original game.
The result was always the same.

I've looked at your spawn set. Let me make sure I understand what you're trying to do.

You want these monsters to spawn all the time, regardless of where Geralt is -- is that right?

You've entered very large values into the "Appear Distance" and "Disappear Distance" boxes, but I suggest that you put a zero in those boxes, instead. Putting in a zero will make the spawn file ignore distances and just spawn the creatures all the time.

Another thing I see is that you've got "Always Start at Begin" set to "True," which means that the wolves will walkto1, then walkto2, then walkto3, then walkto4, then go back to walkto1. Is that what you want? If you just want them roaming around randomly, you can set "Always Start at Begin" to "False."

I see that you've got "Respawn Condition" set to "Never." So your wolves should spawn the first time Geralt sets foot in this area, but if he leaves it and comes back, they won't be there anymore. Is that what you want?

Lastly, you've got every action set to 100%. CDPR does that in their spawn sets, and it seems to work for them. But Djinni has taught me to be paranoid , and if I were you, with four actions like that, I'd set each one to 25%, so that the four of them total 100%.

Try the zero in the "Appear Distance" and "Disappear Distance" boxes and let me know if that works for you. (Or if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do and what's going wrong for you, then please explain more thoroughly.)

Good luck!

Top Bottom