Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saul had more time? I liked him, and yet a 'borg smashed his head into bits. At least Saul knew it was a suicide mission... This shows that writers should include more heart wrenching moments into the DLC ;).
More meaningful ones sure! But they must have a proper purpose.

Guest 3847602

No.. They put it in as a legal phrase so nobody in the USA can sue them is a Pixel in the final product is misplaced.
They all do it and everybody knows why they do it.

Why do American coffee to go cups have the phrase "content could be hot" on them? So a brain dead customer who gets the mouth burned or let's the coffee get cold can't sue them for their own idiocy.

This however was misleading. Especially when you look at the title the video. Gameplay trailer. Well it was not really gameplay if Schreier is correct.
It might not be legally relevant but their reputation took a hit and their reputation is what sold their games.
That may be a factor, but I remember someone from development team mentioning reaction to TW3 downgrade being the reason for why they chose to market CP2077 the way they did (first to journalists, then to the public with this disclaimer). Who knows, could be either way... :shrug:

Both the very recent video put out on their official channel and the twitter response are very disingenuous and, sorry, not sorry statements riddled with excuses and finger pointing. The company continues to disappoint me and dig themselves a bigger hole.

Both show that they're trying to paint the PC Version as a "Mission accomplished" version of the game. Like it's the masterpiece they promised. Yet anyone that does even a little bit of research (As in watches some press release stuff and trailers) notices enough things that are ignored. But even if you put all that aside, just playing the game shows how many started, yet unfinished mechanics are in the game. Plus, "Reviews" are for marketing. It's the opinion of a few people. While Gamers are less differentiated in their feedback at least it's honest. Even the kneejerk reactions. Maybe even especially the kneejerk reactions. I am pretty sure we'll hear "We've listened to our gamers... blah blah blah" pretty soon. Which, of course, will probably barely cover any of the things the gamers actually talk about. If any.

Which also would be perfectly fine if they would at least own up to that. But they are just owning up to bugs and glitches.
There is nothing but marketing speak in those statements. If they'd at least address player concerns, (especially from their OWN community forums) where they don't cherry pick those concerns that fit their agenda, it would be something. Which they won't do because that would make them vulnerable to the same criticism if they don't be true to that either.

I get that they are in a difficult position. They f'd up and now have a huge player base against them. Many with very valid points. Not addressing (or even acknowledging) those points. Addressing them would at least give them temporary breathing room. But it would also mean they will be held to whatever they claim again. And you better believe they won't be doing that. All we get is the usual ambiguous marketing bs. Which still baffles me to this day that companies think it's a valid tool to communicate. Your audience isn't that naive!

There is a reason their stocks went into a free fall, loosing almost 40% of their value. Which is still damn impressive and in my book well deserved.

They don't owe us anything. But the same goes for us not owing them anything. Defending a company is the most idiotic thing there is for consumers. It's a none living entity. It has no feelings that can be hurt. They F up, they get called out for it. Then they get a chance to fix it. If they manage, good. If not, it's entirely their problem. No one elses. So my appeal to gamers, care about the game but do not care about CDPR. They are not worth it.

Last edited:
The only thing that needs to happen from us players, is to provide well thought out ideas and allow them the time an space to make CyberPunk 2077, which is already a great game, even better and the master piece it deserves to be.

Agree 100% and the only thing CDPR could do is to listen and take the suggestions in consideration, sorting out what is actually achievable and what is not, of course.

Ooooooh, i get it, i'm insane when i notice unfinished things all over this "masterpiece"; it's only the unrealistic expectations that i had, (or as one blatant and active shill said: "What cut content!? They're not responsible for people imagining things") no cut content, there was no content or mechanics cut from the game ; well then, i stand corrected. Bravo Mr. Badowski, BRAVO!

So good to see people not lie through their teeth. Stupendous! Absolutely stupendous!

but you have deduct the car chases where if you dont a press a single button you still finished them alive so cut a few
? which one?
i mean...
i didnt try to do nothing in panams car (but i know you can die when you save saul)
and i didnt try do do nothing in the tank
on the others your car can explode

Problem with the game is that biggest work, in selling terms, was done by the success of TW3 and the marketing/PR.

TW3 is the past, CP77 and TW3 are even on some kind of the scale with TW3 on the one side, CP77 on the other.
CDPR from 2020 is practically eating fruits of the CDPR 2015, all the hard work is being exchanged for the CP77.
People are going compare each one. Gwent no gwent, Blood Baron liek quests- no BB quest, story riddled with contracts and intresting quests - story that you need to look hard for one (Paralez, Delamain), story with choices (Ciri fate/continent fate/Novigrad and so on) - well the so called endigns.
And there is the PR - 2018, 2019 demo, tons of tweets, interviews in between. Its basically GTAV/RDR2 vs CP77/TW in future. Going through 2018 is painful, many things cut, very few added instead. 2019 deep dive demo with Pacifica description (expetacion and reality collision) sounds like a very bad joke. The rest is not easier. It easy to said that well, we removed it because for us it made no sense, than said well we didn't give much instead.

Saying that 2020 version if the final form, studio is proud of it... is just leaving a really bad taste.
Directions are great, wont lie about this, game looks amazing, OST is just RAD, characters are there, story beyond Johnny story arc has a lot of potencial along with the city as the game world, but this is just it - the beginning. The rest... well its up to see.

? which one?
i mean...
i didnt try to do nothing in panams car (but i know you can die when you save saul)
and i didnt try do do nothing in the tank
on the others your car can explode
One of them is the one with Jackie after you rescue Sandra Dorsett, you can just stand still without shooting and the cars will just explode on their own at some point.

The reason i didnt go deeply into it is because there are already enough threads with features that are missing, cut content or whatever you want to see in my comment. It would just make it unnecessary long. Everyone understands what i say when i talk about missing features, as there are enough threads.

The point about this thread is that according to Adam Badowski, this is the final game. THE INTENDED game. So maybe you want to list features that are in the game, so we can see how many features this "final game" has.

Like that reddit post that was total bullshit?

Funny that you can't even name one in this reply. And you said ZERO, NO features. Come on name something and don't just say someone else said it. You know why? Because I can totally destroy about 95% of their claims. So kindly please name one or two of the most important features that are missing or that were cut. This shouldn't be hard to do if there are SO many.

Guys, do not make a war for a game, for god's sake.
It's clear to everyone they cut half of the game and we won't see anything apart bug fixes.

Again more hyperbole? How about listing some of them. Half??? One or two is all I ask.

Listen, you can hate the game, thats fine by me. You can rate the game whatever you want, but looking at the game OBJECTIVELY, this game is NOT BAD. That is a fact, if you like it or not, thats up to you.

Everyone has a subjective opinion about this game, but objectively this game is not bad. Period.

;)
The game is "not bad"? Well, imagine thinking you're buying a Ferrari and then you end up with a Fiat. Looking at that car objectively, it's NOT BAD! But it still aint a Ferrari, is it? Now imagine that the dealer that you thought was going to sell you a Ferrari is trying to argue that the darn Fiat is totally a Ferrari, because some drunk journalist rated the drive in it pleasant enough?

For the record, I agree that the game is not "bad", at least not in the state it's in at the moment on PC. It's not a 4/10 experience. It is not Ride to Hell. But it sure isn't doing that US Army "be all you can be" thing, is it? One can argue if features were "cut" or just never implemented, but the end product is about three quarters short of a full pie, and I don't think there's really much of an argument about that.

The city is very big and it looks real nice. Guns feel pretty decent, sound nice enough. Gunfights can at times be very entertaining and the move and gun and hack gameplay works well when your level is right for the enemies you are fighting. That's the good stuff.

The story could've been decent, but it feels like it got "trimmed down" in rather unfortunate ways. The outline of a good story is there, but the execution is sure not George RR Martin level, is it? And the characters, some of them are decent enough, though the interaction with them ends rather abrubtly. And of course there's the problem of some of them dying before we really bond with them. Cars look nice and some of them are even decent enough to drive, though the engine sounds could use some work. Some of the quests are well-made, though a lot of them are a bit short. That's the meh stuff.

Then there's crazy physics, the flatlined AI, holes in the game world that you fall through, very little interaction with the city, bad crafting, bad item system, bad balance, a whole heap of perks and mods that aren't doing anything, lack of player agency, a pretty horrendous UI, a flavour information system that doesn't convey information effectively, lack of player customization, and a bunch more that I can't be bothered listing. Those are the parts where Gordon Ramsey brings up some sandwich bread and asks you what you are. To which Adam Badowski would probably respond: "I am very proud of this dish, IGN gave it 10/10!!" or something.

And you can argue that you yourself don't mind those flaws. That is fine. I don't mind if you overcook paste a bit or put too much pepper in the sauce. But those are

Linear? nobody cares? honestly i wouldnt if they wouldnt advertised that.
See 13:17 mark the reason i bought this game was story and story branching, choices as in their other game. It is bad product if you will watch these videos and please dont say everything subject to change, sure becoming better but not worse.

OK really that's your evidence? Did you watch the whole video? I just did. After a few minties talking about stuff and Pacifica it spends even more time talking about the backstory of the Animals, Voodoo Boys and Netwatch. It then talks about you choices in that quest. BTW all of this is IN the game right now.

So you focus on a very specific line that starts at 13;17. But what was said?

"And that' was just a glimpse of how complex the branching story line in Cyberpunk 2077 can get."

So far it's 100% accurate. CAN get and this quest was just like this.

They go on "Every decision you make will have consequences." And they do. Some very minor consequences but they are there. Punch the ripperdoc near jig jig and you miss out on some real good cyberwear. They never said these consequences would impact the endings. That is your interpretation.

The final part talks about your relationship with Johnny.

So you do realize that a commercial (and that's what this video was) always acts like it's the best car in the world, the best vacation in the world, the best food in the world etc. The problem is people build something up in their mind that was never explicitly stated. It's called marketing where there are implications to make people infer what they want to believe.
Post automatically merged:

The game is "not bad"? Well, imagine thinking you're buying a Ferrari and then you end up with a Fiat.

Wow talk about a fallacy in argument. Did you pay the Ferrari price for the Fiat? Nope. So failed analogy.

Ob
Well, imagine thinking you're buying a Ferrari and then you end up with a Fiat.
Except the car dealer told you the "Ferrari" was just a prototype and "everything" could change in the course of time. And you had every means to research what the final product is. I tried to explain this in other threads so I will not further argue about that.
Again more hyperbole? How about listing some of them. Half??? One or two is all I ask.
There are no metrics honestly. People are just saying what sounds convenient: half, 80%, everything... Sad thing is, this "half the game is cut" narrative will make people hope to get the "other half" of the game by next year and we will see a second wave of disappointment.

Like that reddit post that was total bullshit?

Funny that you can't even name one in this reply. And you said ZERO, NO features. Come on name something and don't just say someone else said it. You know why? Because I can totally destroy about 95% of their claims. So kindly please name one or two of the most important features that are missing or that were cut. This shouldn't be hard to do if there are SO many.
Notice how many floors you can pick in the elevators? Think it was always just entrance and mission floor? Notice the description of gorilla arms. Seems like they used to do something for strenght. Not anymore, though. Now they're just clumsy boxing gloves. Notice all that food and drink in the game? Ever wonder why there are so many items that do exactly the same damn thing? Presumably because at one point there was an idea of doing something immersive with food, but then things had to be streamlined to save time. That perk that makes you invisible in water, why do you think it is there? The sixth attribute spot that opens up after you say hi to Johnny, what do you think that is?

But hey, you can "totally destroy" a whole 95% of all claims about stuff that isn't in the game, despite how the premise back in 2018 was a living world and groundbreaking role-playing game and what we have now is a completely dead world and a game that fundamentally is not trying to be a role-playing game.

The game is "not bad"? Well, imagine thinking you're buying a Ferrari and then you end up with a Fiat. Looking at that car objectively, it's NOT BAD! But it still aint a Ferrari, is it? Now imagine that the dealer that you thought was going to sell you a Ferrari is trying to argue that the darn Fiat is totally a Ferrari, because some drunk journalist rated the drive in it pleasant enough?

For the record, I agree that the game is not "bad", at least not in the state it's in at the moment on PC. It's not a 4/10 experience. It is not Ride to Hell. But it sure isn't doing that US Army "be all you can be" thing, is it? One can argue if features were "cut" or just never implemented, but the end product is about three quarters short of a full pie, and I don't think there's really much of an argument about that.

The city is very big and it looks real nice. Guns feel pretty decent, sound nice enough. Gunfights can at times be very entertaining and the move and gun and hack gameplay works well when your level is right for the enemies you are fighting. That's the good stuff.

The story could've been decent, but it feels like it got "trimmed down" in rather unfortunate ways. The outline of a good story is there, but the execution is sure not George RR Martin level, is it? And the characters, some of them are decent enough, though the interaction with them ends rather abrubtly. And of course there's the problem of some of them dying before we really bond with them. Cars look nice and some of them are even decent enough to drive, though the engine sounds could use some work. Some of the quests are well-made, though a lot of them are a bit short. That's the meh stuff.

Then there's crazy physics, the flatlined AI, holes in the game world that you fall through, very little interaction with the city, bad crafting, bad item system, bad balance, a whole heap of perks and mods that aren't doing anything, lack of player agency, a pretty horrendous UI, a flavour information system that doesn't convey information effectively, lack of player customization, and a bunch more that I can't be bothered listing. Those are the parts where Gordon Ramsey brings up some sandwich bread and asks you what you are. To which Adam Badowski would probably respond: "I am very proud of this dish, IGN gave it 10/10!!" or something.

And you can argue that you yourself don't mind those flaws. That is fine. I don't mind if you overcook paste a bit or put too much pepper in the sauce. But those are
Next one, who did not get my point. Stop quoting me, if you guys dont understand what I'm sayin

By the way. I never expected a Ferrari.

Ob

Except the car dealer told you the "Ferrari" was just a prototype and "everything" could change in the course of time. And you had every means to research what the final product is. I tried to explain this in other threads so I will not further argue about that.

There are no metrics honestly. People are just saying what sounds convenient: half, 80%, everything... Sad thing is, this "half the game is cut" narrative will make people hope to get the "other half" of the game by next year and we will see a second wave of disappointment.
If he talks up a Ferrari and delivers a Fiat then would he really expect me to trust him ever again? If he wants to pull a caveat emptor and argue that it's on me to not trust his word and properly research how full of lies and bovine excrement he is then surely he wouldn't expect me to ever do business with him again, would he?

So are you arguing that those of us who heard CDPR blabber on endlessly about wanting to make a groundbreaking RPG should infer that CDPR is tired of us buying their games and don't really want us to do it again in the future?
Post automatically merged:

Next one, who did not get my point. Stop quoting me, if you guys dont understand what I'm sayin

By the way. I never expected a Ferrari.
It hardly matters what you or I as individuals expected. Plenty of people did expect a Ferrari. And I did agree with you that the game isn't "bad". But is it everything they've been talking about for the last couple of years?

Last edited:
If he talks up a Ferrari and delivers a Fiat then he can't expect me to trust him ever again? If he wants to pull a caveat emptor and argue that it's on my to not trust his word and properly research how full of lies and bovine excrement he is then surely he wouldn't expect me to ever do business with him again, would he?

So are you arguing that those of us who heard CDPR blabber on endlessly about wanting to make a groundbreaking RPG should infer that CDPR is tired of us buying their games and don't really want us to do it again in the future?
As Goodmongo stated, groundbreaking, amazing, spectacular, mindblowing... those are just marketing talk and always has been. To decide whether the game delivers is up to you, the player. Every producer markets their product as something special, that is their job. And do not forget that the hype surrounding the game emerged in June 2018, before they even showed that demo. So players were going crazy about the idea of a cyberpunk RPG without seeing any gameplay and they called it GOTY!!!. Don't tell me CDPR hyped the game too much. They just did marketing like any other company. Who overhyped the game was the media, youtubers and the fanbase. Sooner or later players will admit this to themselves.

The game is not worth the full price it charged no matter how you argue, even on PC.

Fanboy mindset apart.
This game looks good and the soundtrack is also great but that's it. Literally.
Older games have more guns and a better fighting system (Borderlands)
Older games have more cars and better car AI (GTA 3 to 5, Need for Speed titles even the old ones)
Older games have better dialouge and better methods of influencing the world around you (Baldurs gate, DA:O, Kotor, etc.)
Older games have better AI in general for their NPCs be it combat etc. (Kotor, Fable, Deus Ex,)
Older games have better characters, character depth and a way better story that makes more sense. (Saints Row, Deus Ex, Kotor, Dragon Age Inquisition: Yes i really said that)

If you put the fanboy mindset apart this game looks amazing especially the interior of every car is different and the soundtrack is on point and really amazing.
BUT with a objective mindset on the game it is neither the masterpiece they promised nor a shadow of it.
It is like a corpse that was animated to live that just barely made it over the finish line by some electrocution to make it go twitching over the finish line.
The game deserves neither a full price nor a 9/10 or 8/10 or a 10/10 review. So a review that gave this high score is already lying.

What makes me mad however is the fact that the devs had crunch for 4 years or longer which is not only rough it is downright insulting to them to use their work in this unpolished and unfinished build to cash in and ignore whatever they said from "this isn't ready" or "We need more time" and simply by looking at the witcher 3 we all know they can do it and they would have done it if someone didn't just push it out regardless of issues.

I don't care who is at fault nor does that help. But the devs do not deserve this at all. We know what they can do and what they would have done given time. And if i ever read again that any dev has to crunch for 4 years for making a game which all their effort was almost for nothing because they have to push out a unfinished product i quit supporting this company forever after 20 years of support.
No human deserves this kind of work environment. I do not care if i have to wait for a game for 10 years if it is good. Gaming industry needs change but the work environment also needs to change.

PS: I won't pay a single penny for any cut content DLC nor will i buy anything of this company ever again if that happens. Free DLC for cut content. New stuff maybe. But unless the game becomes what was promised for years this company won't see a dime from me and i am not alone with this mindset.

Well it looks like Angry Joe also caught on to it and he gives his opinion on this situation. He also talked about the demo and final game comparison, since he actually played the demo and he literally laughed at Adam Badowski's comment about how the final game being better than the demo.
its on 26:29 and 30:15 if you look for that specific reaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom