In game character Perspective!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
tpp lets me look around corners and over walls without putting myself in danger....hard to argue with positives like that.
Actually it’s easy to argue with that. After all, such unrealistic features can ruin one’s immersion.

yes exactly, and whats the point of all the customization if first person is even an option
To repeat myself from page one:
As for the people saying that they prefer the latter [that is, the Third Person] because they want to see what their (customizable) character looks like: This can be achieved in the First Person Perspective as well. Developers just have to be not lazy and let you see the whole body (that is, torso, legs and arms) when you look down. Other than that you can always put mirrors in the game for that purpose ;p

You must look horribly unfashionable in real life, by the way. After all, what’s the point in putting on nice clothes if you are stuck in First Person Mode :) ?

Actually it’s easy to argue with that. After all, such unrealistic features can ruin one’s immersion.

for gameplay, i prefer being able to look around corners and use other unrealistic tactics.....i mean, it is a game, not irl.

that said, for immersion purposes, id take 1st person over 3rd. staring at the back of ones head doesn't let you drop to a respectable depth imo.

what i sort of expect this game to be, is more of an urban environment warZ-style map/rpg in a deus ex setting with hints of shadowrun for taste. 1st person makes cyberpunk games really pop for me....good thing i voted for the both option.

Make no mistake, I’m not opposing the use of the Third Person Perspective in this game. I just wanted to point out that this isn’t something that is unilaterally regarded as positive (as you argued).

Since guns are a big thing in the CP universe, i would really like to see some solid shooting mechanics. i prefer FPP, but since there's so much customization TPP would be awesome. So, BOTH PLEASE.

Make no mistake, I’m not opposing the use of the Third Person Perspective in this game. I just wanted to point out that this isn’t something that is unilaterally regarded as positive (as you argued).

whats more viable tho:

sticking your head out to see whats down the alley and possibly some of your body
spinning your screen to look down the same alley while staying under cover

on a side note, theres a game called "crimecraft:gangwars" that uses both fps/tps functions....guess which view range succeeds....but i get what your saying

Depends on what you mean by viable. I guess I could ask you a similar question that implies my answer.

What is more viable though?
• Using auto-aim to lock on enemies and simply circle through them to change targets
• Take aim yourself and risk missing

:p

feels like were at an impasse here. my answer will almost always end as "tps ftw", and yours vice verse.

frankly, 1/2 the game is prolly better in fps while atleast the other 1/2 is better in tps (imo)....

Again, I have no qualms with the Third Person if it is done correctly. It’s just that even though this is the case I’m not gonna ignore its flaws and not take them for what they are. I can live with them but I won’t deny them.

Again, I have no qualms with the Third Person if it is done correctly. It’s just that even though this is the case I’m not gonna ignore its flaws and not take them for what they are. I can live with them but I won’t deny them.

exactly.....but finding a reasonable person on the internet is awfully suspicious.....

First person with full body awareness is my favorite thing ever (DMoMM, Riddick, Thief 3, Mirror's Edge), but third person is much closer to CDP's comfort zone and I expect it's what they'll go for.

Third person 100% you can't do a good melee and fight combat like this

Not the shame, something cool, funny and atractive like that but with the variations of a good RPG, and with the auments, there will be a lot of different fight styles, you can't do that well with a first person perspective, or if you add both, the game will be like fallout, fps controls but you can see all with third person perspective

if it comes to melee, it gets sort of hard to conceptualize. will it be lock-on melee like in gta? will it be like batman:asy/city where you just mash buttons until everything is "dead"? is it like AC where you just wait to block-counter for kills?

For me Person Perspective its what creator want a game how it looks like
In 3rd Person Perspective players get more sense of what kind the "thing" they are playing at
as game progress main character will change some how like his/her Identity or custom that was made by players' decision
Its much stronger feeling such as Deus Ex : Human Revolution which view they use make player feel much on character himself than previous series
Oppositely, Halo no matter how master chief changes play can get any thing except from cut-scenes

In 1st Person Perspective you can make more personal view on how enemies look and environments from main character.
Player can understand more your weapon design or even players tech interface such as Deus Ex, Borderlands or Crysis

Personally I like players are allowed to switch between 1st and 3rd in the cyberpunk game.
Because in 1st pp view high tech weapons won't just simply shooting things, it can also been designed to be able to transform to sword or something else.
In that view creator can make pretty awesome animation on how those weapon works and how other tech weapon around character's wrist looks

In a game Alone in the dark(2008) Which design a pretty imperative interface to show how player store their item into a limited place.
Also they have to think how to use limited place to care enough items to solve the puzzle in a head.

Alone in the dark is basically a 3rd pp game but when shooting situation comes player can switch to 1st pp to aim enemies.
That just very good design for both action and shoot game works.

Fist fighting situation in Deus Ex, it gives players another option to achieve non lethal style to finish a mission.
In Dishonoed It makes pretty repayable chance to see what if I kill or no kill this character will going to change in future.
Its a ideal design for a sand box game, however creators have to put more affair on this kind of design.

Either ways, I believe what ever CDPR decide it will be a great game. And I am looking forward to see it. :D

Third person all day erryday. But both Witchers were in third person (with the first giving the option of a top-down perspective) so I imagine that'll be the perspective we get.
Which is great. Because it's going to have a character creator, and that'd be completely pointless if we couldn't see our character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom