CDPR situation - Open letter

+

mbrto

Forum regular
i think their only mistake was to try to release it for last gen consoles.
the game itself is pretty much exactly what i want

So, having that in mind, if you purchase a 4K TV and when the TV arrives, you open the box and inside you find a big 2K TV instead, based on your reply your only justifiable reaction would be "I wish this TV were 4K". You don't have the right to say "This f------ TV is a piece of..." because then you'd be a hater and not a constructive critic.

Is that what you're saying? I'm trying to understand where is the line between "I HAVE the right to be mad and having what i purchased" and "Well, it's not that bad, i can maybe give some advices to make what i purchased better no matter if this is not what i was advertised".
From my perspective, i unpacked a FHD TV that I didn't think will even start and it did in 4k resolution. Didn't think my old GPU was capable of such graphics.

But this is not a TV, you can't go to a forum of the company and say: i would like to have 4k on my HD TV can you patch it? It's not even a movie when you watch it's over, you can change it, only make a sequel at its best or release uncut version. This is a game, that can change a lot even after release, hence if you don't like it then give it 0/10 rating and forget it, if you like it but want more or changes then tell what changes you want. If the game is 0/10 for someone it's complete waste of time of theirs and everyones actually.

Also, this is not a sequel, this is first game from this devs set in this world. Nobody knew how the game really was until they played it, unless you created the game in your imagination before buying... If you do that you will fail with all games unless it's some simple type of game then maybe.

As a software developer I think I can answer that. What it means that 2018's gameplay is called a fake demo is that it wasn't really a demo from a technical standpoint, as in a demonstration of implementation. If what former workers of CDP/CDPR were saying is true, this was heavily scripted proof-of-concept (POC), basically a mockup of what they intend for the game to look like, not how it looks at the moment. Sure, to create this POC actual models of characters, places and objects were created, that were later used in actual game (hence why it looks the same), but there was very little or nothing underneath, that would differentiate it from just a scripted cutscene.
Yes, i know this. It would be however fake if it didn't look like in the demo, otherwise the demo which means demonstration did demonstrate the game pretty well, hence word fake here doesn't make sense unless you want to manipulate.

So basically you are also complaining.
The game have more potencial then it shows, even if it's one of the best games ever IMHO it's not the best, at least yet.

It was stated by pretty much everyone, even CDPR that journalists and streamers were sent/played a well packed demo.
Work in progress and they changed/scrapped stuff days before releasing the game. Hell, they even changed the genre from RPG to action adventure all of a sudden.
You didn't notice shitting on other companies? Check their twitter ( we leave greed to others, LOL fifa ) and get a sad laugh.
Anyways, no point arguing with someone in denial as I don't have to prove anything to you nor anyone else. You enjoy this mess? Good for you, I have other standards and I admit that I've fallen for the hype they generated around this game but I won't take the blame for that.

P.s: Perk system complex? Lol...
So you are saying they are greedy more then Fifa? Free DLCs, lower initial cost then Fifa, no pay to play systems in-game... Have you even player FIFA?

For me it's a mix of action RPG, quite similar in the game type as Skyrim actually.

They explained what happened, that they tried to eliminate the bugs but didn't make it in time, now they are fixing those. If I want to show something i have worked on ofcourse i will show the best not the worst.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i know this. It would be however fake if it didn't look like in the demo, otherwise the demo which means demonstration did demonstrate the game pretty well, hence word fake here doesn't make sense unless you want to manipulate.
Well... no.
Demo is for demonstrating a work-in-progress product, an already implemented code that is further expanded.
POC is for demonstrating of how the product is intended to look like and behave, but it's just a mockup and in no way it can be called a demo.
Good example of something similar are edible products adverts. There are a ton of videos on the iternet that shows how some of them are prepared, e.g. engine oil as a maple syrup, or mashed potatos with food coloring as icecream. They look real (or even better than real) and delicious, but it doesn't demonstrate the actual product, only the intended look of it.
Fakeness of this "demo" comes from it not being one. This wasn't the playable with full-on mechanics demo.

Last edited:
Cmon dude, aesthetically the game is gorgeous let's not get it twisted, but that's it. How can people just shrug off the games failiures as just last gen problems.

It CAN be gorgeous. On a high-end PC, 2/4k with everything high it's a very beautiful game.
On an average PC it's a decent game.
On consoles it's a mess. And a lot of people bought the game on console...

It CAN be gorgeous. On a high-end PC, 2/4k with everything high it's a very beautiful game.
On an average PC it's a decent game.
On consoles it's a mess. And a lot of people bought the game on console...
I'm on a ps5 and it's undeniably beautiful, and some characters are well wrote, but that's really where the list of praises ends, there's literally nothing else I can highlight about the game positively, other than how satisfying it is to punch people with gorilla fists, the rest is flat

Ultimatum okey, how old are they? There's something called refund, my advice is to use it when you're unhappy with game or it doesn't work (GOG:The updated policy let you refund a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played ). You see - I solved your problems with game.
If that's how you want to handle it fine. The rest of us don't feel as defeatist about it and want what we paid for.

mbrto

Forum regular
Cmon dude, aesthetically the game is gorgeous let's not get it twisted, but that's it. How can people just shrug off the games failiures as just last gen problems.
its not just beautiful, the story & gameplay are exactly what i want.
imho the only failure is spending time & resources in downgrading it for weak hardware.

its not just beautiful, the story & gameplay are exactly what i want.
imho the only failure is spending time & resources in downgrading it for weak hardware.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I agree visually, and story wise is subjective... but the gameplay?? if you mean the traffic a.i. Or the police wanted system, or the civillian a.i. Or the interactivity of the world, or the enemy a.i, or the inventory management, or the sandbox activities, if you mean that gameplay, then I respectfully disagree with you bro

Ultimatum okey, how old are they? There's something called refund, my advice is to use it when you're unhappy with game or it doesn't work (GOG:The updated policy let you refund a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played ). You see - I solved your problems with game.
No refund on Steam so it doesn't solve the problem. CDPR should have taken the bill for Steam and then maybe people will repurchase in the future. They can have their bad game, I just want my money back.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I agree visually, and story wise is subjective... but the gameplay?? if you mean the traffic a.i. Or the police wanted system, or the civillian a.i. Or the interactivity of the world, or the enemy a.i, or the inventory management, or the sandbox activities, if you mean that gameplay, then I respectfully disagree with you bro

Don't forget the weapons, the armor, the economy, the physics, the minimap, the mission map, the driving...

From my perspective, i unpacked a FHD TV that I didn't think will even start and it did in 4k resolution. Didn't think my old GPU was capable of such graphics.

But this is not a TV, you can't go to a forum of the company and say: i would like to have 4k on my HD TV can you patch it? It's not even a movie when you watch it's over, you can change it, only make a sequel at its best or release uncut version. This is a game, that can change a lot even after release, hence if you don't like it then give it 0/10 rating and forget it, if you like it but want more or changes then tell what changes you want. If the game is 0/10 for someone it's complete waste of time of theirs and everyones actually.

Well, i wouldn't think i could run 4K content on a HDTV if they advertised their product correctly. If they insist that I CAN run real 4K content on my HDTV, then i have all the right to complain and ask for a refund or sue them. It would be stupid if i complain based on that and someone said: Oh, but you really thought you could run 4K content on an HDTV? Well, OF COURSE I DID, i was advertised i could. People buy things based on advertisements.
Post automatically merged:

Well, i wouldn't think i could run 4K content on a HDTV if they advertised their product correctly. If they insist that I CAN run real 4K content on my HDTV, then i have all the right to complain and ask for a refund or sue them. It would be stupid if i complain based on that and someone said: Oh, but you really thought you could run 4K content on an HDTV? Well, OF COURSE I DID, i was advertised i could. People buy things based on advertisements.
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention that if I expect to buy what it was advertised and then I get another thing / not working thing it means that I cannot trust you. If I cannot trust you it means that you are a liar or a scammer, then why should I defend you?

If that's how you want to handle it fine. The rest of us don't feel as defeatist about it and want what we paid for.
You can refund game, why won't you do it? If you don't want to refund, you accept what game is, time to move on.
No refund on Steam so it doesn't solve the problem. CDPR should have taken the bill for Steam and then maybe people will repurchase in the future. They can have their bad game, I just want my money back.
When you buy game on Steam you know you can play only max 2 hours, if you want to refund. You should know it before buying game there, cleearly you don't know it or just not speaking truth to make argument. Week after release there were thousands of playthroughs on youtube. Everyone could see what kind of game Cyberpunk is. Buying preorder is not obligatory to play game, buying game day of release is not obligatory to play game. Forum is not best place to get your money back, I don't see it working.

mbrto

Forum regular
yes, i love the gameplay. the interactions with story characters are fantastic.
the gunplay is fun and the skill progression is rewarding.
i dont care about a wanted system or interacting with random npcs

You can refund game, why won't you do it? If you don't want to refund, you accept what game is, time to move on.

When you buy game on Steam you know you can play only max 2 hours, if you want to refund. You should know it before buying game there, cleearly you don't know it or just not speaking truth to make argument. Week after release there were thousands of playthroughs on youtube. Everyone could see what kind of game Cyberpunk is. Buying preorder is not obligatory to play game, buying game day of release is not obligatory to play game. Forum is not best place to get your money back, I don't see it working.
I don't expect to get my money from this forum BUT I know that I'm allowed to write here and there is nothing you can do about it. I was just correcting you because not everyone can get their money back.

Not to mention that if I expect to buy what it was advertised and then I get another thing / not working thing it means that I cannot trust you. If I cannot trust you it means that you are a liar or a scammer, then why should I defend you?

^ This. Even if the game weren't fucked to hell and back with several crammed in online shooter mechanics, unfinished aspects, and being a generally broken mess; What is there is not as advertised.

I suspect, at some point, they realized people didn't give a good damn about Johnny fucking Silverhand and would be unhappy about this serious departure from the expectations they planted in the public's mind themselves. That's undoubtedly why, in my view at least, Silverhand is increasingly teased as we neared showtime... but he's never elaborated on in until it's too late. To say the least; I was not pleasantly surprised to feel I was playing a game about the writers' ambition and not a game about my character. Pondsmith's silence gives me the impression he isn't either.

"A merc in a dystopian future city. Perfect setup for meshing open world exploration and diversion along with the overarching narrative on the main questline." I thought. What's so hard about that? Is it heartfelt on it's face? No. Nor was the marketing. Dredd, GITS, Robocop, etc. None of these things are touching or thought provoking from their initial premise. They pull off such moments without overwhelming or undermining the experience though. A golden opportunity, flushed down the toilet. You can have heartfelt moments, you can have witty dialogue with an AI construct stuck in your skull, but you can't completely subvert expectations in every way, very much for the bad in this case, and then tell people with a straight face they're in the wrong.

Last edited:
Hello!

Cyberpunk is on lips of everyone and everywhere, everyone knows about it, it's like mario in terms of renown.
Thats right. Perhaps even more. Its like Titanic or a Dali painting. Its breathtaking.

A lot of negativity also, many articles say it's the most disastrous launch ever and new videos every day showing bugs and claiming the game is broken.

"When everyone talks shit about you, it means you have influence, it's up to you what to do with it." My own quote.

Yes, many call it the most disastrous launch ever while there are reports of some apparently laughing so hard that it got them to the emergency room.

"When someone talks crap about stuff, it means he/she/transgender is very bored, its up to you to wait for the chargeback deadline to pass or not" My dogs quote.
You have influence on the whole gaming word in your grasp, all eyes are on you. Not only that, I believe that your game can influence the world even beyond the gaming world, maybe not as far as politics but fashion for example. Every step is watched by many millions of people. You are the one pulling the strings.

"Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody... or go down for all times in a blaze of glory?" your own quote.

Spot on, Albert, spot on. All the eyes are on them and there will be also lots more media inside and around the court house.
I believe you are onto something here - It could very well change the universe beyond the gaming world. While it might not yet have reached Lego City legendary cult status, it sure is on its way. Its everywhere. Even my local shop has it on sale already (PS4 Version is already a collectors item).

To come out on top you will however need to do more then just patches, you will need to add features, make better ai (hell, do it better then any game before, you can!), Rework some stuff maybe even from 0. Do this before DLC. This is your chance to become maybe the greatest game studio ever, to change the world. Most likely, no other game you make, maybe ever, will have such impact and attention as you got with this one.

The control is yours, take the pen and write your name in the history. The future is in your grasp.

I wish you luck and thanks for a great game.

Jakub

Im sure your support is more than welcome. Ever thought of spreading the joy inside all your family and friends circle? There is an awesome online mode. If you could recommend or force them to buy a copy each, we all cyberpunk fans together can keep the community going.

On the other hand, your unwarranted critic and demand for rework is something I cant fully comprehend. I believe they are the greatest game studio ever. They are trending everywhere. Most likely no other game they make, maybe never again, will have such impact and legal attention as they got with this one. They have reached already nearly 70% of positive opinion on google.

I wish you all the fun you can have with this gem. People claim there isnt even a functioning AI but thats fake news, because after studying it in detail, I have come to the conclusion that most likely Keanus brain was scanned and uploaded. What you see is him in many ways. Its so advanced.

Anyway, im waiting for Hot-Fix patch 43.14 - and hope they will add music to the crash screen.

Top Bottom