Empty fields on tooltips, weapons and inventory

+
Empty fields on tooltips, weapons and inventory

I hope someone can helping me with this. The game is running great, but the tooltips, inventory are only black empty fields. I tried already to running the game in other languages, new installations, update all drivers but it don´t work. Guess it´s not my graphic card when the game is running without errors. I don´t know what to do more.Hope someone have a bug fix for this problem.Thank you very muchOlaf

pfannie1970 said:
I hope someone can helping me with this. The game is running great, but the tooltips, inventory are only black empty fields. I tried already to running the game in other languages, new installations, update all drivers but it don´t work. Guess it´s not my graphic card when the game is running without errors. I don´t know what to do more.Hope someone have a bug fix for this problem.Thank you very muchOlaf
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructedattach a screenshot too

I just had a similar problem, where my inventory tooltips (hints) were missing. Restarting the game didn't help, the problem also persisted when loading any old saved game. What fixed it was a restart of my computer (Windows 7 Pro). This glitch occurred after having played the game for 32 hours without a similar error (had about three crashes to desktop).

Are you having problems viewing the map and journal and such - they are all black except some icons correct? This is usually a sign for a corrupted save - especially if they are blacked out, or don't appear normal, most of the time (from my experience anyway) this is a sign of a save that could have future problems. Then again I don't have Windows 7, but Vista so either way you might have fixed it, or just temporarily halted it.Strange that restarting fixed it for you ockzon, I've never had to resort to that and its pretty pointless to do, because if you only encountered it as you progressed - it slims it down to these two factors:a) its either hardware related, i.e your hardware could be overheating, or not functioning properly and displaying this - either new hardware are fixes or latest updates - If you don't have problems playing other games visually, then it knocks a) out the window.b) its an element of your save, some choice you made or decision, since there are so many possibilities, unfortunately people have found an array of bugs. My theory is that every quest/interaction and completion of quest, as well as time they are completed (say if they are completed in the same time as another or while one is in progress) all these factors, may or may not give you bugs while playing. It's a really good game but the witcher was created from quite a new developer, there is no definite way to avoid them..I noticed you stated you reverted to a save, if more problems persist with that save, in later chapters perhaps - all might be well and you may not spot anything. But if they do, then revert to an even older save, save frequently, before and after each major step you take and monitor your progress, keep an eye out for unusual things.There probably won't be fixes for these bugs, The Witcher 2 is already released, keep us posted, and constantly save!

I didn't have any problems with icons or stuff being black. It started soon after I increased Anisotropic Filtering from 8x to 16x. After a few minutes suddenly there were no tooltips anywhere: not in the inventory, merchants inventory, maps, innkeepers storage. But I don't think it was the Anisotropic Filtering because after restarting Windows it worked again (with 16x AF).I just hope I can finish the game without any show stopper. Then I don't mind the occasional crash. It's a great game and I save frequently.

Yeah, apologies for my irrelevant long post, but it sounded similar to what I've experienced, nevertheless good work frequently saving, if you encounter black maps or probs with journal - revert to older save.I haven't tampered with Anisotropic filtering, still though you shouldn't get occasional crashes, are these crashes just randomly like when Geralt's moving about, or when zoning, slow loading areas? Feel free to explain further.EDIT: I've just done some searching on this forums, someone else seemed to have problems with Anisotropic filtering and black screens - their game seemed to lock up aswell and give them a BSOD - not sure if you are getting frequent crashes with 16xAF.Nevertheless their solution was turning Anisotropic filtering and anti aliasing to minimum, might be worth a try.

No need to apologize :)I'm not sure that Anisotropic filtering is related to my original bug. It was just the only change I could think of. But then again it's now been running fine for another seven hours (with AF set to x16, everything on max).I had a few crashes to desktop but they seemed pretty random: e.g. shortly after saving, or when in the middle of fighting lots of kikimore workers, or while just walking around.

I haven't tried window mode yet. But so far i can live with the crashes, I've had about 6 crashes in 43 hours of play time =)

Top Bottom