Patch Notes 10.1

+
with simple changes to power/provision cost
The devs have addressed that in the past. It is never as simple as changing a few numbers, because those numbers affect more than just the corresponding cards, which in turn affects even more and more. It is easy for you or anyone else not in the dev team to make comments like that, but thinking they are facts is a mistake.

They have also said a lot more on the topic, and all of it makes perfect sense if one is willing to accept that one's assumptions might not be accurate.

Here, two from the latest TWiG:
Q: Bigger patch notes with more details next year?
A: Impact over quantity; it's better to have fewer but meaningful changes than numerous but less meaningful ones.

Q: What is the thought process to decide which cards need adjusting?
A: Includes analysing data and players' comments; it's important to look at the full picture and from more than one perspective.

The more you change, the more potential for error. If they would change 100 card in a month, they would probably break the game entirely. Probably better if they only change small increments.
Agreed. Quality over quantity.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I don't agree. I think so small changes is showing that the devs don't want to work with the game.

Let's look at several random dead cards:

-- Water Of Brokilon, 12prov!
Why the hell not make it 10prov, or even 9. Huge buff to Harmony, which has 0 playrate.

-- Saskia Dragon, 11prov unplayable Harmony card.
Why the hell not to make it 10prov and Veil or even immune.

Two buffs to Harmony. Breaks game? No. Toxic? No. HARD TO DO IT???? fking no!!!!!! took me 20sec to notice these cards. Takes another 20sec to alter provisions to them at their database. Is it hard work, can you screw something while doing it? Fking no, even my grandmother can alter number 11 to number 10.

Ok, going next. Neutrals.

-- geralt Aard. 10points for 10prov. When was the last time you saw it played? It Witcher 3 maybe, using Aard sign.
Why the hell not make it 9prov, or increase number of units. Breaks the game? No. Toxic? No. Well, I don't how hard to now target 4 units instead of 3, but 10 to 9 is easy for my grandma.

-- ciri nova, 8 for 9. Almost unplayable. (Gets heatwaved, invocationed, purified, even killed).
Ok, so let's try to increase provision restriction to 10 instead of 9. How many interesting possibilities we may have... Breaks the game? Time will tell. Toxic? No, everyone and their mother has heatwave anyway.

-- enraged ifrit, regis bloodlust. Both 8 for 10 with almost the same ability. Why the hell is that? Why the hell it's 8 for 10? Why the hell not give it something interesting, like:
Regis: Bloodlust: range, play a vampire from your deck.
See where it goes?
Ifrit: range, play a bronze special from your deck.
At least some variation.

-- Allgod, 10prov. Theoretically, you can play it at any deck. Practically? Lose a round after playing this card.
Why the hell not change provision from 10 to 9, or even 8? Or increase base power to 5, 6, so you don't lose a round instantly.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

It's so easy to tweak a little. It can be done very fast, without risk to screw something.
Why the hell it's not done then???

Yea it's never just "changing a few stats". Removing 1 damage from Milva seems like a small change. The general consensus from Milva players though seems to be that this small change breaks her. A 1 point PR change might make a card viable or not viable for a deck. Every small change has to be considiered in the meta, "vision" for the game, playtested etc.

"Without the risk to screw something" is your personal opinion, if I look at the history of this game, there is always the risk to screw something, even with minimal changes. A tiny change shifts the meta, lot's of tiny changes turn the meta on it's head. They don't seem to want to do that.

Yea it's never just "changing a few stats". Removing 1 damage from Milva seems like a small change. The general consensus from Milva players though seems to be that this small change breaks her. A 1 point PR change might make a card viable or not viable for a deck. Every small change has to be considiered in the meta, "vision" for the game, playtested etc.

"Without the risk to screw something" is your personal opinion, if I look at the history of this game, there is always the risk to screw something, even with minimal changes. A tiny change shifts the meta, lot's of tiny changes turn the meta on it's head. They don't seem to want to do that.
There's a world of difference between slightly tweaking something from a prominent fleshed out archetype and propping up something terribly outdated. You're attacking a strawman here.
Yes, a slight change to the Masquerade Ball could shake the foundations of the game. But the guy was mentioning the dead cards from dead archetypes far below the current powercurve that won't be as easy to bring back, so they indeed would have no power to break anything after a small +1 buff here and there. They would merely become at least a meme consideration again, and their powerlevel could be assessed better from there, to decide whether they need more help. After all, they've been doing it with Bounty for many patches now, and not in small or careful steps, so why not Harmony or Dwarves or dedicated Tributes or Soldiers? They're much less likely to break the game the way damage spenders can. Logic doesn't check out.

well i am participating. I just said you dont need to try to convince everyone the old milva was hard to play when everyone knows its not.

If you dont want to accept that, you can continue with your little show

Quoting @Selestes jokes, problably even his granmother could play with the old milva.

for me you know it was a broke card, but you want to try to convince other is was not because its from your favorite faction. Change faction and problably you will be yelling about how this card is broken.

And, for the last, as i already said, even devs know it was a broken card and in a patch where was only a few changes, milva is one of this change

[...]

It's ok man. No need to read anything. I'm just an ST guy who keeps pretending and trying to convince "everyone". You forgot to mention how relicts were perfectly fine though, and how they got terribly overnerfed. I mean, it's been like a day probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really funny how people keep posting this incoherent, patronizing bs, but then my posts get removed for being "rude" :D

It's ok man. No need to read anything. I'm just an ST guy who keeps pretending and trying to convince "everyone". You forgot to mention how relicts were perfectly fine though, and how they got terribly overnerfed. I mean, it's been like a day probably.
The BM hotfix in a day (or a few days) was correct, the interaction with ildarran/caranthir was broken.

I agree all the nerfs they made in relicts in some way killed the archetetype, and i also agree this milva nerf problably will kill the card.

But its not because devs made the wrong nerfs the cards didnt need a nerf. Milva should need a nerf (and get it) and relicts should need a nerf too (and get it too).

Buuut, in my opinion, they nerf too much relicts (2 provisions in mamunna, 1 provision in BM, not interact with caranthir anymore, 1 power nef in SE).

Also, as i said, in my opinion problably the new milva is dead. But its not because they made the wrong nerf that miilva dont need a nerf.

If i was going to nerf milva i would problably start giving a devotion condition and also she can be summon only one time per turn

The BM hotfix in a day (or a few days) was correct, the interaction with ildarran/caranthir was broken.

I agree all the nerfs they made in relicts in some way killed the archetetype, and i also agree this milva nerf problably will kill the card.

But its not because devs made the wrong nerfs the cards didnt need a nerf. Milva should need a nerf (and get it) and relicts should need a nerf too (and get it too).

Buuut, in my opinion, they nerf too much relicts (2 provisions in mamunna, 1 provision in BM, not interact with caranthir anymore, 1 power nef in SE).

Also, as i said, in my opinion problably the new milva is dead. But its not because they made the wrong nerf that miilva dont need a nerf.

If i was going to nerf milva i would problably start giving a devotion condition and also she can be summon only one time per turn
Yes, so you see the difference in how it seems to you that your opinion on relicts being overnerfed is valid, but someone else's opinion on how Milva is overnerfed is just "a little show"? Not to mention saying things like "everyone thought it was broken" when all it takes is to skim through this one thread to see that aside from you, almost "everyone" here thought Milva was overnerfed.

The point being, if you aren't willing to get into details and the topic irritates you, why bother at all? My wall of text wasn't directed at you. It was in response to another person's wall of text.

Lol, the nerf to Milva definitely made her very hard to play. Is this a bad thing? In my opinion, no. Funny how people who normally rage against control now say the Milva nerf was undeserved... just saying. Only with your leader ability you could easily kill 3 five point cards without any effort. And that's only your leader, there's also Rockslide, Bomb, Saboteur.....

I play Milva and actually like the nerf as there were many times when she would pop out at an inadvisable time. She'll still see play as there are a lot of ways to use movement.

Lol, the nerf to Milva definitely made her very hard to play. Is this a bad thing? In my opinion, no. Funny how people who normally rage against control now say the Milva nerf was undeserved... just saying. Only with your leader ability you could easily kill 3 five point cards without any effort. And that's only your leader, there's also Rockslide, Bomb, Saboteur.....
Well, personally I will only use her with the leader ability from now on. With the death blow being so difficult to achieve you risk sitting on a ton of bricks in your hand if you play any movement cards like making a bomb etc.
Every nerf the relicts got were more than well-deserved and furthermore it is still a pretty solid deck even if net deckers have abandoned it just because it isn't posted on TLG website. Just don't expect to get away with greedy BS like self-eater spam, Idarran, cutting cave troll etc in the current meta.

Yes, so you see the difference in how it seems to you that your opinion on relicts being overnerfed is valid, but someone else's opinion on how Milva is overnerfed is just "a little show"? Not to mention saying things like "everyone thought it was broken" when all it takes is to skim through this one thread to see that aside from you, almost "everyone" here thought Milva was overnerfed.

The point being, if you aren't willing to get into details and the topic irritates you, why bother at all? My wall of text wasn't directed at you. It was in response to another person's wall of text.
Well you quote @Nerevarine228 post where he starts wiith "realistically, how hard is it currently to bring something into Milva's deathblow range with a deck containing movement bombs,"His post was from yesterday, so when he was saying "currently" it was before the patch goes on.

Also, in your post you wrote " If there are units on both enemy rows and none of them a 2, you can't use your bomb at all". So i can assume you both were talking about milva before the patch.

So whats the point to say now she was overnefed? If my entire post was about "you dont need to show players how old milva supose to be hard to play because everyone know its not".

Also, about the nerf or "the overnerf" you are wrong in say "aside from you almost everyone here though Milva was overnerfed". If you read my last post clear i said the nerf problably killed the card and also give an example to what devs should do to nerf the card but let it still playable.

So, one more time, in the beggening we are not talking about the nerf of the card but if she was easy or not to play. And, for that, i repeat, i can use your words and say "almost "everyone" here think milva was easy to play and a toxic card".

Aboutr the nerf, i indeed think it was an overnerf, the nerf problably killed the card, but lets see what will happens
Post automatically merged:

Well, personally I will only use her with the leader ability from now on. With the death blow being so difficult to achieve you risk sitting on a ton of bricks in your hand if you play any movement cards like making a bomb etc.

Every nerf the relicts got were more than well-deserved and furthermore it is still a pretty solid deck even if net deckers have abandoned it just because it isn't posted on TLG website. Just don't expect to get away with greedy BS like self-eater spam, Idarran, cutting cave troll etc in the current meta.
Well my oppion its not only from TLG site, but special from CDPR official database.

And here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-the-season-of-the-cat-october-2021.11095486/ - you can see that one month after the nerfs the deck wasnt good anymore.

Here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...the-season-of-mahakam-november-2021.11096422/ - 2 months after the nerf the win and playrate where better, but still i cant say it is in a good spot.

So in my opinion, since MO doenst have any other good deck (to play competitive in pro)i think devs overnerfed the only competitive (in pro) MO deck.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Lets stop discussing Milva please. This is Patch 10.1 thread and not Milva thread. Milva is in the past and she will see as much play as Gregoire De Gogon. Are you asking "But who is Gregorier or Gorgon"? My answer is "Exactly"!. (I had to open the game to see the name of this card). Unless she gets reworked or buffed after many seasons, no one will see Milva.

Lets see how good is the new Handbuff (my initial impression is along the lines of @Barracuda88, that is, handbuff still sucks, but let me try to refine the deck and see if it has any scope). My prediction is, this would be a season of Double Cross, Tactical Decision (Mill, Clog, Hyperthin), Battle Trance and Jackpot.

Well my oppion its not only from TLG site, but special from CDPR official database.

And here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-the-season-of-the-cat-october-2021.11095486/ - you can see that one month after the nerfs the deck wasnt good anymore.

Here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...the-season-of-mahakam-november-2021.11096422/ - 2 months after the nerf the win and playrate where better, but still i cant say it is in a good spot.

So in my opinion, since MO doenst have any other good deck (to play competitive in pro)i think devs overnerfed the only competitive (in pro) MO deck.
Well, I wasn't implying your personal opinion comes from there but it has a huge impact on what the net deckers will play. Anyways, I was playing relicts on 2550+ MMR last season. It's not like I was world #1 but pretty sure it is good enough that you can count it as a fully viable and competitive deck considering I finished in the top 200 big part due to this.

Lets stop discussing Milva please. This is Patch 10.1 thread and not Milva thread. Milva is in the past and she will see as much play as Gregoire De Gogon. Are you asking "But who is Gregorier or Gorgon"? My answer is "Exactly"!. (I had to open the game to see the name of this card). Unless she gets reworked or buffed after many seasons, no one will see Milva.

Lets see how good is the new Handbuff (my initial impression is along the lines of @Barracuda88, that is, handbuff still sucks, but let me try to refine the deck and see if it has any scope). My prediction is, this would be a season of Double Cross, Tactical Decision (Mill, Clog, Hyperthin), Battle Trance and Jackpot.
Agree with you about the seasonal.

About handbuff, the first deck i made today it was a handbuff deck and performed pretty good in non unranked matches. Also i played a lot of "mirrors"

My last win was against batlle trance (ok he didnt get heatwave, because if he had he could kill my boosted aglains and wins the game, but dont get all the good cards its part of the game)

Well, I wasn't implying your personal opinion comes from there but it has a huge impact on what the net deckers will play. Anyways, I was playing relicts on 2550+ MMR last season. It's not like I was world #1 but pretty sure it is good enough that you can count it as a fully viable and competitive deck considering I finished in the top 200 big part due to this.
Well we dont have the last seasonal data, but congratulations for you, being a MO fan i like to hear that some competitive players can still play with it.

But aside from that, i can almost say if you get the MMR from the top 200 almost noone of them has MO counting (problably SY- jackpot, SK - whatever, SC - milva and NG - double cross/imprisionent)

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Milva murder was an expected thing. That card was just too good for ST. She will now be completely dead and remain with Munro in the deck builder collecting dust. At least to compensate this HUGE nerf, she could have had her provision buffed to 10P or even 9P (and even then, 1 damage for the Deathblow is too hard and she may not be played with even the provision buff... so why to give a meaningless buff? So this is OK. At least the devs are clear with what they want).

The strongest decks didn't get any nerfs: Battle Trance and Double Cross. Why the hell is Gedy still 13P? That card plays for a million points. The assimilate never need any buff as it is still one of the strongest decks. But these buffs will be meaningless as Assimilate is currently in a very good spot and there is not any cards that need removed/changed.

Let's play the Invigorate for this month, as, in my assumption is now too strong and will be nerfed next month or very soon. I am actually surprised that the number of units were changed to be 4 instead of 3. Too good for ST standard. Overall, Invigorate and Handbuff changes are too good. I am very happy that we have something to play with this season.

I really like the Bounty change. Bounty needed this buff. Will definitely try some bounty decks too. Overall a very good patch. A little disappointed that SK and NG didn't get any nerfs, but very happy with Invigorate and Bounty buffs.
Milva was overpowered,
Like saskia commander
One of the two card had to be nerfed, because the deck was too strong
there is only 2 bomb that make moving an unit and appears madoc and Milva, so madoc will appears only 4 time in the whole game it not really intresting,
what do you mean to good for ST ?
ST has many good card, saskia, gezars, sabertooth, eldain, the combo of dol bathana defender cat school witcher and the dryade are out of control put them with saskia and it will be such an indestructible deck, the dryade cost 4 provision is there a better card in the whole game for same price ?
I play all factions and the only one who really need to get her units boosted is NR, proof this faction has not been in the top 3 rank for a while yesterday it wasn't even in the top 10

• Uprising: Updated the tooltip to reflect the change from Hotfix 9.6.1.
  • Istredd: Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
as Usual NR has nothing
Leader ability are useless, there is to many conditions to make a deck work
While other faction got card like
Ardal aep Dahy, regis, saskia/milva, and King bran, cards that empowering the whole deck
NR got king henselt, it the most expansive one in provision but the weakest one, his boost condition is not intresting at all, also why NR should always get only boost while others factions do dammage and destroy
NR only boost alway, the probleme is that the other factions do boost faster that NR, make king henselt add zele to all the war machine in the begining of the game for exemple or add them 1 or 2 armor point or both of them instead of his boost

Last edited:
Katakan is still in the "Deathwish" Draft pack. "Three Maduks" pack contains two Maduks.
Amazing work with your cards and knowledge of them, CDPR, simply amazing.

Shouldn't this patch be 10.0 and the next one be 10.1 ?
This patch doesn't even qualify as 9.7, imho (even with draft coming out of beta). And maybe version 10.0 was so broken that devs decided to release it bundled with a patch. At least there are no gameplay-wise broken cards at the moment (balance-wise broken ones are a totally different thing).

Last edited:
Top Bottom