PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
My game is arriving today and I'm praying that the bug will be fixed before it arrives but it's lost in advance
Sadly it might mostly likely not release today it seems for now since normally in my time zone normally they would start tweeting something new but haven't yet. So i just recommend when you do get the game is to just hold on to it until they finally release the fix patch then you can finally start to download the game on your PS4.

To be fair I don´t know what can I play now on my PS4, I just wanted to play Cyberpunk 2077 so badly...but what I know for sure is just that I'm NOT buying a digital version. I´d rather be dead rather than giving more money to these...people. And the same for the foreseeable future, if they launch a game I may be interested in, I will buy it second handed or so.
Same here. Before the update, i was playing for the first time and was playing through act 2. It's not like any other open world i've ever played. They're making it so difficult to love this game

Yeah I'm worried that Sony is making things alot more complicated. I don't know if this is true or not, but I saw a comment on reddit stating that Sony has a policy saying developers aren't allowed to release more than one patch per week or per month. Does anyone know if this is true?
They should really hate cdpr to do that but I hope it's a fake news

Wouldn't that affect all ps versions if it was that? Someone mentioned copyrights and we have a clue that the region/CUSA codes are related since they asked player with the error for it. If it's a kafkian or protocol problems it's more disheartening somehow
The CUSA codes have nothing to do with it. If ANY region could play the disc version, we would have had confirmation about this days ago. Not one single person on the entire internet has said "my ps4 disc version plays 1.5 perfectly, here's proof". This is a problem with every single PS4 disc, and they've been wasting our time for 3 days now, and it looks like we're heading into the weekend without any news whatsoever. I'm so disheartened by this.

Give us:
-a free digital copy
-the ability to rollback to v1.31
-an update from a dev on twitter/youtube/THIS THREAD
-ANYTHING

We are not asking for much, just some accountability and responsibility!

Sadly it might mostly likely not release today it seems for now since normally in my time zone normally they would start tweeting something new but haven't yet. So i just recommend when you do get the game is to just hold on to it until they finally release the fix patch then you can finally start to download the game on your PS4.
I'm thinking of keeping it until they fix the problem but the sooner the better. But then again... he'd rather tweet the positives of the 1.5 update than the negatives...

They should really hate cdpr to do that but I hope it's a fake news
I really hope so too. I honestly don't think this is the case at all. I mean Sony was somewhat cooperative in the past where they allowed refunds for the people who bought and downloaded the Cyberpunk digital copies--something they never do for any game ever.

I'm thinking of keeping it until they fix the problem but the sooner the better. But then again... he'd rather tweet the positives of the 1.5 update than the negatives...
I've seen devs tweeting about minor bugs on the next gen versions for the past three days, but complete radio silence about this massive issue that precludes millions of people from playing the game they purchased over a year ago. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
The CUSA codes have nothing to do with it. If ANY region could play the disc version, we would have had confirmation about this days ago. Not one single person on the entire internet has said "my ps4 disc version plays 1.5 perfectly, here's proof". This is a problem with every single PS4 disc, and they've been wasting our time for 3 days now, and it looks like we're heading into the weekend without any news whatsoever. I'm so disheartened by this.

Give us:
-a free digital copy
-the ability to rollback to v1.31
-an update from a dev on twitter/youtube/THIS THREAD
-ANYTHING

We are not asking for much, just some accountability and responsibility!
They would never give us a free digital copy since that counts as a "separate game" itself and i think that's mainly on Sony's part/decision if they wanted to give us a free digital copy but lets be real that's too good to be true and prolly will never happen. The best solution now is to
1. Rollback to v.1.31 so the game is playable
2. Since they are planning paid DLC such as expansions packs they might as well give it to us for free at this point

The PS4 Pro is a totaly different console than PS4 in strenght.

CPU wise: In calculation, specs.

The PS4 - 2.4 Teraflops per second
The PS4 Pro - 4.8 Teraflops per second
The PS5 - 6.0 Teraflops per second

Us PS4 Pro users can definitly handle a better patch and similair boost like the PS5 users.
But fking CD Garbage Projekt puts PS4 users and PS4 PRO! users in the same basket, not difference for them. When the console are different.
Just curious, is that CDPR or Sony? Are there any other examples where ps4 pro has recieved a native version of the game? As far as I was aware the pro just used its "boost mode" to allow hardware acceleration for slightly higher frame rates on existing versions of games

I've seen devs tweeting about minor bugs on the next gen versions for the past three days, but complete radio silence about this massive issue that precludes millions of people from playing the game they purchased over a year ago. Seedy P.R.
It's clearly not a priority to them. Not even a public apology with the yellow infographics lol. They'd rather play cloak and dagger

You can send a ticket to cdpr if you have the problem but I don't even know if it's useful to do so

Yeah I'm worried that Sony is making things alot more complicated. I don't know if this is true or not, but I saw a comment on reddit stating that Sony has a policy saying developers aren't allowed to release more than one patch per week or per month. Does anyone know if this is true?
I doubt it, hotfixes have come out quite swiftly in other situations, there is probably a limit for patches and content, but when a piece of software is not functioning its in everyone's interest to get it fixed, it will still have to be approved though which means testing which means time.

When all of this is fixed what kind of compensation do you guy's think we deserve? To me i don't think there's anything that great to give besides the paid DLC expansion packs that's supposed to release in the future. I can't really see anyone wanting to pay more money on a game that has problems not to mention even if they do release the paid DLCs who knows if they'll mess that up :facepalm:
But i think we deserve free at this point #makepaidDLCsfree

Last edited:
When all of this is fixed what kind of compensation do you guy's think we deserve? To me i don't think there's anything that great to give besides the paid DLC expansion packs that's supposed to release in the future. I can't really see anyone wanting to pay more money on a game that has problems not to mention even if they do release the paid DLCs who knows if they'll mess that up :facepalm:
But i think we deserve free at this point #makepaidDLCsfree
Right now, I think we are entitled only to CDPR updating us daily, which is what any normal pro-consumer company would be doing. I also believe we are entitled to an apology from the dev team for allowing this to happen, instead of callously ignoring us entirely. We know you're reading this!

A class action lawsuit isn't an impossibility either. This affects millions of customers who have purchased the PS4 disc version. I'll start asking around.

Right now, I think we are entitled only to CDPR updating us daily, which is what any normal pro-consumer company would be doing. I also believe we are entitled to an apology from the dev team for allowing this to happen, instead of callously ignoring us entirely. We know you're reading this!

A class action lawsuit isn't an impossibility either. This affects millions of customers who have purchased the PS4 disc version. I'll start asking around.
Not good enough. Too many issues even from launch day yeah they could be updating us but they don't, they could issue an public apology but most likely would go down as a "ps4 fix patch is now out!" Like to me personally the bugs and crashes never bothered me at least on my physical copy of the game but at least we was able to restart the game again and play it. This time it's done for no way they released an update where the disc is not playable we deserve alot more now than an apology!

They still have the nerve to ignore the most viewed forum on the site
I suggest filling out that FTC complaint against Sony. It does seem to be the only way to light a fire under CDPR's rump. If they won't listen to us, they will listen to their distributor after being contacted by the Federal Trade Commission. The problem is, we need to shed light on this issue to force public pressure [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not good enough. Too many issues even from launch day yeah they could be updating us but they don't, they could issue an public apology but most likely would go down as a "ps4 fix patch is now out!" Like to me personally the bugs and crashes never bothered me at least on my physical copy of the game but at least we was able to restart the game again and play it. This time it's done for no way they released an update where the disc is not playable we deserve alot more now than an apology!
I don't want their apologies. I have already accepted them too many times, now I want compensation, REAL compensation

Top Bottom