Charles Dance to voice the Emperor of Nilfgaard in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Of course he would play a big part. He was already a prominent behind the scene talked character so far, with a 100+ hour game time to finally unleash him

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
Of course he would play a big part. He was already a prominent behind the scene talked character so far, with a 100+ hour game time to finally unleash him

The problem is that its not easy to get to the emperor and have a chat with him,even if its geralt.

I think we will see him in something like "meantime in nilfgard"(or where ever he is)

And then meet him (again) too

vivaxardas said:
All right, forget this trailer. You just made my day, and a whole damn year. Long Live CDPR!

This. I am floored. This is the absolutely most epic casting choice they could possibly do for Emhyr. Charles Dance is incredible and this will make the inevitable showdown with the Emperor, whatever the outcome, be totally spectacular. And this is huge for The Witcher 3's popularity as well, because Charles Dance is known very well among Game of Thrones fans as the great Lord of Lannister. It provides a handy soundbite for promoting the game too:

Gamerbro: "The Witcher 3? What's that? Why should I care?"
Lurtz: "Think like, Game of Thrones, like that hardcore and realistic, but a game. You're a medieval monster hunter, and it's all moral choice and consequence, except not fucking stupid RGB Mass Effect bullshit. It's open-world, like Skyrim, except you actually give a shit about the story. And the evil Emperor is Tywin. It's fuckin' dope, man."
Gamerbro: "Sweet bro, that sounds tight."

(yeah, I'm an American college student. Sue me.)

Alextyc1 said:
I think we will see him in something like "meantime in nilfgard"(or where ever he is)

If you remember, I had a theory that the emperor moved closer to the frontline - to Cintra.
Because Cintra has a symbolic value and it also enables Geralt to finish his buisness with Nilfgaard where it all began (in the books).

It'd also be a convenient location for wrapping up Ciri's part of the story.

With Ciri returning home to Cintra, people will realize that the emperor hasn't actually married her. This would make their truce invalid and ignite a rebellion across Cintra.

:)

emperorzorn said:
If you remember, I had a theory that the emperor moved closer to the frontline - to Cintra.
Because Cintra has a symbolic value and it also enables Geralt to finish his buisness with Nilfgaard where it all began (in the books).

It'd also be a convenient location for wrapping up Ciri's part of the story.

With Ciri returning home to Cintra, people will realize that the emperor hasn't actually married her. This would make their truce invalid and ignite a rebellion across Cintra.

:)/>/>

I hope you are right,even before this news he was/is my most anticipated character (to meet)

And i hope they will really cirilize it :)

I didn't know the guy and had to listen to a view clips. He has a good voice and can act very well. Only concern is: Can he speak with an elven accent like all nilfgaardians do?

emperorzorn said:
Don't forget about Ciri meeting the fake Ciri. :p/>

Considering that Fake Ciri is now Emhyr's wife and probably the mother of his children... that's gonna be a very awkward meeting.

chicra said:
Considering that Fake Ciri is now Emhyr's wife and probably the mother of his children... that's gonna be a very awkward meeting.

Yeah, well, how would you determine which one is fake? It is not like they have DNA labs in Cintra, with DNA samples from Pavetta and Calanthe.

vivaxardas said:
Yeah, well, how would you determine which one is fake? It is not like they have DNA labs in Cintra, with DNA samples from Pavetta and Calanthe.

In Cintra probably not, but I bet Lodge still has their archives...

vivaxardas said:

They don't need to.
The real Ciri knows things from her childhood which the fake Ciri doesn't.

Emhyr having a nilfgaardian accent is a non issue since he lived in the north for quite some time before he was emperor, so he should be capable of speaking common speech accentfree.

tehdude said:
Emhyr having a nilfgaardian accent is a non issue since he lived in the north for quite some time before he was emperor, so he should be capable of speaking common speech accentfree.

If you mean North as in Cintra... then that's not really that north. :)/>

Top Bottom