Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

+
sidspyker said:
Even if they are related to the responsiveness?
Please read.

"Also, I would like to reiterate. I do not CARE if they are the final changes. I don't want them. No matter what they are, if they change certain bits, I do not want them."

Trying to discredit my argument with semantics is both insulting and makes you look bad when you fail to do it correctly.

Xangi said:
Please read.

"Also, I would like to reiterate. I do not CARE if they are the final changes. I don't want them. No matter what they are, if they change certain bits, I do not want them."

Trying to discredit my argument with semantics is both insulting and makes you look bad when you fail to do it correctly.
Suit yourself.

And nobody is trying to 'discredit' you, I don't care who you are or what you want, was merely try to provide an objective look at the issue. But you don't like that, fine.

At the beginning of the game when Triss shots fire and it touches me I get killed so I have to avoid being in her line of sight... is this wanted behavior?

at this moment:

Xangi said:
That is and has always been a terrible counter-argument to complaints about quality.
Considering that the mod intitially had one tester (its author) and an update is forthcoming in about a week after its initial release, I think your assessment of it is a little harsh. I never argued that one shouldn't complain about its quality since many people here are identifying bugs for the developer. I'm just stating the facts that the mod is less than a week old and should expect to have some bugs. We should point out bugs and any inconsistencies, as that is part of the process. As for your suggestion to make the mod piecemeal, it appears that there are serious bugs to need to be addressed first and probably more later before thinking about splitting the entire apart.

sidspyker said:
Suit yourself.

And nobody is trying to 'discredit' you, I don't care who you are or what you want, was merely try to provide an objective look at the issue. But you don't like that, fine.
"Objective"
I don't even think you know what that word means. Objectively the issue is far more than you think or care to admit. Objectively my proposal can literally cause no harm to the mod, and only has the potential to benefit it. Objectively this mod already beginning to die before it even turns a week old. Objectively you have no argument against what I'm saying. Objectively what you did was try to "catch me" in what you thought was a logical contradiction in order to make your own opinion seem superior, and objectively you failed at it because you didn't read the fine print. Objectively you are trying to use the word objective to make me the bad guy here when you know you've severely misspoken and you objectively used the word incorrectly. Those are proper uses of the word objective, as well as an outline of what has just happened over the past few posts.

ssri said:
Considering that the mod intitially had one tester (its author) and an update is forthcoming in about a week after its initial release, I think you are being a little harsh on your assessment of it. I never argued that one shouldn't complain about its quality. I'm just stating the facts that the mod is less than a week old and should expect to have some bugs. We should point out bugs and any inconsistencies, as that is part of the process. As for your suggestion to make the mod piecemeal, it appears that there are serious bugs to need to be addressed first and probably more later before thinking about splitting the entire apart.
There is no reason why it can't both be bugfixed and split in the same update. Perhaps I'm being harsh, but that is what is needed here, someone who isn't going to pull punches for the sake of someone's feelings. I'll give credit where credit is due, and credit is currently due here:

- Combat responsiveness is great, 100% better and greatly improves my enjoyment of the game
- The new Quen, while not my taste, is an interesting idea
- Auto-parry is a good idea as well, but implemented poorly
- An effort to rebalance the gear is appreciated, since we all know how unbalanced it was before
- Personally I like the pirouettes

Criticism is due here:

- Tons of bugs
- Worsens the already gigantic gap between easy and normal difficulties
- One hit kills on Dark that are even harder to avoid now
- Enemy Quen is annoying and adds nothing to the game
- Nekkers are already horribly overpowered, buffing them is not going to help. If they were encountered later in the game I could see a buff being appropriate, but as they are now it's absurd.

Because of the bad points above, the mod is rapidly declining in popularity. First impressions are important and the first week is even more so. I've made mods that have utterly failed because they had a bad first week, and mods that got way more popular than they should have because of a good one. To pull out of this, the best action is to split the mod which will make anyone unsatisfied with certain features able to simply not use them.

ssri said:
Is this guy for real?
Certainly. You should also be made aware that this is the internet, and therefore there is no shame in losing an argument. Nobody thinks any less of you for it, so you don't have to appeal to "the crowd" in an attempt to gain some confidence back, which is what you're doing right now.

Xangi said:
Certainly. You should also be made aware that this is the internet, and therefore there is no shame in losing an argument. Nobody thinks any less of you for it, so you don't have to appeal to "the crowd" in an attempt to gain some confidence back, which is what you're doing right now.
I am perfectly aware it's the internet and how you're being hostile towards me like a child who has been robbed of his favourite toy and has a holier than thou attitude. There was never any thought of pleasing you when the comment was written, your opinion on what I do and don't isn't required and would be good if you keep it to yourself.

Your "objective" analysis about splitting at this stage brings the issue that the mod is buggy right now. Someone installs parts of the mod and some issue occurs then he comes to report it here.

"Hey guys, I'm dying instantly in Chapter XX at the XX location."
"Which parts of the mod are you using?"
"I don't remember."

To fix a bug it needs to be reproduced if everything is split up right now then it's going to be a huge problem to fix anything since there can be a huge number of combinations.

Ran into some bugs, so I thought I'd mention them:

- sometimes Geralt freezes up when releasing bombs (I used Samum, if that matters).
- sometimes the sign changes back to aard despite being changed to something else (I was using Igni, if that matters).
- there was an instance of an invincible soldier, who didn't die no matter how many times he was hit, but I eventually got him with a stun kill.

I was using a gamepad, if that matters.

I love the pirouette move, it's awesome to watch. I also love the increase in enemy responsiveness and overall fortitude.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if there are no changes in difficulty, but only bug correction.

Oh, also want to mention that it appears that this mod overwrites the DLC settings, for example the herbalist gloves and blue stripe's jacket are missing.

Sorry if all this has been mentioned before.

sidspyker said:
I am perfectly aware it's the internet and how you're being hostile towards me like a child who has been robbed of his favourite toy and has a holier than thou attitude. There was never any thought of pleasing you when the comment was written, your opinion on what I do and don't isn't required and would be good if you keep it to yourself.

Your "objective" analysis about splitting at this stage brings the issue that the mod is buggy right now. Someone installs parts of the mod and some issue occurs then he comes to report it here.

"Hey guys, I'm dying instantly in Chapter XX at the XX location."
"Which parts of the mod are you using?"
"I don't remember."

To fix a bug it needs to be reproduced if everything is split up right now then it's going to be a huge problem to fix anything since there can be a huge number of combinations.
I'm only being "hostile" (if you think this is hostility you clearly don't get out much) in the sense that I strongly disagree with you. I think you're projecting, but whatever. My perceived "attitude" has no bearing on the correctness of my statements, and additionally is not what you are saying it is. Calling me a child also does not affect the correctness of my statements, and indicates that you're probably fairly upset at this point, which means you might want to stop responding before you say something you're really going to regret later.

Additionally, if the user describes their bug in any detail beyond "I have a bug", it should not be difficult to figure out what piece of the mod is causing it. If anything, it should be easier if the pieces are self-contained. The user can also simply remove and add back the pieces until the bug vanishes, which will tell them which file is faulty.

cmdrsilverbolt said:
Oh, also want to mention that it appears that this mod overwrites the DLC settings, for example the herbalist gloves and blue stripe's jacket are missing.
You're meant to find them in quests or by merchants.

Xangi said:
I'm only being "hostile" (if you think this is hostility you clearly don't get out much)

I believe you were talking about credibility earlier? Ad hominem, the surest way to lose that credibility.

And yeah I'm done talking to you, you can herald it has your 'victory' or some more attempts at ad hominem idc.

sidspyker said:
[/size]
I believe you were talking about credibility earlier? Ad hominem, the surest way to lose that credibility.

And yeah I'm done talking to you, you can herald it has your 'victory' or some more attempts at ad hominem idc.
Oh boy, the magic words. Now I get to used that chart I have saved. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------
Ad hominem fallacy quick chart
NOT AD HOMINEM
- You're wrong
- You're stupid
- You're stupid because you're wrong
AD HOMINEM
- You're wrong because you're stupid
My statement falls into the "NOT AD HOMINEM" section of this chart.

You're welcome to try again, but I really hope you won't.

EDIT: In my excitement I almost forgot to mention that this is also yet another example of trying to cherrypick a single bit of a post to discredit the poster.

I just wanted to thank you Flash for this mod. I'm replaying Witcher 2 because of it.
So far i'm in act 2 on dark difficulty and i'm having a really good time.
I've found more crafting bugs apart from Anathema and Ultimatum swords.
You can't craft: conflagration, harpy, rage(fury) traps, Devil sword and oil.
They all require exquisite versions of common items.

Did anyone find the "magical" whetstones etc needed for dark mode weapons?
A few people have been asking about it.

I use the mod and still QUITE enjoy it. I just need to know if increased melee difficulty is the idea before I choose a tree to focus on.

There are bugs, I'm sure Flash is hammering away at them.

More gameplay options is nice, like splitting up the mod changes. Don't know how hard it is - maybe harder than Flash wants to bother with. Perhaps he is making -his- version of W2 combat, much as the version we played was the overall CDPR version.

if so, great! I find his version different but still fun. I finished W2 with the regular, now for the murderously non-parrying version.

If we can turn off certain changes, also great.

Xangi, your message is being lost in your tone. Perhaps this is your intent, ( probably not), but as this thread is for discussing the FCR2 mod in a reasonable, calm and non-hostile manner, I hope we can all use that method to help improve FCR2. Regardless of whether people know how to argue or not.

Cmdr, we covered almost all those issues. How redundant. You deeply, deeply sadden me. Deeply. No Penguins of Love for you.

As others pointed out the mod is not finished and should be judged in this state.
No matter how the installer turns out to be in the end, the author has every right to do what he thinks is best for HIS mod. A MOD. I repeat: A MOD. FOR FREE.
That one can choose not to install or uninstall.
A mod can't be "dead", it will have a certain number of ppl using it and a certain number of ppl not using it.
There is no pressure of satisfying certain users/posters that just like to cry loudest on a forum, it is a personal project and should be treated as such. Demanding stuff bc otherwise the mod will be DEAD is just childish.
One can make suggestions, point out bugs, report their observations and then KINDLY ask for them to be taken into account. Throwing around personal attacks and arguing about every little word written and/or responded to is below the belt and unworthy of this thread. If other users do not have the patience to wait or just don't understand what MOD means noone will be able to help them.
It is their choice.
Give the author the time he needs, he already responded to bugs and gave a rough timeline in which he wants to improve on it.

Another thing about one-shotting:
TW1 FCR on Witcher difficulty is the equivalent of FCR dark. And TW1's combat was in most cases "unfairer" than TW2's. It was "normal" to die constantly in FCR Witcher diff and that you had to reload numerous times. Not, 2,3 times: 20, 30 times. So people played on lower difficulties. No harm done. Unless you are an elitist, spoiled individual that thinks it is entitled that only his vision for "balance" and "gameplay" is the right one and it is OK to demand a personal mod tailored just for oneself.

Sardukhar said:
I use the mod and still QUITE enjoy it. I just need to know if increased melee difficulty is the idea before I choose a tree to focus on.

There are bugs, I'm sure Flash is hammering away at them.

More gameplay options is nice, like splitting up the mod changes. Don't know how hard it is - maybe harder than Flash wants to bother with. Perhaps he is making -his- version of W2 combat, much as the version we played was the overall CDPR version.

if so, great! I find his version different but still fun. I finished W2 with the regular, now for the murderously non-parrying version.

If we can turn off certain changes, also great.

Xangi, your message is being lost in your tone. Perhaps this is your intent, ( probably not), but as this thread is for discussing the FCR2 mod in a reasonable, calm and non-hostile manner, I hope we can all use that method to help improve FCR2. Regardless of whether people know how to argue or not.

Flash, we covered all those issues. You deeply, deeply sadden me. Deeply. No Penguins of Love for you.
It started like that, then it escalated because a person just couldn't accept that I might have thought out my points better than he/she did. Talk to them, not me. I stated my piece clearly and concisely, all they did was keep responding with increasingly less effective "counter arguments". I would also like to add that the only "hostile" action I took was posting my little chart, which I admit I took great pleasure in doing. The rest was just simple debate.

One of the things I like about this mod on Dark difficulty is that if you do it right, you can win QUITE a tough battle without dying. I ate it a lot in the face from the Nekkers/Malena quest until I got the timing and movement down. And using igni a lot, but for the stun, not the damage.

The next few fights went so well that I walked into the Wraith fight with a swagger. Ahahahahahah! Swagger over.

The only reason I might uninstall the mod is that I'm not sure I want to do a kiting run through or not. Right now, that's how you survive without multiple reloads. DO NOT rely on parry, auto or Quen. Do NOT rely on the dodge alone. You have to keep clear of any flankers and move in, hit, move out if you have more than two or three on you of anything.

Less than three on one and it's easy town. Well...comparatively. Screw up a dodge or have Quen parry fail on you, even in Easy Town, and you die fast.

If we had manual parry back or Quen parry always worked, I feel it would be more of a duel and less a dancing, madly-flinging-yourself-in stun/kill match.

Top Bottom