The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Not so much in the actual base game because i have faith that it will live up to all our expectations, but this is to do with some possible DLC or some amazing people making use of the modders kit. I personally would love to see DLC or Mods where the books have been brought to life in the game, now these wouldnt present the player with choice but it would provide a unique and fun way to catch up with what has happened in the books. I really wanna see the REDKit and witcher 3 become how the elder scrolls has with the community and just pure amount of mods that are out there, it would be cool to see.

Totalbiscuit, is that you?

Zoom option is enough, I see no use for an FoV option in a 3rd person game imo.

Higher FoV was necessary for me to play arkham city. Camera felt cramped and they put it too close behind the characters. Had to manually change it to 100 in a file but it still worked and it was much better.

I guess a zoom option for the camera would accomplish the same thing though. There was no zoom in arkham city however.

Higher FoV was necessary for me to play arkham city. Camera felt cramped and they put it too close behind the characters. Had to manually change it to 100 in a file but it still worked and it was much better.

I guess a zoom option for the camera would accomplish the same thing though.

But in 3rd person games a zoom altering button changes the FoV, no need to put in an FoV slider.

Even Totalbicuit doesn't think FoV slider in 3rd person games is necessary.

I always want an FOV slider, it was crappy in every Arkham game for example, I always changed it to something around 90-110.
TW2's camera was kinda close to Geralt. One of the key things they mentioned was that the combat camera would give a complete overview of the battlefield so if they can deliver on that then well I don't need an FOV slider.

Dead Space.

Because of very low FOV I was unable to play it for more than 30 minutes.
Another good example, I'd add Mass Effect to that list too....funny how it's Unreal Engine.

Last edited:
Idle zoom toggle like Zelda, Yes!
FoV? What is Fov?

Field of view. To oversimplify, the vertical and horizontal angles from the viewpoint to the edges of the screen. Humans have a binocular field of view of about 120 degrees horizontal. Scenes displayed much narrower than that tend to look like pan-and-scan TV.

Field of view. To oversimplify, the vertical and horizontal angles from the viewpoint to the edges of the screen. Humans have a binocular field of view of about 120 degrees horizontal. Scenes displayed much narrower than that tend to look like pan-and-scan TV.
Well whatever, I just want the view of the world to look big and open. RDR was just about perfect for me. GTA V has good camera view options, but GTA V & RDR both forgot to add the zoom toggle.
Man I pray TW3 has these general camera options for us and the zoom toggle.

No I'm not totalbiscuit lol. If we want to get technical, FoV IS different than simply zooming the camera away from the player.

And yes, arkham city AND dead space were very hard to play on PC at higher resolutions without manually changing the FoV to higher settings. I'm sure if they do not add settings for this we'll be able to manually change it in a file setting anyway, but they really should include settings like these anyway.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of the posts on this thread and can't remember if this has been posted. I have read a lot of people want a silver chain. I often wondered "why?", "what for?" but realized it would be great as a quest tool for capturing monsters to put in the zoo in Novigrad. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Don't think it would require a lot of extra work, just attack a monster till its health is, let's say 10%. Geralt pulls out the chain, just one animation similar to the one in TW1 into, lassos the monster (would require a model in chains for every capturable monster, but no need for a unique animation of being lassoed for every monster) then ties the chain to his horse's saddle and drags the now inanimate monster to a drop-off point.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of the posts on this thread and can't remember if this has been posted. I have read a lot of people want a silver chain. I often wondered "why?", "what for?" but realized it would be great as a quest tool for capturing monsters to put in the zoo in Novigrad. Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Don't think it would require a lot of extra work, just attack a monster till its health is, let's say 10%. Geralt pulls out the chain, just one animation similar to the one in TW1 into, lassos the monster (would require a model in chains for every capturable monster, but no need for a unique animation of being lassoed for every monster) then ties the chain to his horse's saddle and drags the now inanimate monster to a drop-off point.

That'd be pretty cool and I don't think I've seen it posted on this thread O: It sounds a lot like Red Dead Redemption, except it'd be Red Dead of Rivia. But ye, I'd definitely enjoy this quest - EVEN MORE IF YOU GET TO KEEP THE SILVER CHAIN!

I wish for the birds to not look like fake, stiff, plastic robots like the black birds did in TW2.
I would think with this new gen and all that the birds might look and move like real birds in TW3 this time.

That'd be pretty cool and I don't think I've seen it posted on this thread O: It sounds a lot like Red Dead Redemption, except it'd be Red Dead of Rivia. But ye, I'd definitely enjoy this quest - EVEN MORE IF YOU GET TO KEEP THE SILVER CHAIN!

Yeah, Imagined it like Geralt's lasso. When he gets to the drop off point, monster goes in silver barred cage, Geralt gets gold (or another reward) and Geralt keeps his chain. Honestly didn't think to relate it to RDR till after I had thought of it, might have inspired me without knowing though.

Would definitely add a new aspect to monster hunting, it would also make traps a much, much different game. After Geralt uses his witcher senses to identify the monster and its lair, set-up a trap just outside, or on a path that it walks. Then using Geralt as bait against a monster that can easily kill him.

*Somewhat of a very late edit, but figured since nobody has yet posted after me there is no reason to pad my post count.

Last edited:
A few Witcher 3 request.

I just wanted to say awesome job on the Witcher 2. I may be a bit late to the party but I wanted to swing by and say that I am having an awesome time with the Xbox 360 version right now. That being said, I wanted to point out a couple things that I have run into that are kind of annoying that I hope you guys fix for the Witcher 3.
First thing is that I really hope that you guys do a better job on the auto save feature. You need to have it save more frequent or at least anytime you go to a new area or begin a new challenge or take on a new threat. It really sucks to have back track across the entire map if you get killed and your last save was somewhere far away. Second, I know your going open world in the next game and I hope you have found a way to do away with so many invisible walls everywhere. Third, please allow me to jump off of, or climb other things other than scripted climp/jump points. It sucks when your on a path and there is another path literally on a 2 foot downslope and you have to run all the way around a path to get to instead of just walking down the slope. Another example is not being able to vault over little objects in the game that in reality should be no problem.
As of right now these are just tiny little nit picks on my part. You guys have crafted a truly awesome game and my 3rd favorite RPG of all time. I really really really look forward to both Witcher 3 and Cyber Punk. Keep up the awesome work guys and gals!

I just wanted to say awesome job on the Witcher 2. I may be a bit late to the party but I wanted to swing by and say that I am having an awesome time with the Xbox 360 version right now. That being said, I wanted to point out a couple things that I have run into that are kind of annoying that I hope you guys fix for the Witcher 3.
First thing is that I really hope that you guys do a better job on the auto save feature. You need to have it save more frequent or at least anytime you go to a new area or begin a new challenge or take on a new threat. It really sucks to have back track across the entire map if you get killed and your last save was somewhere far away. Second, I know your going open world in the next game and I hope you have found a way to do away with so many invisible walls everywhere. Third, please allow me to jump off of, or climb other things other than scripted climp/jump points. It sucks when your on a path and there is another path literally on a 2 foot downslope and you have to run all the way around a path to get to instead of just walking down the slope. Another example is not being able to vault over little objects in the game that in reality should be no problem.
As of right now these are just tiny little nit picks on my part. You guys have crafted a truly awesome game and my 3rd favorite RPG of all time. I really really really look forward to both Witcher 3 and Cyber Punk. Keep up the awesome work guys and gals!
Oh man you have no idea. They have made tons of improvments in
TW3. You can jump, climb, sprint, walk,horse,boats, so no worries. TW2 just save alot.

Cool idea but it feels like it is grinding feature. You would have to do this thing 80 times if you would want to catch every monster. I think it would be quite repetetive after certain amount of catches(little bit like Assasins Creed Black Flag shark/whale hunt). On the other hand some questline with catching certain monsters into Novigrad zoo is very good idea.

Top Bottom