The Perfect Yennefer

+
For what it's worth, the characters in the new TW3 trailer are great. But Yen does not seem like Yen from the books. I think her face is fine. That hair needs to pack more punch. Longer and more curly. Jet black. And she needs to have that look where she'll slap Geralt the second they disagree.

There's no reason to have an amnesia-state Yennefer for the whole game. I mean yes at the start maybe she is still affected, but she is really too interesting of a character to be completely remade. CDPR always tries to follow the books to the letter anyway :eek:

@StaGiors: They don't always follow the books to the letter. And having (partially) amnesiac Yennefer would be in line with Geralt losing memory before. Of course they can make it that at the stage when she is introduced in the game she already regained her memories.

@StaGiors : They don't always follow the books to the letter. And having (partially) amnesiac Yennefer would be in line with Geralt losing memory before. Of course they can make it that at the stage when she is introduced in the game she already regained her memories.

It took 2 games before Geralt got his memories back, don't do this to me with Yennefer again.

Yet i still hope we have to help her getting her memories back, that would make fine flashbacks ;)

Well, Triss isn't a redhair neither but.... well CDPR like to change female colorhair.....

Yes, but it's her face shape that disturbs me. When JustAnoR took Rachel Weisz as a model she did with a purpose and it was the description of Yennefer in the books: that not perfect shape of her face, long nose, magnetic eyes... Weisz is the closer image to Yennefer description, providing that any of us has her own picture in her mind. Not satisfied with Ciri as well, but it's too early to say. Too few frames to say.
In short, I expected something better from CDP, something more... peculiar.
They should really, and I mean it, hire Tanya in the team

Yes, but it's her face shape that disturbs me. When JustAnoR took Rachel Weisz as a model she did with a purpose and it was the description of Yennefer in the books: that not perfect shape of her face, long nose, magnetic eyes... Weisz is the closer image to Yennefer description, providing that any of us has her own picture in her mind. Not satisfied with Ciri as well, but it's too early to say. Too few frames to say.
In short, I expected something better from CDP, something more... peculiar.
They should really, and I mean it, hire Tanya in the team

That was Geralt's very close inspection of Yennefer face characteristics I believe..Though I do agree that there is something lacking from Yennefer's face..Although I liked JustAnor's version I always thought it was kind of exaggerated a little bit.
About Ciri, I imagined her to have more of an innocent face, one that would not quite show what she has been through.. more like a princess face.

Although I liked JustAnor's version I always thought it was kind of exaggerated a little bit.
I agree with this. It's pretty art, but it could be a bit too much if you translate it directly into a real looking person. It works for that art style, but it might look completely different in another style. I dunno, I like CDPR's face. I'm scared that if they give her harsher features, she'll end up looking too old and witch-y or something.

I'm probably the only one who thinks that. :p

I guess CDPR devs are showing this little lack of giving personal character in female faces, same facial bones once again...what result too difficult to devs? lack of real woman universe knowledge? fear of overperformance? what's happening here?

In the video, Triss look stronger than a weak Yen besides her.... upside down the real characters.... How can Geral fall in love of such this weak damisele of the picture?

Last edited:
I guess CDPR devs are showing this little lack of giving personal character in female faces, same facial bones once again...what result too difficult to devs? lack of real woman universe knowledge? fear of overperformance? what's happening here?

In the video, Triss look stronger than a weak Yen besides her.... upside down the real characters.... How can Geral fall in love of such this weak damisele of the picture?
To be fair, that was just one small scene with one facial expression in one angle. Give them a chance to show her off more. :)

I'm more annoyed at how much screen time Triss got over her as if they don't want to show Yennefer off. But maybe they're just looking for input which is fine by me.

Indeed, after watching IGN's video, I can say most people, especially the ones who just played the games, do not have Yennefer in their mind at all. I know she will play a huge role in TW3 though, bigger even than that of Triss, regardless of the fact that most people will choose Triss over her. I mean she has to.

I'm repeating myself a bit in various threads, but it can't be helped. This is too damn important.

Of course it is impossible for CDPR to give us a Yennefer that looks exactly like we imagined from the books. We all have variations of that look, and I bet very few of them are identical to one another. What is universal is the fact that she is supposed to have raven-black hair and violet eyes. I'm sorry, but here I must put my foot down: These things you must not change! Some have argued that they have changed other characters' appearances - most notably Triss's hair-colour from chestnut to dark red - but to you I say: Next to Geralt, there are no characters in the Witcher Saga that are more important than Yennefer and Ciri. These two characters have had their eye- and hair-colours frequently described, often in detail, for a reason, and it is outright disrespectful to change Yennefer's hair to brown, or to get rid of her violet eyes - just as much as it is disrespectful not to give Ciri ashen hair and emerald green eyes. You simply can't get away with this, the way you can get away with changing the hair-colour of someone as (relatively) unimportant as Triss.

Soo, for better comparison.

Here is a direct link to the original without scaling.

Last edited:
I'm repeating myself a bit in various threads, but it can't be helped. This is too damn important.

Of course it is impossible for CDPR to give us a Yennefer that looks exactly like we imagined from the books. We all have variations of that look, and I bet very few of them are identical to one another. What is universal is the fact that she is supposed to have raven-black hair and violet eyes. I'm sorry, but here I must put my foot down: These things you must not change! Some have argued that they have changed other characters' appearances - most notably Triss's hair-colour from chestnut to dark red - but to you I say: Next to Geralt, there are no characters in the Witcher Saga that are more important than Yennefer and Ciri. These two characters have had their eye- and hair-colours frequently described, often in detail, for a reason, and it is outright disrespectful to change Yennefer's hair to brown, or to get rid of her violet eyes - just as much as it is disrespectful not to give Ciri ashen hair and emerald green eyes. You simply can't get away with this, the way you can get away with changing the hair-colour of someone as (relatively) unimportant as Triss.

Her eyes were perfect man, there just wasn't enough time to process them, look closer if you haven't already.
Hair kinda needs to be darker and a bit longer, and with more volume in my opinion.

So of course i saw the stream and here she is, Yennefer and i am (a little bit) disapponted, i mean, brown hair? Why brown hair? She has dark, raven black hair and fierce violet eyes :s /Edit: and, yeah, a little bit disappointed that my first post after such a long break is a criticism :s

Wait... wait a sec.. it is screen from gameplay?! It is not CGI? Really, explain me please. If it is actually gameplay i'm stunned. It can't be..

Top Bottom