[SOLVED] The Witcher (CRC - What Now?)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED] The Witcher (CRC - What Now?)

Well - Ive owned the Witcher for three weeks now - I still havent gotten it to run, and Atari has some godawful support. I was confused as to why they didnt offer a number to call for their support team - I now believe it actually does not exist and instead all support emails are sent to a monkey with a funny hat.This aside - Im getting the same CRC error on all my computers - I have three vistas in my house (one for my brother, one for my parents, one is mine) one XP (my moms work computer) and one 2000 (her laptop from work)I have attempted to install the Witcher on EVERY SINGLE one of them only to be returned with data3.cab failing the CRC.I have tried the following solutions with no avail;- Safe mode install (gave me CRC)- Reboot again and install (gave me CRC)- Copy entire CD to hard disk and install there (data3.cab would not transfer)- Uninstall any deamon tools, powerISO or any other CD Emulators entirely (completely took out PowerISO even though its a legit, legal copy, used for creating backups of games, movies, and albums, so that I dont have to ruin the CDs)- Try multiple times (cant count how many times)- Check CD for scratches (its brand new)- Take it back to the store for a refund (No can do)Is there something im missing???I really dont want a fifty dollar paperweight, cause I worked really hard to convince my mom to buy it for me (yes. My mom bought it, im not quite eighteen - need two more months)heres my specsCPU Specs.Operating systems: Windows Vista Home Premium 64bitProcessor: AMD Athlon(tm) Phenom Quad Core 2550 @ 2200 MHz ProcessorMemory: 6GB RAM (not including virtual ram set aside from RAMIdle)Hard Disk Space: 1060 GB out 1372 GB FreeVideo: ATI Radeon 4850 HDDirectX: DirectX 10.CD Drive: DVDRW+Labelflash Drive @ 12x DVD read speed, 40x CD read speedAny help is GREATLY appreciated.

DvineINFEKT said:
- Copy entire CD to hard disk and install there (data3.cab would not transfer)
try to exchange the disk, or at least take it back and make them install, if it works for them you need a new DVD drive or firmware

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
- Copy entire CD to hard disk and install there (data3.cab would not transfer)
try to exchange the disk, or at least take it back and make them install, if it works for them you need a new DVD drive or firmware
I will excange it tomorrow and repost with an update. Thank You.

I returned the game only minutes ago and it is installed - I haven't run it yet as im currently patching it, but it installed, so any other problems coming up should be managable and fixable. Thank you for your advice to all who responded across the message boards.[[Solved]][[Cross-Posted]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom