E3 Discussion Thread

+

Guest 2013460

The animations were great by themselves, where I saw the problem was in the transitions between them.
Great demo though, I hope we get to see a little more in that half hour segment coming on Twitch.

Journalists praised TW3 on E3 2013 and directed the hype, and we only got epic trailers with a very good cinematography, great graphics and music.
Today, suddenly, TW3 became a game instead of a movie and a fantasy. The bad PR move was one year ago, if you ask me.

I differ. The high HYPE from the press came from watching a controled PC demo of 30 minutes, behind close doors. Not by watching incredible CGI trailers.

After watching it like 7 times, i have to say CPDR, it looks excellent.

At this stage of development, i can already see that this game, when holding the controller or mouse and kb in your hands, plays WAY better than any of the two previous witchers. If you look into the details, especially in combat, how Grealt moves, when, at what pace, and how mobile he is, its clear TW2 cant even compare to this regarding controls and responsiveness.

The environments really impressed me a lot too, there's a LOT of vertical variety, Grealt can run fast and jump far and high, which adds many possibilities, makes him feel more like a witcher also, and the whole scene of the wilds in the demo looked very natural and varied, not like other open worlds.

Graphics were great, but I cant say much because of the stream quality, it seemed like Xbox One gameplay, very nice facial animations and features, except for lip synching which looks a bit stiff and uncomplete.

The music was awesome and fitted the moments very well.

On the bad side, honestly there's only the art style of the UI, which is a matter of taste, and then the griffing animations, I really didn't like that the animal seemed very rigid and not capable, like it lacked mobility, it just stood there in front of Geralt making normal attacks, maybe this was because Geralt brought it down with the crossbow but i dont know.

Everything else looked just like it should look, amazing but from a game not finished yet, which is excellent..

Not only hot but also cynical and "badass". She was just attacked by bandits alone in the woods and Geralt just killed them all in an instant in an extremely bloody way and then shows that attitude, saying theses lines? Well, of course, why not.... :p

Haha, that's true. Come on CD, show us some real characters next time. You are the kings of realistic fantasy worlds, please don't turn this game into a super model fest.

I think the woman in the cabin was actually a witch like Abigail.
The man came to her to get an elixir or something to heal his fever.
That would explain her beauty and behaviour.

Also, does every woman the Witcher meets must be insanely hot? Even living in a cabin, all alone?

Come on CD, you create mature worlds, don't fall into that trap.

Traps are everywhere. If they make them ugly, people will complain. If they make them pretty, supposedly, people will complain still. There seems to be no escape.

Eww, rewatching it does not make it any less janky.
That said, atleast there are lots of small touches like the carona of birds around the gryphon.

Yeah, fight with humans looks much better.

Gryphon kinda doesn't react to geralt's slashes, also there is this weird, what is it called. When geralt shoots with his crossbow there is this white stuff following the bolt. Same thing happened on gryphons attack. Cdpr stop it.

I hope there will be a different animation when he walks up the hill. Looks like he walks normally, without any effort.

I don't find animations that good, to be frank...
I agree it needs to be slower like GTA V when he is running up or down hill it does not blend well.
The landing on the jump should be tweaked just a bit smoother. CDPR needs to take some more tips from Dragon's Dogma's animations for that and the motion blur for sword and arrows but the rest looks pretty damn cool so far!! Keep it guys :)

Last edited:
Yeah, fight with humans looks much better.

Gryphon kinda doesn't react to geralt's slashes, also there is this weird, what is it called. When geralt shoots with his crossbow there is this white stuff following the bolt. Same thing happened on gryphons attack. Cdpr stop it.

You mean a trail? So that we could see he shot his crossbow? right...

Traps are everywhere. If they make them ugly, people will complain. If they make them pretty, supposedly, people will complain still. There seems to be no escape.

Nah, the problem is that she looks way too hot for a farmer girl, that doesn't they have to be ugly, but it looks like she was going to a party or sth.

Attachments

• cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg
    cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom