Football Thread (actual "football")

+
Today

Chelsea - Gala
Real - Schalke

Gala could do it, imo.
Real-Schalke... well, Schalke could try to deliver a good game. I doubt that there is even a chance to progress.

World Cup will be really interesting (and a month of joy). I'm not seeing Messi getting that final achievements that is sometimes said to be necessary, for him to be named the greatest in history. Brazil and Germany are much more frightening right now than Argentina.

World Cup will be really interesting (and a month of joy). I'm not seeing Messi getting that final achievements that is sometimes said to be necessary, for him to be named the greatest in history. Brazil and Germany are much more frightening right now than Argentina.

Sadly, I concur. I hope that we at least get to the semifinals this time...

Germany are bottlers, they still lack the mentality. Brazil and Spain are the favorites in my book, with Germany and Argentina a step down.

Germany are bottlers, they still lack the mentality. Brazil and Spain are the favorites in my book, with Germany and Argentina a step down.

We (Germany) so often got to the finals and semi-finals and then have a "bad day". I mean, we destroyed England and Argentina in 2010 and then lost 1:0 against spain...
We always lost against the later world/european champion...

This will hopefully change this time :D

Lots of USA and Mexico fans around here. But they're going to be disappointed.

Group A at least gives Mexico a look at advancing. But El Tri are a mess and almost missed qualifying; even a win over Croatia is no sure thing.

Group G is brutal. Germany advance. Portugal and Ghana, pick 'em. I like Ghana. Team USA could go home with an o-fer.

Last edited:
I really wish it would be Germany :D But I guess Italy could play a big role in the struggle for the title. Any guesses about Germany (Baby-Team) vs Poland this evening? Löw will bring up many young talents to test them for the WC.

Any guesses about Germany (Baby-Team) vs Poland this evening? Löw will bring up many young talents to test them for the WC.
Don't think he will be testing them for the WC. 20 off the most likely to be nominated players still have games this week in their respective clubs. Add in the 3 that are actually already free to play against Poland that makes 23 of 25 players he can take. (and one of those two spots left is probably gone be a goal keeper.)

Brazil kicks off today with the World Cup. You know the courtesy is to support the hosting countries team unless they are up against your own, so I'll be watching anyone else?

I´ve never before heard about that "courtesy", lol. Nevertheless, I hope Brazil does well in the World Cup (unless they cross paths with Argentina, of course!).

I´ve never before heard about that "courtesy", lol. Nevertheless, I hope Brazil does well in the World Cup (unless they cross paths with Argentina, of course!).

I will cheer for Kroatia, out of courtesy.
It's not nice if no one roots for the underdog: go Kroatia ~

Huh guess it's just a British thing then. Everyone else is uncivilized :p (joke)

Top Bottom